Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default I'm not entirely sure that people fully grasp the psychological impact..

that great players can have on their teammates if they're the type of great player that gets people involved.

The best recent example I have of this is Cleveland with LeBron. Clearly to anyone watching, LeBron, while still amazing, is not quite 100 percent of what he used to be... nevertheless the Cavs continue to perform and have a legit title shot despite a roster full of players that never won a damn thing in their lives and were considered in some cases as being cancerous players and or garbage throwaways.

See JR Smith on the Knicks.

I see people on this site calling the Cavs the deepest team in the league with a loaded roster even with love hurt... Meanwhile these are all the same guys that just a year ago were all losing like crazy, doing nothing to truly help their teams win in any significant way, and now they're probably going to the finals... what changed?

It is my humble belief that LeBron, in this case, has given these guys an identity, purpose... and most importantly... the power of BELIEF... thus the aforementioned psychological impact. He doesn't even have to necessarily perform on the level that he once did in order for them to win it all because of this one simple yet unbelievably complex fact.
    Last edited by Orlando Magic; 05-15-2015 at 06:55 AM.

Default Re: I'm not entirely sure that people fully grasp the psychological impact..

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    that great players can have on their teammates I'd there the type of great player that gets people involved.

The best recent example I have of this is Cleveland with LeBron. Clearly to anyone watching, LeBron, while still amazing, is not quite 100 percent of what he used to be... nevertheless the Cavs continue to perform and have a legit title shot despite a roster full of players that never won a damn thing in their lives and were considered in some cases as being cancerous players and or garbage throwaways.

I see people on this site calling the Cavs the deepest team in the league with a loaded roster even with love hurt... Meanwhile these are all the same guys that just a year ago were all losing like crazy, doing nothing to truly help their teams win in any significant way, and now they're probably going to the finals... what changed?

It is my humble belief that LeBron, in this case, has given these guys an identity, purpose... and most importantly... the power of BELIEF... thus the aforementioned psychological impact. He doesn't even have to necessarily perform on the level that he once did in order for them to win it all because of this one simple yet unbelievably complex fact.

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

Default Re: I'm not entirely sure that people fully grasp the psychological impact..

well obviously lebron helps a lot. only the haters are saying they are stacked to fit their agenda. i mean houston, spurs, gsw, clippers are more stacked.

Could LeBron win a title if you replaced Harden with him on the Rockets?
    That's what Im wondering...
    Last edited by 305Baller; 05-15-2015 at 08:27 AM.

JR Smith was the 2nd option on the 3rd best offense in the league just two years ago

Op thinks hes Tony Robbins

OP is onto something, Lebron brings ref security, a big psychological boost

Very good NBA starter

matthew dellavedova ain't dropping 19 in a close-out playoff game if he's playing with kobe

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    matthew dellavedova ain't dropping 19 in a close-out playoff game if he's playing with kobe
    This. Lebron is turning his teammates into all stars

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    But Kareem Rush will drop 18 in the exact same scenario with Shaq/Kobe. Look, I do think LeBron has a huge impact on the floor even if he's struggling shooting (even more so than other stars) , just from his ball movement, defensive attention etc., but attributing a fluke hot game from a 10th man to LeBron is complete delusion. Dellavedova had a hot game, that's all. The same way any scrub can have a good game once in a while.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    But Kareem Rush will drop 18 in the exact same scenario with Shaq/Kobe. Look, I do think LeBron has a huge impact on the floor even if he's struggling shooting (even more so than other stars) , just from his ball movement, defensive attention etc., but attributing a fluke hot game from a 10th man to LeBron is complete delusion. Dellavedova had a hot game, that's all. The same way any scrub can have a good game once in a while.
    you still need a leader who gives you some confidence to keep rolling and have a hot game.

if dellavedova missed two shots, he'd almost immediately get this guy to look like this:

"F--king A, Matt. do you really have to shoot everytime you get wide open??? DAFUQ, man"

Serious playground baller toneloc103's Avatar

Man... LBJ cant win with most of you guys. If they would have lost he is beta af. If they win the bbulls were hurt/disorganized. If a role player has a good game, he had nothing to do with it. Damn Give dude some credit... LBJ is a special player. i am not a stan. I hated him when he left. I am a Cavs fan. Can yall let us enjoy the series win for at least a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    [COLOR="Red"]that great players can have on their teammates if they're the type of great player that gets people involved.[/COLOR]

I agree. That's also something a guy like Magic brought to the table. It motivates guys to play harder, to move around more, to cut to the basket harder, to run the floor harder, etc because they know their superstar will find them if they are open. When your superstar player is completely into playing the game the right way, yes, it can definitely impact the rest of the team in a hugely, positive way.

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc103
    Man... LBJ cant win with most of you guys. If they would have lost he is beta af. If they win the bbulls were hurt/disorganized. If a role player has a good game, he had nothing to do with it. Damn Give dude some credit... LBJ is a special player. i am not a stan. I hated him when he left. I am a Cavs fan. Can yall let us enjoy the series win for at least a day?
    I don't like LeBron too much either but I do recognize he is special. He plays the game the right way and impacts the game in so many ways.