NBA Superstar

Default OKC used to start out slow because of Perkins, now it's the opposite...

You saw it last game vs Golden State. OKC started off with what, a 15 point lead or something? And then Perkins comes in the game, instantly sets an illegal screen for a turnover, turns the ball over on the next play, and then shortly thereafter holds the ball for 5 seconds straight on an inbounds pass and turns it over... All while playing absolute garbage defense and getting just 1 rebound in 16 minutes....

I think Golden State had the lead at the half or some crazy shit like that, all because of Perkins.

Reminds me of the Finals when OKC would start off down 16 and then pull Perkins and start clawing themselves out of the hole he dug them in.

When will Brooks and this damn team learn that Perkins is god awful and should be pulled the instant he starts doing consecutive dumb shit and should only really be used in certain matchups to begin with... Otherwise OKC can go small with Nick or Ibaka at the 5....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: OKC used to start out slow because of Perkins, now it's the opposite...

Default Re: OKC used to start out slow because of Perkins, now it's the opposite...

No excuses.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    No excuses.
    Why do people keep saying this shit?

Of course there aren't any excuses for OKC this year. Repeating it in thread after thread must get tiring. I don't know, maybe that's just me though.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Why do people keep saying this shit?

Of course there aren't any excuses for OKC this year. Repeating it in thread after thread must get tiring. I don't know, maybe that's just me though.
    It's become an ISH thing.

But, honestly, it makes LeBron-stans and I suppose some Heat fans look insecure since most of the people who say it fall under one or both of those categories... And it was obviously repeated to them all last year. They're just admitting the trolling got to them and it's like the response of a child when they mimick as a rebuttal.

College superstar

Okc fans always with the same boring ass excuses...
    1. Scott Brooks
    2. Perkins
    3. the other team shooting lights out.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    It's become an ISH thing.

But, honestly, it makes LeBron-stans and I suppose some Heat fans look insecure since most of the people who say it fall under one or both of those categories... And it was obviously repeated to them all last year. They're just admitting the trolling got to them and it's like the response of a child when they mimick as a rebuttal.
    It's funny because that whole "no excuses" thing was directed towards the Heat mainly because of the fact that they played in one the shittiest conferences of all time and insecure LeBron stans always try to use it against other stars that play in the West when everyone knew this offseason that LeBron was going to avoid the West like the plague.

But regardless, as long as OKC is healthy once the playoffs roll around, they have absolutely zero excuses to not win it all other than having a total ****ing moron for a head coach.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    Okc fans always with the same boring ass excuses...
    1. Scott Brooks
    2. Perkins
    3. the other team shooting lights out.
    So the Thunder lost this game for a reason other than Perkins and Brooks?

I don't know what you're trying to get at here. When the Thunder lose, Perkins usually plays too much, which is a fault of Brooks who usually runs some dumbass rotations in those games. Otherwise it'd be Durant and/or Westbrook just having a total off night.

NBA Superstar

The Warriors literally went so small they ran Draymond Green at center at one point in the game, and out of a timeout Brooks still kept Perkins in the game.

Tell me that ain't one of the dumbest things you've ever seen an NBA coach do.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

They got beat by a more balance team and were up in the first half despite Durrant having a career half and WB dominating.

I said in the other thread to you, the rest of the roster is a bunch of scrubs who look decent cause of Durrant and WB.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    They got beat by a more balance team and were up in the first half despite Durrant having a career half and WB dominating.

I said in the other thread to you, the rest of the roster is a bunch of scrubs who look decent cause of Durrant and WB.
    did you watch the game?

Adams was playing great and Perkins played like total shit and as I said in other posts, Perkins was out there when it made absolutely no sense at all because of how small the Warriors were going.

no excuses, most stacked team in the west.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    It's funny because that whole "no excuses" thing was directed towards the Heat mainly because of the fact that they played in one the shittiest conferences of all time and insecure LeBron stans always try to use it against other stars that play in the West when everyone knew this offseason that LeBron was going to avoid the West like the plague.

But regardless, as long as OKC is healthy once the playoffs roll around, they have absolutely zero excuses to not win it all other than having a total ****ing moron for a head coach.
    rammin it home on that anvil like a sledgehammer

got rid of harden........kept perkins.........