Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Cleveland 'Come Home LeBron rally with James' free agency approaching

Well, with James' free agency approaching this summer, the people of Cleveland would like for James to forget all of that and return to his home state.

The "Come Home LeBron" rally will take place when the Miami Heat visit the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday and another will be organized for the Heat's March visit, according to the Akron Beacon Journal.

To gather supporters, the rally organizers will pass out 2,000 T-shirts and any fan who takes a picture in the shirt and tweets @comehomelebron will be eligible to win 2014-15 Cavaliers season tickets.

Another phase of the "Come Home LeBron" campaign will come in the form of billboards around the city, one near James' alma mater St. Vincent-St. Mary High School and another on Interstate 71.

At this point, some three years and two titles removed, it's unlikely that James loses any sleep over fans burning his jerseys in the streets of Cleveland. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten it, though.

And, to be fair, not every Cavaliers fan railed against James, but there was frustration throughout the city and some left over resentment still exists. Now, if he were to decide to return to Cleveland, that would all go away in a heart beat.

But what is there in Cleveland from a basketball standpoint to lure James back? Kyrie Irving is an All-Star guard, but he has his faults, as do all players. Every other player on that roster is exponentially more flawed than Irving, and team chemistry could also be an issue with reports of a players-only meeting gone awry hitting the Internet not long ago.

You have to appreciate the effort of fans, though this probably isn't a fight worth fighting.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...ing-mike-brown

Default Re: Cleveland 'Come Home LeBron rally with James' free agency approaching

This is embarrassing.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Cleveland 'Come Home LeBron rally with James' free agency approaching

Banned

This would be one of the most pathetic things ever done by a fanbase, however, I think they get a pass because let's not act like every other fanbase wouldn't do the same.

Banned

Not a good look at all.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Lmfao but at the same time Lebron has the ability to change up any franchise, so I guess fanbases are gonna get a little desperate.

Lol why would LeBron want to play with Marbury 2.0?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DropStep
    Lmfao but at the same time Lebron has the ability to change up any franchise, so I guess fanbases are gonna get a little desperate.
    Why would he ever go back to Cleveland, though? How deluded do you have to be to think there is even a remote chance of it happening?

Lakers 2014
    Cleveland get ready to burn more tshirts

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Why would he ever go back to Cleveland, though? How deluded do you have to be to think there is even a remote chance of it happening?
    This. I can't think of a single reason to leave Miami for Cleveland..

Local High School Star

They Need A Leader To Led,and James Is Not The Answers,cause He Never Been A Leader

I'm embarrassed to be from around the Cleveland area. Shameful.

NBA rookie of the year

LeBron is already home. Right in Coral Gables.

They burn his jerseys, boo him and claim they will a title before him, and when he does they want him back? Pathetic. If I was a Cleveland fan I'll be ashamed of the management and the city