Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: After 15 years, I've officially given up...

Houston Rockets! Not phenomenally successful, but with 2 titles, a bright future, and a pretty good management team, you won't regret choosing to support the Houston Rockets!

please be advised that venue, players, coaches, and fans, may be treated as assets and traded at any point in the season.

Dunking on everybody in the park

You can follow the Rockets....

They play a fast style and are entertaining to watch, plus it's always interesting with Lin, with his fans and haters. Then there's a super star in Harden who's quite good to watch.

Root for the Bucks!

Ive been a Sixers fan all of my basketball life but its tough to stay loyal now that they are never on national tv and I hardly watch them. I can watch streams on the web either because I just cant enjoy the low quality of it. Now I mostly just watch games for enjoyment and catch a Sixers game whenever I can.

But for your dilemma, this is prob a good time to jump on the Cavs bandwagon.

Being a fan of a team shouldn't be determined by if they are winning or not....all teams have up years and down years. Think about it, if in 2 years the Raptors explode and dominate the league, you will be kicking yourself and probably try to act like you never left

Spurs if you wanna watch winning

I myself root for players more than teams

What are some good options for life long support and dedication, especially in the East, where I could travel to see them 2-3 times a year?
    Denver Nuggets.

Watch out, though. I remember thinking this about the Wizards in 2007. I was gonna jump ship to the Blazers, because they were everything about the NBA I liked. Well-coached, humble, smart, unselfish, played hard. Brandon Roy and Greg Oden. What could possibly go wrong? I was even all set to go to college in Portland, in part because I'd have such a great team to watch every night.

Well we know what happened with Portland, don't we. Things always shift, and constantly disappoint. I think you'll find that you always care about the Raptors more than anyone else. I know I do about the Wizards, even though I have watched one game of them this season, and fewer than ten the last two years. Even though I currently live just south of Denver, and technically the Nuggets are my home team, and my favorite team right now besides. I'm still a Wizards fan. That may make me a tool (it's certainly something owners who don't care in the slightest about winning will take advantage of). But that's how it is. We're only human.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Join the Clipper bandwagon. Exciting, unselfish, and have a bright future. The media and most people hate them (they are just haters and prejudice, they can't stand to see a new team be good that was once bad for many years)..but hey it's awesome to root for the underdog. Players are likeable. Don't listen to the haters. Just watch the games.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Ive been a Sixers fan all of my basketball life but its tough to stay loyal now that they are never on national tv and I hardly watch them. I can watch streams on the web either because I just cant enjoy the low quality of it. Now I mostly just watch games for enjoyment and catch a Sixers game whenever I can.

But for your dilemma, this is prob a good time to jump on the Cavs bandwagon.
    For some odd reason, you remind me of adamcz

My original choice was gonna be Houston, young team with a great player in Harden, which the Raptors helped acquire, lots of cap space and a smart mgmt group....

In the East nothing really stands out besides the Cavs I guess, I really wanted to like Bk, a brand new team with ownership that doesn't give a fukk, but I just hate the players, Deron joe Johnson blahhh...

Gobb I know what you're saying and you're right I'm still gonna check up on the raps all the time, but I need to make the NBA fun again, I need to root for a team that can go places.

The raps will always be there for me, like an idiot child that you care for until you croak

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    On the Raptors. I've been a die hard since the age of 13 but this year Im just fed up with the mediocrity and complete lack of direction. I'm getting older and I've realized life is too short to be a fan of a losing, terribly managed franchise. I'm tired of the frustration, the disappointment, the offseason naive hope only to have it crushed 10 games into the new season.

So I have to find a new team to root for. I've rooted for the Raps because it was Canada's team and before the rise of the Internet, was the only team consistently being broadcast north of the border.

Now I travel alot, especially to Miami, but I cringe thinking of jumping ship to a team like Miami, thats seemingly untouchable these days. What are some good options for life long support and dedication, especially in the East, where I could travel to see them 2-3 times a year?
    You do know that it is possible to root for other players while still cheering for your home team? I agree that the past decade has been supremely mediocre and at this point I too am becoming frustrated with colangelo's band-aid solutions but at the same time, I can never see myself rooting for another team the way I rep the raptors.

However, that doesnt stop me from cheering on other teams in the playoffs and catching other players when they are in town. Are you saying that the only way you can enjoy the nba is if you are a die-hard fan who strictly supports only one team and its players?

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    You do know that it is possible to root for other players while still cheering for your home team? I agree that the past decade has been supremely mediocre and at this point I too am becoming frustrated with colangelo's band-aid solutions but at the same time, I can never see myself rooting for another team the way I rep the raptors.

However, that doesnt stop me from cheering on other teams in the playoffs and catching other players when they are in town. Are you saying that the only way you can enjoy the nba is if you are a die-hard fan who strictly supports only one team and its players?

The enjoyment I get when the raptors do well, is unlike anything else I experience from sports, and I bet pretty heavy at times. The frustrations are on similar level of magnitude. Therefore I would like to recreate that with a team that actually has a chance to do something. I want to follow every single offseason rumor, every rookie in summer league, etc. raps are already taking about two hours of my life a day, don't know if I can do that with two teams

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'm a Sixers fan so I've experienced more bad seasons than you have. From top to bottom (ownership, mgmt, coaching, players etc). Still a fan. Cant say I'm diehard at this point. The only time I cheered and followed another team was the Bulls dynasty. You should forever be a fan of the Craptors but following a second team isnt a sin unless its a rivalry or something along those lines where history doesnt allow it. Like I dont see how someone can like the Sixers and Celtics. A buddy follows OKC because he is a huge Durant fan and likes the makeup of the team.

So I say if you have favorite players you enjoy watching maybe follow their team. Maybe look for a less hyped team that solid like the Pacers. Real tough, physical bunch. Coached well. Teams like Lakers, Heat, Knicks should be

But you cant shake being a fan of the Craptors based on how you feel now. You'll find yourself going back to them. Just takes one big hit in the draft, free agency. I'm a Philly fan. Been waiting for a long time to see Sixers, Eagles celebrate a title here. More sports here, more disappointment. You just have the Craptors.
    you obviously dont know much about Toronto sports then

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    For some odd reason, you remind me of adamcz
    lol I'll take that as a compliment. adamcz was a good guy.

NBA rookie of the year

I've been a Knicks fan for longer than that. You just have to learn to root for something else in the playoffs. I used to like the Suns, but it that probably won't be an option for a while

Try the Bucks. It seems like they could use some fans.