Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-Game Ritual

Default Re: Pre-Game Ritual

My Freshman year, I would just sit in the locker room, come out shoot around and then sit on the bench and wait. I would just sit there and picture what I am going to do to the other team.

just get mentally prepared. usually on game days during school i wouldn't talk to a whole lot of people, wouldn't really do that much work, just visualize. as for before the game, i would listen to Tupac, and the last song i would always listen to was the intro to its dark and hell is hot by DMX. that **** will get you ready for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    where the hell do you guys play?

dunking will get you a tech if the refs are on the floor.
    in warm ups it's okay... actually you are right. In a lot of my leagues, a game dunk = TECH. I had a friend nearly 1 hand a put back, but he refrained from grabbing the rim and kinda did the 'Dwight Howard' throw in.

But in WARM UPs, it's okay. Touch glass, dunk, throw up halfcourt shots; refs don't care till clock runs.

I believe in my Delaware league dunking is okay because there was an NY team posterizing everyone

plus, in the filipino/asian leagues I play in I don't think refs expect any of us to dunk, but they get kinda surprised when they see guys 5'10 - 6'1 exploding off the floor... the bigger guys is obvious but, well I mean my guards get up pretty high and you wouldn't really be worried about it till they do it
    Last edited by Automajic23; 08-17-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iTwistAnkles
    i pray before games, (i go into the washroom, since i do not want to bother anyone, and there are few muslims on my team) i pray not to get injured, to win, and to have a good game.

besides that i just jump up and down in the locker room, swing my arms to get loose. and i dont listen to music, thats just me, i need to concentrate on who my matchup is gonna be, or how im gonna score off set plays
    you muslim? i am too bro

on this whole dunking thing, i got a warning when i dunked a couple minutes a game was about to start. but i'm talking about highschool basketball, i dont know if you guys are talking about aau or what.

you muslim? i am too bro

on this whole dunking thing, i got a warning when i dunked a couple minutes a game was about to start. but i'm talking about highschool basketball, i dont know if you guys are talking about aau or what.
    I would consider the leagues I play in at this level:

Tier 1:
    18-Under
    Juveniles
    REC Leagues
    Asian Ameteur

Tier 2:
    Mixed Ameteurs <--- here
    Asian Open Division <--- here
    Mixed Open Division
    College Club Team <--- here

Tier 3:
    AAU

Granted that the asian leagues I play in don't boast the height and athleticism that mixed leagues will (whites/blacks included), the skill level of play and talent is still just as high. Ex: I'm a legit 3-4 in the asian leagues, but when I play with my college club team, I'm a 2nd unit 2-3, and I'm a short 3 @ 6feet tall
    Last edited by Automajic23; 08-17-2009 at 03:06 PM.

you muslim? i am too bro

I play in New York. A lot of our games are in Brooklyn and Bronx. The refs don't care about the dunking part as the lay up lines are used as warm-ups, they know that. I don't see why it would be a problem

One of my boys who is 6'8" got warned for hanging on the rim and smacking the backboard tho.

Dunking on everybody in the park Basketman's Avatar

Always stretch.

in HS play if you touch the rim during warm ups it is supposed to be a tech, at least in california anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    in HS play if you touch the rim during warm ups it is supposed to be a tech, at least in california anyways.
    WOW REALLY But a lot of people dunk in HS games across the US?

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    Wow thats pretty sucky. Whats wrong with warming up your dunks? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Automajic23
    WOW REALLY But a lot of people dunk in HS games across the US?
    during games its fine, but if a ref is on the floor when you dunk before tipoff its a tech.

you muslim? i am too bro

my grandther is muslim, his side of the family is muslim,
    me and the rest of the family is christian. but i grew up/live in a area filled with a lot of arabs, so i know they're ways,

ive noticed some arabs act however they like outside and at school, but at home they won't say a single word

I always put the right shoe on first, I don't remember when was the last the last time I didn't.

Then just some shooting + lay-ups, and I always do some stretching after that.

I am Chris Wilcox

Our team had a whole team stretching and warm up thing that was planned and led by the captain. I never took it seriously and always gave the captain sh!t during the warmup, he would then make the warmups longer - bastard.

I just wanted to play, I couldn't be arsed stretching and doing a bunch of boring shyte that I couldn't care less about. I just wanted to get the game going.

After the stretching and jogging, we started shooting drills. Nothing major, just around the world sort of thing and layup lines. I never took that seriously either and was always using it as my time to try out new dunks and crazy shots I thought would be appropriate - apparently my coach thought different. Hell, I think most of my antics in warmups explain why I didn't get as many starts as I thought I should have gotten (personally I thought I should have started every game, but that's just me).

I usually hit open layups Spec5ial5k5's Avatar

during games its fine, but if a ref is on the floor when you dunk before tipoff its a tech.
    yea my area its a tech too as long as u dont grab the rim i dont think they care