Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nets 2014-2015 Game Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    I love it. When has Joe ever called out anyone in his career? I can't remember a single time he's been this vocal. I think he's stepping up to be more of a vocal leader, something we need (KGs great but we can't have him being the only guy). I don't think it'll break this team, in fact I think it'll help us. We're 4-2 and it's great to see that guys aren't satisfied with the record. I know last year and the year before that we would have just said "a win is a win" and moved on but guys are hungrier this year. To be honest we should have been 6-0 or 5-1 at least because we didn't face any playoff teams. It's just great to see Joe isn't satisfied with that.

Also I don't think he was talking about Deron. It was probably the bench. Mason has been a lot more aggressive this season looking for his shot which has been kind of frustrating. He had 3 or 4 oppourtunites to kick it out to a wing player for a wide open 3 yesterday but decided to shoot a contested layup with 3 players surrounding him. Jack has also been lack luster and Mirza took some low percentage shots too.
    It's not the bench. It's Deron and Brook and Jack and the euros. People are playing very well offensively. Individually. Do you know Lopez has 1 assist in the last 4 games, something ridiculous like that. He doesn't get hockey assists either, he doesn't pass.

If there's a problem, him speaking about it is worlds better than him just sitting on it and letting it fester. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It's not the bench. It's Deron and Brook and Jack and the euros. People are playing very well offensively. Individually. Do you know Lopez has 1 assist in the last 4 games, something ridiculous like that. He doesn't get hockey assists either, he doesn't pass.

If there's a problem, him speaking about it is worlds better than him just sitting on it and letting it fester. IMO.
    How exactly do you know this? Deron has not stopped the ball or taken forced shots at all this season. I don't know why Joe would be calling him selfish.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

horrible loss. defense was crap in the second half. nets are so widely inconsistent that it hurts my brain and leaves me wondering why and how they can be so inconsistent. they played like the dream team in the first quarter, superb in the second quarter and then went to an anemic style of play in the second half. it all starts with defense. this entire league is predicated on defense. the nets played none in the second half and it allowed them to relinquish a 19 point lead. it's only going to go downhill from here.

How exactly do you know this? Deron has not stopped the ball or taken forced shots at all this season. I don't know why Joe would be calling him selfish.
    Because he wasn't. Most likely Lopez.

That loss last night was horrible. I mean I saw the whole first half and was very pleased. Only got to watch bits and pieces of the 2nd half. So I don't know what exactly happened... But it looks bad when the nets were up by 19. So I can only imagine.

Edit/also:
    To everyone:
    thanks for all of your analysis and thoughts! Glad we can all interact and accept each-others opinions! Makes us one of the better forums here :) -GO NETS :)
    Last edited by Nets fan 93; 11-13-2014 at 02:58 PM.

The offense was a thing of beauty in the first half. Everyone was unselfish, looking for the extra pass and hitting the open looks. The second half was the complete opposite. I don't know what happened but suddenly it became a 1 on 1 fest where they gave the ball to Joe and got out the way.

Also Jarrett Jack was awful. I miss Shaun Livingston.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    To everyone:
    thanks for all of your analysis and thoughts! Glad we can all interact and accept each-others opinions! Makes us one of the better forums here :) -GO NETS :)

we're a small but quality group, i guess. and the nets fans who come through here and and are all "rah rah rah go nets, knicks suck! etc etc" don't seem to last very long.

Can someone tell me why Deron is playing off ball these last 2 games after dominating last week when he was the primary ball handler?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes

we're a small but quality group, i guess. and the nets fans who come through here and and are all "rah rah rah go nets, knicks suck! etc etc" don't seem to last very long.
    Very true! I prefer it like that though.

Can someone tell me why Deron is playing off ball these last 2 games after dominating last week when he was the primary ball handler?
    He was doing it a lot in the pre season as well. I'm not quite sure.

I am very disappointed in Lopez this season. His first season in Brooklyn he took a huge stride. Last season he was ballin with the best of them on both sides (besides rebounding) this year he looks very slow and can be sort of a liability on both ends. I have never really seen Lopez start off this poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Very true! I prefer it like that though.

He was doing it a lot in the pre season as well. I'm not quite sure.

I am very disappointed in Lopez this season. His first season in Brooklyn he took a huge stride. Last season he was ballin with the best of them on both sides (besides rebounding) this year he looks very slow and can be sort of a liability on both ends. I have never really seen Lopez start off this poorly.
    Give him time. He's essentially been told to walk differently. It must be awkward

   

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Give him time. He's essentially been told to walk differently. It must be awkward
    exactly. i can't imagine how weird it must be to be so tall and heavy that you have to be careful how to use your feet... not only that, but to do it playing a hyper-athletic sport like bball.

i'm still bummed that yao ming lost so much of his career to this stuff. IMO he was a legit competitor to howard for #1 center.

Man I hope all it is, is a time issue.

So Nicolas Batum and Lamarcus Aldridge are out tonight. I hope the nets can take advantage

   

welp, that road trip sucked.

Another loss to an undermanned team. Maybe Joe's comments messed up the locker room after all.

All these teams playing under-manned and beating us sucks....

Like a lot of Nets fans... I'll be attending the game against Milwaukee tonight. Wish the nets some luck. Milwaukee kinda choked at the end Against the Knicks last night but still won. They were up by 18-20.... They're a young athletic team.
    Last edited by Nets fan 93; 11-19-2014 at 01:01 PM.