Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Banned

Default Re: Theories on LeBron James: WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by bail
    maybe he does not want wade to be the finals mvp, when wade has a better game, it looks like bron prefers to lose the game.. see game 2 and 4 :)
    What about Game 1 & 3?

G1: Wade 22-10-6, LBJ 24-9-5...nearly identical.
    G3:Wade Wade 29-11-3, LBJ 17-3-9....Wade was better.

Overall Wade is having the best series out of any player on either team.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Wade's been to the Finals and won, Lebron's been to the Finals and got thrashed. Lebron is following Wades lead and letting Wade be the one who leads them. I can't say he's mentally weak because I don't think he is.

I really think he doesn't know how to take that next step when the games mean so much. When it's a regular season game he can play loosey goosey have fun and be himself, in the playoffs against a team when he has a clear advantage he's the same, loose and playing like he's a beast but when the chips are all in and teams focus on him when every trip down court counts he vapor locks. With Wade and bosh it's easier for him to let them do the heavy lifting while he picks up the odd scraps.

The game has always come so easy for Lebron, he's always been the man child playing against boys and he struggles when he's matched up against an equally talented team playing real man basketball and it freaks him out
    This sums up my opinion pretty much as well and is easily the best post of this thread.

He ebbs and flows with the competition. Same old lack of maturity and will that he's shown throughout his entire career.

Sixers had nothing that could stop him. Dominance ensued.
    Boston realistically had nothing that could stop him and was offensively weak. Dominance ensued.
    Chicago had nothing that could stop him. Dominance ensued.
    Dallas has designed a defense structured around making him a facilitator and not letting him have his way, content to let him pass and defer to teammates. Lack of dominance has thus far ensued.

For a guy who is easily the most talented individual to come to the NBA in this generation, he's no gamer. He still hasn't learned to cope with having his buttons pushed out on the floor...like a spoiled child, he exhibits clear signs of a guy who is terribly accustomed to having his way.

When he knows he's better than you...when he knows there's nothing out there that can stop him...he plays like it. The inverse is true as well; if he sees a team that's doing everything it can to take him out of the equation, he's not interested in willing himself to find a way through it. He defers. He backs off on both ends and just goes for the easy stuff that he can get. You get what you're getting now...you get last season's loss to the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Is there anything more retarded than people still harping on LeBron's "post-game"?

Can anyone name a single 26 year old perimeter player in NBA history who posted up? I'm amazed by how ignorant fans tend to be about the game. Who the heck is even posting up in this league that drives people to be so critical of LeBron's inability to do so? There isn't a single perimeter player in the NBA who relies on back-to-the-basket skills to be productive on the court. Hardly anyone even has these skills.
    Huh?! Jordan from 96-98 and Kobe the past 2 seasons had stellar post up-games. Most important than his age is the number of season's he's played:8 and counting. He should have some semblance of a post-game by now, especially as he's bulked up and diminished his ability to drive as well as before. Wade even posts every so often, yes he's 29 but he's played the same number of seasons.

26 with a post game?? Off the bat, Melo has a great post-game and that's been the case for a few years now.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 06-09-2011 at 08:34 AM.

He'd rather be one of the guys than be the all out leader. He doesn't have a strong enough personality to take the bull by the horns.

Sometimes, the situation requires that you get in peoples' faces and really challenge them. Don't worry about whether or not they like you. Other greats in the present/past aren't afraid to confront their teammates. LeBron isn't like that. He's very consumed with wanting to be liked.

damn lebron and his fans suck.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    The post game stuff has always annoyed me with Lebron; as has been noted, who the hell was posting up much at his age? MJ wasn't posting up much in 1989, and for good reason - there's no reason to have an athletic freak with a great midrange shot like Jordan screwing around in the post when he can get better shots facing up on the perimeter and getting to the hoop/pulling up from midrange. When he put on muscle and slowed down a little, it made sense. Lebron should start developing one now (and he is) but it didn't make as much sense before. Every time Lebron/Jordan are in the post, it also means they aren't facing up on the perimeter and getting to the hoop.
    You can be an athletic freak and use that to your advantage while posting up. They're not mutually exclusive. If nothing else, it's nicer to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

