Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pau won't take a pay cut to stay with Lakers

Love Pau hope he has a great season and we can find away to keep him so he will retire a Laker.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    The last 3 years......yes, stealing money without a doubt, beginning with him being a crybaby in the playoffs against Dallas because his girl dumped him.

My opinion is that since his skill, and most importantly his will have greatly diminished.....not to mention his health with age. He is a fool to think he shouldn't have to take a pay cut.....that is just common sense.

2009? Should the Bulls pay Jordan....Pippen and Rodman 25 million each to return???
    If the 3rd digit doesn't have a 1 in front of it there is no discussion of merit in the present day.....it's going to be 2014. Why not pay DFish 15 mil to return?

Now, the season is about to start, lets not ruin the board with childish name calling, no one wants to read that crap nor any back and forth on it.
    It is easy enough to give intelligent arguments without it.
    Lecture.

They offered that contract to him in 2009 when he was still worth that kind of money. He made a huge impact to the Lakers, so, they wanted to show gratitude by offering him that kind of money. Do I think he should take a paycut? Yes. Obviously, he's not the same player as he was before. With that being said, there's no need to bitch about a contract that he earned. Basic logic.

& DK, chill. You know I don't mean that personally :))

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Lecture.

They offered that contract to him in 2009 when he was still worth that kind of money. He made a huge impact to the Lakers, so, they wanted to show gratitude by offering him that kind of money. Do I think he should take a paycut? Yes. Obviously, he's not the same player as he was before. With that being said, there's no need to bitch about a contract that he earned. Basic logic.

& DK, chill. You know I don't mean that personally :))

Well it's good you know the obvious.....and that was my point, I don't care about 2009 or the current contract. The point was that if he thinks he shouldn't take a huge paycut he is completely nuts.
    Why does he think the Lakers should continue paying him $19 million in a new contract when he hasn't played to a $19 million level since last decade

It's all good bro.....but when you say some things it invites useless trolls into the thread.....we both know who those are.
    I'm trying to keep this forum civil with no petty personal bickering, just good basketball debate.
    Speaking of civil, where is my favorite class act guy and excellent moderator Lakerfreak?