Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    코비=GOAT

Default Re: NBA League Pass Broadband

Are they not offering it right now? I tried buying it yesterday, but I keep getting this error. Do they show preseason games?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    well, it's a stream, not a download... so if you want to record it, you can set your video capture software to make it whatever size you want.
    A stream is a download, just a temporary one. It still uses your bandwidth.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    Are they not offering it right now? I tried buying it yesterday, but I keep getting this error. Do they show preseason games?
    Its just not available yet. Just sign up for the email notice and when its ready for purschase they'll let you know. Ive been checking my email everyday so I can buy it.

The blackout thing is dumb. I live all the way out in Vancouver, BC but I can't even watch any raptor games if I had league pass broadband.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe681
    Its just not available yet. Just sign up for the email notice and when its ready for purschase they'll let you know. Ive been checking my email everyday so I can buy it.
    ok thanks.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beebo
    The blackout thing is dumb. I live all the way out in Vancouver, BC but I can't even watch any raptor games if I had league pass broadband.
    You don't get them on tv?

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    You don't get them on tv?
    I don't have the channels. So I gotta rely on torrents and online streams.

Bucks fan

I hope NBA steps up to the plate and matches what MLB has been doing. We need an iPhone app to stream games, and also acces through tv set top devices like the roku thing and the appletv. Xbox access would be nice too.

Quality last year was watchable, but they really should be able to bump that up.

Magic Johnson

Here's a question that I'm dying to know. I am in college, and I'm currently living in the residence halls. Is it possible to buy league pass at my home (which is in the same state) and then watch the games broadband at the residence hall? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Here's a question that I'm dying to know. I am in college, and I'm currently living in the residence halls. Is it possible to buy league pass at my home (which is in the same state) and then watch the games broadband at the residence hall? Thanks in advance.
    Yeah man, when you sign up for broadband, its your NBA insider account that gets signed up, not your IP. So you can log in from ANYWHERE and watch em. Be it your residence hall or Hillary Clinton's cunt.

   

Quote Originally Posted by arkain
    A stream is a download, just a temporary one. It still uses your bandwidth.
    of course it still uses bandwidth, but that wasn't the guy's question.

also, i disagree about a stream being a download. it's not the same thing as a cached whole file, for example, which you can extract from places like youtube with a browser extension. with long streams like the NBA serves, the same block of memory gets over-written every minute or two, so there's no download file to salvage other than perhaps a 1-2 minute fragment AFAIK.

this is why people use things like fraps or camstudio to archive the games and then share them as torrents.

i think the league pass is better, i mean im only paying $140 bucks for all year and the playoff, i can watch any team i want (lakers, cavs, celts) .Im usually at work when the game starts so i hit record on my DVR, and i like to watch on the flat screen rather than a PC monitor(i also tried to watch a live stream of an NBA game and hook up my PC to my TV and the quality was really crappy, since i get HD from direct tv, i notice the difference). I think if you have the cash its worth it, if not i wouldn't mind broadband.Haven't had a blackout for the last 2 seasons

Serious playground baller

Its on sale now.

5 payments of $29.99 or 1 of $134.99

You also have the option to follow only 7 teams throughout the season for just $89.95

Honestly, for 135, i think I might as well get NBA league pass from my cable company. It includes the broadband account as well.... I think its 189 right now.

Edit: its actually only $170 with Time Warner.
    Last edited by Kobe681; 10-14-2009 at 10:12 PM.

So I just ordered the choice one as well. Where do you go to pick your 7 teams or whatever?

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Just ordered mine