Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default BallStreams vs. LeaguePass

Let's talk about these two services. What do you guys use, and why?

I'm currently using BallStreams, which is $100 for a year. You can freeze your account any time, say you want to put your account on hold for the playoffs since all the games are on national TV... you can do that.

I have been considering switching to League Pass and wanted to get some opinions. The main reasons I'm considering a switch are:

-Choppiness on the "On Demand" streams. Live streams run silky smooth, but watching a game after it has aired always seems very choppy
    -Does not work on a Mobile LTE connection due to the IP's constantly changing on my cell service (Might not apply to all cellphone cervices. I have AT&T through Straight Talk)
    -No option to listen to the game audio only when in the car (League Pass appears to have this)
    -Chromecast streams are about 2-3 minutes behind, although I'm not sure if League Pass even uses Chromecast anyway

I'm curious to see if you guys think League Pass is worth the extra cost. Looking at the page for League Pass, it says "Watch all 30 teams one payment of $99" I'm guessing that lasts through the playoffs? Does anyone know the pricing of a full season + playoffs with league pass?

Default Re: BallStreams vs. LeaguePass

nba streams
    kebabstall
    vipbox
    firstrowsports

I think you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    nba streams
    kebabstall
    vipbox
    firstrowsports

I think you get the idea.
    Do any of these services offer on demand streams after the games have aired?

I've tried a couple of those sites.

Honestly, reddit streams/firstrow are just annoying as hell to use on a phone becuase of all the ads that pop up. The quality is pretty good on reddit (anotherduck) but firstrow is horrid, and the amount of shit you have to click through to watch is not worth it on a mobile phone in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Do any of these services offer on demand streams after the games have aired?

I've tried a couple of those sites.

Honestly, reddit streams/firstrow are just annoying as hell to use on a phone becuase of all the ads that pop up. The quality is pretty good on reddit (anotherduck) but firstrow is horrid, and the amount of shit you have to click through to watch is not worth it on a mobile phone in the car.
    I dont think so. Well they do, but you wont know it until after the game and it's repeating sometimes.

Cant argue with that. But they are free and I only watch games on a computer.
    From what i've seen/heard bballstreams is better than leaguepass though.

Kobelicious

is this thread supposed to be another attack to poor 20four

I'm an International League Pass user and I love it.

However, I heard there's a huge difference between ILP (great) and the American version (terrible).

I tried BallStreams and the games took too long to load, and the sound quality was pretty poor imo. Plus, I felt better giving the NBA some money instead of what is essentially an illegal service (not that I have a problem with others doing it).

I don't get blackouts either and I think the US version of League Pass does, so that's something you need to consider if you don't have ABC/TNT.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Does League Pass have a playoffs subscription like ballstream does?

I run League Pass through Xbox One and its awesome.
    Ran it through apple tv before xbone, was also awesome.

Stream is obvs quality, the replay games are always perfect, runs on any android/apple, just easy and never anything to worry about, worth every cent.

PS. Its international LP.
    Is there actually a difference apart from the odd black out game?
    Last edited by Spurs m8; 03-16-2015 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    I run League Pass through Xbox One and its awesome.
    Ran it through apple tv before xbone, was also awesome.

Stream is obvs quality, the replay games are always perfect, runs on any android/apple, just easy and never anything to worry about, worth every cent.
    I heard someone mention something about blackouts during nationally televised games. What's the deal with that?

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I heard someone mention something about blackouts during nationally televised games. What's the deal with that?
    I think some local games have black outs in the US.

But yeah, being in Oz theres no black outs, i've never not been able to watch a game.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

ILP user here and I love it - but I haven't tried Ballstreams. Use my iPad mostly and when ps4 compatibility comes (Sony?!) I'll run it through that too. Costly but def worth it, especially as it gets harder and harder to stay up til 3am to watch the East coast games

I have both. I'd been a International League Pass subscriber for several years, then I tried to save some money and I bought Ballstreams.

Ballstreams is great for live games, however their on-demand is so unreliable that I've gone ahead and put my account on freeze and just bought International League Pass again.

I've had ballstreams all season and it's amazing. I didn't know I could freeze my account though, I should do that. League pass blacks out all local games (Raptors for me) which is complete crap. Also, it's only 30fps and looks 1080i at best. Ballstreams is 60fps and a true 1080p. The difference is very noticeable. League pass looks like choppy youtube clips.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Is it me or does new Android app for ballstreams really sucks? Previous version was amazing, kicking out was very rare, and on this new version every other game has issues,every time I press return to exit particular game app crashes,just trash so far.

Anyway about topic I was LP user for year( international one) and I'm now using Ballstreams for year and a half, for live games Ballstreams is much better( especially as runs during timeouts/breaks what TV broadcaster have so commercials,pre game shows etc, unlike LP which had that retarded music,same 3 video clips which were on 100 times during the game, I swear if I hear one more time Bird stole the ball I will kill myself) but like others said their on demand sucks which is really starting to piss me off.

Nah LP have cleaned up their commercials this year, its mainly highlights and its extremely up to date, sometimes from games the day before, and its constantly updated too.
    That part of it used to be horrendous.

I notice a fair few games too, don't cut to commercials and stay in the Arena.

It also doesn't look like choppy youtube clips, whoever had that problem was doing it wrong.