Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Default GT: OKC Thunder (41-30) @ San Antonio Spurs (44-26) on ESPN 9:30 EST

Russell Westbrook and Enes Kanter are helping the Oklahoma City Thunder strengthen their hold on the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

Facing the San Antonio Spurs could keep the Thunder rolling.

Westbrook and Kanter look to continue their superb play Wednesday night when Oklahoma City attempts to tie its longest winning streak against the Spurs.

The Thunder (41-30) are eighth in the West and have moved three games ahead of ninth-place Phoenix behind four straight wins and six in the past seven.

Westbrook has been a force for all season for Oklahoma City, and is getting ample help from Kanter lately.

Westbrook is a top contender for MVP, leading the league with 27.5 points per game. His importance to the Thunder has been obvious with reigning league MVP Kevin Durant (foot) out indefinitely, averaging 32.7 points, 11.2 assists and 9.6 rebounds over the last 13 games.

Despite the recent success in the face of injuries to Durant, as well as starters Serge Ibaka, Andre Roberson and key reserve Nick Collison, Westbrook downplayed the idea that the Thunder are getting comfortable playing without their superstar.

''You can never get used to playing without one of the best players in the world,'' Westbrook said of Durant. ''But our job is to come out and compete every night at a high level."

Kanter, who was acquired in a trade from Utah last month, has proven to be a huge addition. Over his last eight games, he's scoring 21.6 points on 58.7 percent shooting and pulling down 12.6 boards.

They were both impressive in Tuesday's 127-117 win over the Los Angeles Lakers. Westbrook had 27 points and 11 assists, while Kanter had a double-double in the first quarter before finishing with 25 points and 16 rebounds.

The center was a big reason why the Thunder had a 66-58 scoring advantage in the paint and a 49-28 edge on the glass.

"We did a good job of just staying in attack mode and finishing well in the paint," Westbrook said. "(Kanter) did a good job of being aggressive. Enes has good touch, especially around the paint and you are seeing that early."

Another strong performance from the duo could be just what Oklahoma City needs to beat San Antonio (44-26) for a seventh straight matchup, tying its longest winning streak in the series set as the Seattle SuperSonics from April 19, 1993-Nov. 30, 1994.

Westbrook is averaging 30.7 points in his last three meetings with the Spurs, scoring 34 with 11 assists, five rebounds and as many steals in a 114-106 road win on Christmas.

Kanter will face the Spurs for the first time since joining the Thunder after he averaged 12.3 points and 9.8 rebounds in his last four matchups with Utah.
    I'm curious to see how our front line will play against the Spurs tonight. Will they continue to dominate in the paint or get dominated? Can't wait to find out...

Default Re: GT: OKC Thunder (41-30) @ San Antonio Spurs (44-26) on ESPN 9:30 EST

Please reference that quote.

Default Re: GT: OKC Thunder (41-30) @ San Antonio Spurs (44-26) on ESPN 9:30 EST

i'd like the Thunder's chances better if they were at home. I don't think they win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Please reference that quote.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametra...0150325_OKC@SA

I think we get blown out in this one, after that loss vs Dallas yesterday Pop is gonna get them motivated for their own home court. Spurs are 26-8 at home, their last loss outside that crazy Cavs overtime game was in January 31 to the Clippers.

Can't see a way for Thunder to win. Expecting an off Westbrook game, after he finally shot over 50% last night for the first time in 6 months. Hopefully it's a close game, don't like blowouts. I'm thinking it will be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Can't see a way for Thunder to win. Expecting an off Westbrook game, after he finally shot over 50% last night for the first time in 6 months. Hopefully it's a close game, don't like blowouts. I'm thinking it will be a good game.
    Really? 6 months? Dude truly doesn't give a ****.

edit: Nvm last time was a month ago vs Denver.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

Feb 22nd.

The last Thunder/Spurs game was incredible with everybody ganging up on ninephive and his Parker love.

Spurs probably take this.

Stupid tornadoes tearing up my state right now.

Fvck this shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    Stupid tornadoes tearing up my state right now.

Fvck this shit!
    That's what you get for living in Oklahoma.

Stay safe though.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    That's what you get for living in Oklahoma.

Stay safe though.
    Well, I'm safe and my house is still in one piece. I hope the other ISH posters that live in this area are safe as well.

The game started wtf, 45 minutes early.

Banned

Waiters is painful to watch. Especially when Westbrook makes a tougher bucket on the next possession.

Banned

Even his passing is bad. A simple bounce pass looked horrible.