His jumper is fine and has been for three years. His primary means of attack this season was jumpers, and he was one of the best midrange players in the league (45% from both 10-15 feet and 16-23 feet, which are phenomenal numbers). His problems in game 4 were unrelated to his skills/athleticism.
    Well, my post made the concession that his shot may be fine, while his confidence in it may not be. And I think it bears out. When he's having a good game, when he's "feeling it", he'll hit any jumper in the world. When he's off, he's exceedingly tentative. Maybe he's just smart, and not hoisting up shots when they're not falling. It appears to me, however, more a reaction dictated by the defense than anything else.

Lebron's biggest problem with his shot is his FT shooting. He's been around 77% the last 3 years which is okay, but I'd like to see him get it into the low to mid 80s.
    His freethrow form looks better than his jumper form. At a certain point. it's just a mental thing.

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Is there anything more retarded than people still harping on LeBron's "post-game"?

Can anyone name a single 26 year old perimeter player in NBA history who posted up? I'm amazed by how ignorant fans tend to be about the game. Who the heck is even posting up in this league that drives people to be so critical of LeBron's inability to do so? There isn't a single perimeter player in the NBA who relies on back-to-the-basket skills to be productive on the court. Hardly anyone even has these skills.
    Who cares about age? Lebron has been in the league for 8 freakin seasons. Plenty of players had a low/high post back-to-the-basket game by their 8th season. The Dallas Mavericks are disrespecting Lebron putting Jason Kidd on him at times and he can't even take advantage of the matchup. Put Jason Kidd on Kobe Bryant and he's getting posted up. Put Jason Kidd on Carmelo Anthony and he's getting posted up. In the past? Put Jason Kidd on Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Penny Hardaway, his teammate Nick Anderson, Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice, Steve Smith and he's getting posted up. Hell, even Bonzi Wells comes to mind. He had a nice post game in only his 2nd year in the league.

I've been saying the last 2 years there's no reason for a player of that size with that kind of athleticism and speed not to have a post game. When those driving lanes are cut off and your shot isn't falling it's just another weapon to go to in your arsenal. It's rare that something bad comes out of a good post game. It's a high percentage shot. It's a matchup nightmare when you have a smaller player guarding you. It forces the defense to react and double which opens up passing lanes and shooters. Anything is better than sitting on the perimeter looking like an idiot with a midget guarding you.

The same can be said for Kevin Durant. He has all the length in the world and a great shooting touch. He could kill with even an average post game. Who's going to block a jumphook from him with those long arms? Instead he's either getting denied the ball on the perimeter by good defenders, shooting 30 foot shots at the end of games or forced to watch Westbrook take over down the stretch. It's just retarded. He and Lebron need to wise the f*** up.

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

firstly chandler and the mavs piick and roll coverage was excellent last night, so give the mavs some credit.

really strange performance, at times hed get the ball look to go iso, go nowhere call for a pick get nowhere and give up. back in cleveland he could hold the ball a halfcourt, get the pick and attack the hedging player at full speed, in miami he cant do that, they have too much talent to play lebron ball and hes looked pretty limited the last 2 games. wade has obviously adjusted much better to the situation than lebron has. wade seems to be getting more shots off of cuts than lebron.

i really dont understand whats going on, lebron doesnt look like he can consistently get to the rim, but he doesnt seem frustrated by that, hes almost resigned to playing at the level he is, maybe he thinks he needs to let wade take over?

Local High School Star

His poor play has nothing to do with a lack of offensive talent or poor shooting. He is mentally taking himself out of games... Making an extra pass when it's not necessary, not being aggressive towards the lane, not taking shots when the opportunity arises, and generally deciding to pass the ball from the moment it touches his fingertips.

Why is he playing like that? I got no idea. I do know that it's destroying what respect I had left for him after the Boston game last year. He needs to come up big tonight in the worst sort of way.