Thread: Jimmy Butler

Default Jimmy Butler

Can't compliment this guy enough. It's obvious he worked on his game tons this past offseason. He put in a lot of work and it certainly shows in his game. He should definitely win Most Improved Player and he needs to be an All Star.

The Bulls need to pay this man and make sure he's a Bull for a long time.

Best two way guard in the league when you take everything into account.

Excited for this season.

Default Re: Jimmy Butler

I'm in love with Jimmy Butler's game. He's all over the floor, he's willing to work. The Bulls have to pay him whatever it takes, even if it means matching a max offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I'm in love with Jimmy Butler's game. He's all over the floor, he's willing to work. The Bulls have to pay him whatever it takes, even if it means matching a max offer.
    I have some idea of how the salary cap works, and that the Bulls are paying a ton of money to Rose and Noah etc.
    Does anyone know if they can offer another max contract to Butler and will they?
    If not, what are the alternatives?
    Trade Noah and keep Taj to play along side Pau=free up some money for Butler?
    I don't see the Bulls trading Rose, or finding any takers for him, unless he plays like an MVP in the playoffs. If that's the case, why trade him then?

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I have some idea of how the salary cap works, and that the Bulls are paying a ton of money to Rose and Noah etc.
    Does anyone know if they can offer another max contract to Butler and will they?
    If not, what are the alternatives?
    Trade Noah and keep Taj to play along side Pau=free up some money for Butler?
    I don't see the Bulls trading Rose, or finding any takers for him, unless he plays like an MVP in the playoffs. If that's the case, why trade him then?
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/CHI.html Basically next season without resigning Jimmy the Bulls are at the cap and need to resign Dunleavy, Brooks, a new backup center most likely, and then sign their draft pick who probably replaces one of those need to be resigned.

Something the Bulls have working for them. The cap is going up again anyway. Over the last two years it's went up 28%. (just under 50 to the over 63 it currently is) . The only question is how dramatic it'll be.

At worst it should just go up a few million which doesn't help the Bulls since obviously Jimmy is playing max contract level. But the new TV deal could cause a cap increase of $30 million next year. Yeah WAY more than a max deal. Where that gets tricky is the teams want to make sure that it happens more evenly over 2-3 years, but no progress has been made on that so far.

Something else though is Taj, Pau, and Mirotic are all on very very attractive deals and even just trading Mirotic (the cheapest paid) frees up 5.7 million in a straight up dump. 5.7+Jimmy's current 2 million (ignoring the Brooks/Dunleavy expirers because they'll be replaced by others with that money)+5 million in cap=12.7 million. Moore's million dollar contract can be waived after the season, that's 13.7 which is still a couple million shy. But that's just the conservative estimate. But odds are good the Bulls would match because there's still a few million difference between the salary cap and the luxury tax.

*The reason why I included Jimmy's 2 million is because we have his bird rights which mean we can go that much over the cap and still pay him without worrying, and because of the bird rights Jimmy can't leave unless the Bulls let him. Paid the tax last year so it's at least a possibility that Reinsdorf pays it again particularly with a contender.
    Last edited by Rose; 12-22-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks for that, Rose. When it comes to the NBA salary cap, I am so lost with the coming changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/CHI.html Basically next season without resigning Jimmy the Bulls are at the cap and need to resign Dunleavy, Brooks, a new backup center most likely, and then sign their draft pick who probably replaces one of those need to be resigned.

Something the Bulls have working for them. The cap is going up again anyway. Over the last two years it's went up 28%. (just under 50 to the over 63 it currently is) . The only question is how dramatic it'll be.

At worst it should just go up a few million which doesn't help the Bulls since obviously Jimmy is playing max contract level. But the new TV deal could cause a cap increase of $30 million next year. Yeah WAY more than a max deal. Where that gets tricky is the teams want to make sure that it happens more evenly over 2-3 years, but no progress has been made on that so far.

Something else though is Taj, Pau, and Mirotic are all on very very attractive deals and even just trading Mirotic (the cheapest paid) frees up 5.7 million in a straight up dump. 5.7+Jimmy's current 2 million (ignoring the Brooks/Dunleavy expirers because they'll be replaced by others with that money)+5 million in cap=12.7 million. Moore's million dollar contract can be waived after the season, that's 13.7 which is still a couple million shy. But that's just the conservative estimate. But odds are good the Bulls would match because there's still a few million difference between the salary cap and the luxury tax.

