Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: What's gong on with Rubio?

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Yeah, Sada was playing as much minutes as him for Barcelona.
    Even more in many games and, IMHO, doing much better than Ricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    II swear you just find a reason to hate the kid
    This is why 10-year olds should not be allowed to post. Asking questions about a player has nothing to do with "hating".

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertyazerty
    Even more in many games and, IMHO, doing much better than Ricky.
    Agreed.

[QUOTE=Qwertyazerty]And if you don't know anything about ACB why are you using it as an argument

he's just a turrible shooter - always has been, always will be
    The sooner his fans and media accept this fact ands learn to appreciate his other assets, the better. Actually NBA style is much more suitable to him, since the pace is much faster and there is more spacing for him to throw his fancy passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    This is why 10-year olds should not be allowed to post. Asking questions about a player has nothing to do with "hating".

But making a statement "My guess he won't be starting for long" when he's top 2 in steals and top 5 in assist isn't hating?

You're reaching obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    But making a statement "My guess he won't be starting for long" when he's top 2 in steals and top 5 in assist isn't hating?

You're reaching obviously.
    What I said was, "I'm guessing he won't be starting much longer if this trend keeps up". I posted that because I've noticed that Adelman has sometimes kept him on the bench down the stretch, when previously he had been closing out every game.

Lousy shooting from your lead guard hurts the team, even when he can compensate by doing other things. When you're statistically at the bottom of the list in shooting among guards, that's not good.

I'm not hoping that he loses his starting job, but just speculating that the coach can't like the bad shooting, and might do something to shake things up -- particularly if the Wolves go on a losing streak. I also added the caveat "if this trend keeps up". For his sake, I hope he can reverse it.
    Last edited by Shepseskaf; 03-01-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Decent playground baller

Minessota were the worst team of the NBA during last season. They had a record of 17-65.

Today there record is 18-18. And Rubio is a huge reason.

Rubio always makes their teams better. You can see his team accoldades during all over his career and they are just impressive.

Every team Rubio arrives, improves massively.

Basketball is much more than individual stats. Rubio's impact in Minessota is enormous. He has changed the Franchise's fate. I cant remember any rookie having such an impact in their first season in the NBA. And I dont refer to an individual stat-line impact. Im refferring to a global impact.

Take Rubio out of Minessota and they are a 23-25 win team at most
    Last edited by Hyman; 03-01-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Banned

he s afraid of the big black players...

Decent college freshman

You should probably watch the games instead of just looking at the statline. He sets up the offense to perfection, gets the ball to players where they like it and doesn't take bad shots. Defensively he is excellent also and he is a good rebounder. His shot isn't good, but when he is set he is pretty much money. He contributes in almost every other way and makes everyone around him better, I don't care if he scores 0 points every game as long as he keeps doing the other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    he s afraid of the big black players...
    Yup, I'm sure that's the real reason.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I admit to not being an expert in European ball. From my vantage point, though, virtually every euro guard that's come over to the NBA has been a good shooter. I can't think of any who are as bad as Rubio.

So, I'm just asking questions because there's some information that I want to know.

Examples:

Calder

Dunking on everybody in the park Alan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    You should probably watch the games instead of just looking at the statline. He sets up the offense to perfection, gets the ball to players where they like it and doesn't take bad shots. Defensively he is excellent also and he is a good rebounder. His shot isn't good, but when he is set he is pretty much money. He contributes in almost every other way and makes everyone around him better, I don't care if he scores 0 points every game as long as he keeps doing the other things.
    I have watched basically every Wolves' game this season and I can't agree with the bolded part of your post.

He's tired and still learning how to play in NBA.

Rubio had european seasons with 60 games in 8 months, playing 22mpg most of the times with a big trip every 2 weeks.

Now:

Rubio already played 36 games in 2 months, playing 34mpg most of the times with big trips every week. And he's playing with a 50x more faster pace on the game against the best athletes in the world, specially in his position.

Points are up, assists are up, steals are up .. he's doing fine for a rookie but sure he's going to have some bad stretches in this compressed season.

NBA lottery pick

He shoots 2/8, 1/9, 3/12 every damn game.

34% for the season. And that isn't even including 3's.