Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Replace LeBron with Carmelo During the Heat Run

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    The heat were 6th in defensive rating in 2010.. before lebron came onto the team. Sixth best defense in the entire league with a trash frontcourt. What does that say about their perimeter defense?

Chalmers and wade were beast defense back then.. bosh became one of the best hedgers against the PnR during his stint with miami.. you cant use defense as your argument here. Miami wouldve had a great defense completely without lebron. They already had it before he got there and they added one of the most mobile PFs in the league.
    I already made this kind of post but the stans ignored it. They keep acting like Bron taught Spo how to implement a defensive scheme or something when Miami played the same kind of defense before he joined (and Bosh also had big defensive impact). Chamlers/Wade/Melo/Bosh would of course have been capable of running the same trapping and disruptive defensive scheme.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    I already made this kind of post but the stans ignored it. They keep acting like Bron taught Spo how to implement a defensive scheme or something when Miami played the same kind of defense before he joined (and Bosh also had big defensive impact). Chamlers/Wade/Melo/Bosh would of course have been capable of running the same trapping and disruptive defensive scheme.
    and I respect that.. check back to my reply before your reply though.. a few pages ago. We share the same sentiments. Cheers brother.

Yeah, was mostly quoting to reaffirm the point as it's been made a bunch of times now and yet no Bron-lover has yet bothered to acknowledge it or accept that Miami Heat defense didn't start and end with Lebron. In fact, Miami stopped playing good defense last season while Lebron was still there (a deterioration that he was a big part of).

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    So does Melo. Solid defender, good rebound, good passer.
    Melo isnt on LBJ's level in any thing but scoring. Bottom line you add LBJ to almost any team and they are contenders you add Melo to almost any team and they are still just any team.