*The reason why I included Jimmy's 2 million is because we have his bird rights which mean we can go that much over the cap and still pay him without worrying, and because of the bird rights Jimmy can't leave unless the Bulls let him. Paid the tax last year so it's at least a possibility that Reinsdorf pays it again particularly with a contender.
    thanks for the info, but Im really confused on why are you are open in dumping Mirotic
    5.7 mil for a rookie who is really doing well doesn't make sense.
    I know Taj's ankle is a concern and I also like Noah but if worst comes to worst, I am more open to trading Noah and his 13.5 mil and keep Taj and his 8.5 plus Pau's 7.8 mil .

thanks for the info, but Im really confused on why are you are open in dumping Mirotic
    I know Taj's ankle is a concern and I also like Noah but if worst comes to worst, I am more open to trading Noah and his 13.5 mil and keep Taj and his 8.5 plus Pau's 7.8 mil .

If Mirotic is ever traded, I'll lose my shit.

You may even here me yell from all the way over here in Down Under.

We have some tough decisions ahead, how to keep our core guys together. Losing a Gibson or Noah will hurt our team more than just their production, they are the heart and soul of the team but if it's to keep Bulter I'd do it.

Butler and Mirotic should be seen as the future building blocks of the Bulls and should at all costs be kept here.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    If Mirotic is ever traded, I'll lose my shit.

You may even here me yell from all the way over here in Down Under.

We have some tough decisions ahead, how to keep our core guys together. Losing a Gibson or Noah will hurt our team more than just their production, they are the heart and soul of the team but if it's to keep Bulter I'd do it.

Butler and Mirotic should be seen as the future building blocks of the Bulls and should at all costs be kept here.
    Let me say again that I really like Noah but looking at the trend right now the past several years, the center position now have been somewhat marginalized mostly by the rules.
    The finalists of the last 5 years or so...OKC, Miami, Spurs don't have dominant centers. The ones that do, Charlotte, is really struggling right now.
    Brooklyn have a prolific one in Brook but his team is not doing well.
    Houston loses Dwight to injury, same with the Warriors and barely missed them.
    Most good teams right now are being lead by PGs and SGs, from the Warriors, Raptors, we could argue that Memphis relies heavily on Marc but most of their games in the clutch, it's Conley who makes the big plays while Randolph bullies his way inside.

I'm not. Just saying if it comes down to that those 3 are on great deals, and I would much rather give any of them up before Jimmy or Noah.
    Let me say again that I really like Noah but looking at the trend right now the past several years, the center position now have been somewhat marginalized mostly by the rules.
    The finalists of the last 5 years or so...OKC, Miami, Spurs don't have dominant centers. The ones that do, Charlotte, is really struggling right now.
    Brooklyn have a prolific one in Brook but his team is not doing well.
    Houston loses Dwight to injury, same with the Warriors and barely missed them.
    Most good teams right now are being lead by PGs and SGs, from the Warriors, Raptors, we could argue that Memphis relies heavily on Marc but most of their games in the clutch, it's Conley who makes the big plays while Randolph bullies his way inside.
    Something worth adding to that though is Perkins wasn't bad when he first arrived in OKC, or even really until maybe 2 years ago. Plus he fit that team really well. And in regards to a lot of the teams you listed their title chances basically all hinge on having their center healthy: SA-Timmy, GS-Bogut, Mem-Gasol, Raptors I would even say have a lot of their ultimate potential/ championship aspiration in Jonas being legit.
    Last edited by Rose; 12-23-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

MDJ is gone next year. Come bust or stud, the Bulls are going to bank on Dougie to be the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I'm not. Just saying if it comes down to that those 3 are on great deals, and I would much rather give any of them up before Jimmy or Noah.
    Something worth adding to that though is Perkins wasn't bad when he first arrived in OKC, or even really until maybe 2 years ago. Plus he fit that team really well. And in regards to a lot of the teams you listed their title chances basically all hinge on having their center healthy: SA-Timmy, GS-Bogut, Mem-Gasol, Raptors I would even say have a lot of their ultimate potential/ championship aspiration in Jonas being legit.
    The year that OKC went to the finals, Perkins averaged 5 pts, 6 rebs and a blocked shot. No I don't expect him to score many points but IMO, this guy is more respected bec he scowls a lot, showing that he is tough and ready to beat up anybody.
    I don't know man, but it seems like many teams now find centers that do ok enough for teams to compete. It's not the case anymore that you can NEVER WIN without a dominant center.
    Speights has stepped up, Adams of OKC, Robin Lopez of Portland, Gortat of Washington etc etc.
    These teams are thriving without dominant/prolific centers.
    While teams with really good ones have struggled. Charlotte, Nets, Detroit etc. Im not saying centers are worthless but it just seemed like having a great PG and/or wingmen have more impact.

Butler is showing extreme confidence level in the recent games , game after game . The pelicans game saw Butler scoring 33 points or so , soon he'll be getting to 40 . By God , that man is turning to beast mode !!