Exclamation Paul George: "It's 'very possible' that I can play this season..."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...om-leg-surgery

During Pacers media day, Paul George talked about the odds of returning from his broken leg before the end of the 2014-15 season, via Mark Montieth of Pacers.com:

It's very possible that I can play (this season). I've talked to all the guys and said, 'Man, you guys have to get in the playoffs. That's the best chance I've got of coming back and playing this year.' I've already got it in mind that I could miss this whole year. I'm come to peace with that, but I'd love to be able to come back and play again.

- Paul George
    Looks like the recovery is going great but honestly I feel like George should sit out the whole year even if he feels fully healthy late in the season. I wouldn't want to risk suffering another devastating injury. He should just rest and start working on his game right after his leg heals perfectly so he can be ready for 2015-16. That's the way I would go.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Paul George: "It's 'very possible' that I can play this season..."

Well considering the Pacers legitimately might not make the playoffs theres no reason for him to play

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Well considering the Pacers legitimately might not make the playoffs theres no reason for him to play
    Exactly. That's why I and the majority of NBA fans think he should sit out the whole season so he can have more time to recover and get back into form. No need to rush things.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Not like he tore a ligament. He just straight up snapped a bone didn't he?

Im surprised that takes as long to play on as it does these days. Bone only heals so fast....but with all the advances I assumed they had something they could use to make it more stable. The plates/screws/rods they use these days...

A clean break of a bone seems low on the list of things it would take time to recover from when they incase it in whatever they use.

I guess whatever they do to mend it doesn't make it as strong as I assumed. Or at least not as quickly.

As devastating as the injury looked, it is much better to have a broken bone than a torn ligament. Much better blood supply and less complex

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Im surprised that takes as long to play on as it does these days. Bone only heals so fast....but with all the advances I assumed they had something they could use to make it more stable. The plates/screws/rods they use these days...

A clean break of a bone seems low on the list of things it would take time to recover from when they incase it in whatever they use.

I guess whatever they do to mend it doesn't make it as strong as I assumed. Or at least not as quickly.
    I'm actually surprised he's walking already. When I broke my fibula, i needed surgery like he did. A plate with 6 screws. I couldn't walk for 2 months and that's with proper diet. I was eating everything that supposedly helps bones heal faster. I was also exercising and doing anything that I found might help the bone heal faster without everything NBA players have access to.

Paul George broke both his fibula and tibia. The fibula usually takes 2-3 months to heal while the tibia takes 4-6 months. His recovery time is pretty amazing.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    As devastating as the injury looked, it is much better to have a broken bone than a torn ligament. Much better blood supply and less complex
    A broken bone, if properly fixed is really nothing. I broke my fibula and the only residual effects of the injury are mental. I'm just as quick as I was before and I jump just as high.

I stop and pump fake a lot more often than I used to. I tend to also not drive/jump into defenders anymore as well, that's how I originally broke my fibula. It just isn't worth it for me, but if I were being paid millions, I think I could be just as aggressive as I used to be.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    I had a near identical break about 8" lower on my leg about 20 years ago. Bone sliced through some nerves and I still don't have complete feeling back in my leg. Its TWO bones, its about as far away from the heart as possible, and there ARE issues with circulation. Ask Ware how long it took him to get back. If its just a break on a non-weight bearing bone return is quick. But a compound injury in the leg? Nah, it'll be a while. Now he has better medical care than I had access to and medicine has come a long ways. But he won't be a fraction of his normal self in April.

Give me a meniscus over this any day.
    Last edited by HurricaneKid; 10-01-2014 at 03:44 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    A broken bone, if properly fixed is really nothing. I broke my fibula and the only residual effects of the injury are mental. I'm just as quick as I was before and I jump just as high.

I stop and pump fake a lot more often than I used to. I tend to also not drive/jump into defenders anymore as well, that's how I originally broke my fibula. It just isn't worth it for me, but if I were being paid millions, I think I could be just as aggressive as I used to be.
    Fibula is a nothing bone. Its just there to support the tibia. Comparing that injury to a compound Tib/Fib is beyond silly.

Dunking on everybody in the park

well PG on 1 leg still better than Harden + the east is really weak so even he plays like 25 games Pacers can still make the play off. Any number less than that there is no point.

It would be nice to see PG out on the floor this year. But I do hope that he sits the year out and just recover, 100%.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

It probably heals well enough for everyday activities fairly quick but the impact stuff they want to make sure it's more than healed... just guessing but that's my thoughts on it all

'He shouldnt
    Indy should tank there are some good prospects next year on the wings. Lance leaving hurt them badly i doubt they make it out of the 1st round since George will take a while to get back if he does this season