Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Rockets fans will never forgive Morey for the Lowry trade..

Lowry was disgruntled with Kevin Mchale and the Houston organization. I doubt Houston wanted to get rid of him.

I'm more pissed about losing Gogi. I don't have anything against JLin and don't mind taking the risk, but I don't see why we just didn't give Gogi that contract. I don't think Lin will be that good, but of course, I really really really hope I am proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    I'm more pissed about losing Gogi. I don't have anything against JLin and don't mind taking the risk, but I don't see why we just didn't give Gogi that contract. I don't think Lin will be that good, but of course, I really really really hope I am proven wrong.
    I think Lin will be every bit as good as Dragic.
    I agree with Morey for not giving him that deal with a player option.

Exactly!!! Can't believe they let Gogi leave.....I really like Gogi as a player. Gogi could have been part of this foundation for a long time. Good call.

[COLOR="Silver"]..........googling Gogi...........[/COLOR]

I'd rather take a 4th year player option on Dragic, than that 3rd year poison pill with Lin.

NBA rookie of the year

I think that Lin is awesome, but not for the Rockets and Morey and the Rockets seem to do the wrong stuff time after time.

I mean, they knew that they were going to have a damn young team and they knew that they needed leadership, why give Lin that task when the guy has played a total of 64 games instead of pretty experienced Lowry or Gogi who both were guys who are hitting their primes.

Anyway, I'll still root for my Rockets no matter what..

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I'd rather take a 4th year player option on Dragic, than that 3rd year poison pill with Lin.
    This is really irrelevant since the cap is spread at 8M a piece for Lin. Only the Knicks would have had suffered the true effects of the poison pill. Now, if the Rockets try to trade him that last year, then it might be a bit difficult since they still have to pay him as they wrote out the contract, which is 15M in the final year.

Daryl Morey is an awful general manager. So strange how people think he knows what he's doing.

NBA rookie of the year

This is really irrelevant since the cap is spread at 8M a piece for Lin. Only the Knicks would have had suffered the true effects of the poison pill. Now, if the Rockets try to trade him that last year, then it might be a bit difficult since they still have to pay him as they wrote out the contract, which is 15M in the final year.
    I don't understand that some people seem happy over that, a lot of things happens during 2 seasons and with some luck the team could turn to be a good one but if the unproven Lin doesn't live up to his expectations that will leave the Rockets in a mess..

Still bringing up Yao Ming, eh?

That was years ago. Time to move on. Get a star or GTFO.

The Rockets have had tons of assets for a long time now, and were never willing to part with them to score a star. They're too greedy and always overvalue their own players, so they never get anything done.

They could've just let Dragic leave and guarantee Lowry the starting job. No need no amnesty Scola.

just go back to your original colors, and everything will sort itself out.

Houston needs to stay lottery bound at least another year. Why stay in the middle of the pack? Lowry keeps them in the middle. They'll be bad enough that they could add some even better pieces to that squad next year. Good move.

You can't just look at the next day. You have to look years down the road. It's a good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Houston needs to stay lottery bound at least another year. Why stay in the middle of the pack? Lowry keeps them in the middle. They'll be bad enough that they could add some even better pieces to that squad next year. Good move.

You can't just look at the next day. You have to look years down the road. It's a good strategy.
    So you're saying keeping the young point guard on a great contract would keep you middle of the pack, but overpaying way more and longer for another young pg who is pretty much unproven save for a small sample size, will keep you at the bottom of the barrel? Is that the logic you just used?

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    So you're saying keeping the young point guard on a great contract would keep you middle of the pack, but overpaying way more and longer for another young pg who is pretty much unproven save for a small sample size, will keep you at the bottom of the barrel? Is that the logic you just used?
    I don't understand overpaying Lin. They should have traded Lowry for a first rounder. Lin sucks though. Maybe they think it's a great marketing ploy to keep fans interested while they get owned all year.

Rockets are building a nice core though. I like the Lamb pick. Give it another couple years.