Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers waive Goudelock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
err woops

lol
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #17
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Uh.....do you realize that our Scouting department is run by Jesse Buss who knows far less about basketball than the worst poster on the main board?
Bad idea to get them involved in getting players.

One reason I was glad we traded away our picks, they would've been wasted with ignorance. The Lakers don't put money into scouting and don't care, we are the complete opposite of the Spurs on that subject.

Really.....would you want 'Antoni making decisions on players even though we all know he'll be fired this season like Brown was? That would be gasoline on the fire.

I would trust Jeanie and Mitch to handle things when it comes to coaches and players. I would like to see what's his face.....Jeanie's man involved in things too...lol.

I truly dunno if Jeannie Buss has more basketball knowledge than the scouting department as you said. What if they are just bad at making decisions but they scout players fairly in-depth?

As for coach making decisions on players - if D'Antoni will be here next year for sure, I don't think it is farfetched to expect him to get a big say on the players that are on the roster. Coaches almost always have a big say on roster unless if you have a Jerry Jones or somebody like him running the organization. Look, I admit D'antoni was a bad hire from the beginning, but he will be closely involved in player decisions as long as he is here.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I truly dunno if Jeannie Buss has more basketball knowledge than the scouting department as you said. What if they are just bad at making decisions but they scout players fairly in-depth?

As for coach making decisions on players - if D'Antoni will be here next year for sure, I don't think it is farfetched to expect him to get a big say on the players that are on the roster. Coaches almost always have a big say on roster unless if you have a Jerry Jones or somebody like him running the organization. Look, I admit D'antoni was a bad hire from the beginning, but he will be closely involved in player decisions as long as he is here.

Let me get you up to date on the Lakers Scouting aka Jesse Buss:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/120821_behindlalscoutingstaff

http://www.ocregister.com/lakers/lak...-arrested.html

Quote:
Jesse Buss, youngest son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss, was arrested early Friday morning on an alcohol charge in Lexington, Ky., according WDRB-TV's Tamara Evans in Louisville.
Buss, 23, was reportedly arrested at 3:39 a.m., and according to Evans: "He demanded preferential treatment from officers. He kept telling officers he was the son of Jerry Buss, owner of the L.A. Lakers."
Buss doesn't have a prominent role with the Lakers, though he is starting work as a scout and was on hand with brothers Jim and Joey and their father at Mike Brown's introductory news conference. He shares the same mother as Joey Buss, who said in his recent interview about his family that he is closest in the family to Jesse -- and acknowledged Jesse likes to maintain a lifestyle that includes a lot of club-going.
Lakers spokesman John Black had no comment.

Get the point???? Buss boys spent their time drinking and clubbing off daddy's money and power while Jeanie has been busy working her butt off.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: