Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 07-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #31
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Default Re: Artest to Knicks heating up?

The Bee:

"Bibby has a player option after the 2007-08 season, giving him the chance to become an unrestricted free agent next summer and turn down the final year of his deal worth $14.5 million."

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/256061.html
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #32
dleave
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
The Bee:

"Bibby has a player option after the 2007-08 season, giving him the chance to become an unrestricted free agent next summer and turn down the final year of his deal worth $14.5 million."

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/256061.html

Awesome, thanks man.
dleave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:23 AM   #33
BradMiller52
Kings fan

What the hell:

Quote:
Artest says it looks as if trade won't happen
By Sam Amick - Bee Staff Writer
Published 12:00 am PDT Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Story appeared in SPORTS section, Page C1

Print | E-Mail | Comments (0)| Digg it | del.icio.us

Ron Artest has said he would like to retire with Indiana and the Kings. He also said he was flattered by trade speculation he'd return home to play in New York.
Sacramento Bee/Carl Costas

LAS VEGAS -- Ron Artest sat courtside at UNLV's Cox Pavilion on Tuesday, surrounded by his children and worried about matters far more vital than the latest trade rumor.

The Kings small forward fetched popcorn for his 3-year-old daughter, Diamond, just before the Kings took on Washington in summer-league play. Ron III, 8, finished the snack run with ice creams for Sade', 10, and Jeron, 6. And while juggling daddy duty with a discussion on his seemingly unsure hoops future, Artest managed to speak in ways both contradictory and curious as only he can.

Amid numerous reports from the New York media regarding a possible trade landing Artest with his hometown Knicks, Artest has done little to stop the chatter. In separate interviews this summer, he has said he wants to retire with the Indiana Pacers and the Kings, while his brother and Kings summer-league player, Daniel, was quoted as saying Ron would rather be in New York above all.

Artest told ESPN.com on Monday that he would not exercise the early termination option on his contract next offseason, something widely believed he would do. But in an interview with The Bee on Tuesday, Artest said he will let the season unfold before deciding.

"I'll do whatever my agent (Mark Stevens) wants, really," Artest said. "I mean I like it (in Sacramento), you know, but who knows. ... I'm not going to put myself in a position where I say, 'Yeah, I want to stay here (in Sacramento) all the time.' I trust (my agent)."

If Artest doesn't exercise the option, he will receive $8.45 million in the 2008-09 season.

"The thing about it is that $8 million is a lot of money, so I'm not going to worry about it, and I just want to play ball," he said. "I don't have to think about opting out. ... There's a big difference between $8 million and (potentially earning) $15 million, but they're both a lot of money, so it ain't nothing to worry about. All I've got to worry about is playing ball."

Stevens said Artest's happiness will play the largest part.

"It has always been my opinion that Ron has been underpaid and is underpaid, but that's not something I can blame Sacramento for because that's a contract that he signed with Indiana," Stevens said. "If Ron feels uncomfortable at the end of the year with his salary, and he feels that he should have more pay, then we'll deal with that. If he's happy, then we stay in the contract."
Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie told the New York Post on Monday that "Ron is going to be a King," and he denied reports claiming there have been substantive discussions with the Knicks regarding an Artest trade. Petrie did not return a call from The Bee, but Stevens said he doesn't "believe there is any validity to (the rumors) whatsoever."

And though Artest told the Post that Petrie had told him he would not be traded, the player hedged one day later.

"If (Shaquille O'Neal) can get run out from L.A., I can get out of Sacramento," he said. "Geoff is an honest dude. He lets you know there's a chance that things could happen, that I could get traded, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen."

As has always been the case when Artest's name is linked to the Knicks, he was flattered to be wanted in his hometown.

"All the people (in New York) want (the trade)," said Artest, who grew up in Queensbridge, N.Y., and attended St. John's. "It's been eight years (since he left the area) already, and it's always like, 'When's Ron coming back?' That makes me feel good."

Kings shooting guard Kevin Martin said he hopes Artest stays put.

"I love playing with Ron," Martin said. "When he came to the team, I felt like my game went to a new level, and it was because he was right beside me."

Asked about poor on-floor chemistry last season, Martin said it will only improve if Artest stays.

"I was just coming up, and we just had to get used to each other," he said. "People say how I was scoring so many more points when Ron wasn't in the game, but that's going to happen. I averaged more when Bonzi (Wells) was out (in the 2005-06 season), too."

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/266865.html
Old 07-11-2007, 04:49 AM   #34
Admiral
Good High School Starter

dammit artest needs to pull his head out and stop jerkin the fans around. Maybe now Geoff should just trade the hell out of him because he's too unstable...i wouldn't mind keeping him if he could just play ball as he is so concerned with doing. stop bein a jackass
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #35
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
dammit artest needs to pull his head out and stop jerkin the fans around. Maybe now Geoff should just trade the hell out of him because he's too unstable...i wouldn't mind keeping him if he could just play ball as he is so concerned with doing. stop bein a jackass
imo its not that... he just is trying to make EVERYONE happy...i believe thats his motive behind all this talk....he wants to make knicks happy..(with all the trade talk) and he wants to make the kings (geoff) happy!

but in reality he is jus making things kind of worst....i really wanna keep ron tho he is a hell of a player and he really has the POTENTIAL to be a franchise player imo or atleast a 2nd option... but I just hope Knicks wanna give up Lee for him because we could really use some help in our front court!!

plus Cisco is looking beastly now and the guy believes the rim is a big ocean now because everything he throws up almost completely never misses the rim and he is becoming a wonderfull defender
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #36
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

I think it's safe to say that Ron is the Manny Ramirez of the NBA. When you read stuff like today's column, it's just a case of Ron being Ron. Manny has changed his mind about staying with the Red Sox again and again and again.

But hey, the Red Sox won a World Series and Manny's still with the team so who knows?

My gut says that Ron will change his mind on a regular basis but will stay with the Kings and be productive for at least half a season. It may even be another All-Star year for him. Who knows?
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #37
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

NY media is STILL pushing for this trade, I just read another article from this morning saying he's going to NY. You never hear this much buzz with a Petrie move, I doubt he's going anywhere.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #38
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYBOY
NY media is STILL pushing for this trade, I just read another article from this morning saying he's going to NY. You never hear this much buzz with a Petrie move, I doubt he's going anywhere.
Yeah, i think I read it too on the front page of REALGM. Its just a stupid story by some worthless writer trying to generate buzz. Jeff doesn't waste his time doing stuff like that.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:30 AM   #39
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
imo its not that... he just is trying to make EVERYONE happy...i believe thats his motive behind all this talk....he wants to make knicks happy..(with all the trade talk) and he wants to make the kings (geoff) happy!

but in reality he is jus making things kind of worst....i really wanna keep ron tho he is a hell of a player and he really has the POTENTIAL to be a franchise player imo or atleast a 2nd option... but I just hope Knicks wanna give up Lee for him because we could really use some help in our front court!!

plus Cisco is looking beastly now and the guy believes the rim is a big ocean now because everything he throws up almost completely never misses the rim and he is becoming a wonderfull defender

i guess i understand trying to keep everyone happy, lord knows i've done it enough myself...but then, i've never had to deal with the extent of loyalty issues that many fans demand of a player. he could have taken the route of "whatever happens, happens" route to keep everyone at least quiet, if not happy...you dont have to say "i would love to retire a king" and "i would love to play for the knicks" both publicly when the outcome of your situation is so up in the air...just play it neutral or you run the risk of UPSETTING both sides rather than keeping them happy...i just think he needs to shut up until things are decided for sure for him.

i will find it hard to cheer for him as a king if he keeps up with the un-sure comments about "just wanting to play basketball" but then being team specific about where... he totally is a great player that i would love to become normal on the kings, but he really needs to think through what he says a little bit further
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:15 AM   #40
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
i guess i understand trying to keep everyone happy, lord knows i've done it enough myself...but then, i've never had to deal with the extent of loyalty issues that many fans demand of a player. he could have taken the route of "whatever happens, happens" route to keep everyone at least quiet, if not happy...you dont have to say "i would love to retire a king" and "i would love to play for the knicks" both publicly when the outcome of your situation is so up in the air...just play it neutral or you run the risk of UPSETTING both sides rather than keeping them happy...i just think he needs to shut up until things are decided for sure for him.

i will find it hard to cheer for him as a king if he keeps up with the un-sure comments about "just wanting to play basketball" but then being team specific about where... he totally is a great player that i would love to become normal on the kings, but he really needs to think through what he says a little bit further

He needs to improve these 2 things to reach his full potential IMO:

Shot selection
Thought selection(which stuff he thinks that he actually says and the stuff he decides to not say)

unfortunately that will never happen and he'll be a moron forever. I just want us to trade him right now.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:17 PM   #41
dleave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
He needs to improve these 2 things to reach his full potential IMO:

Shot selection
Thought selection(which stuff he thinks that he actually says and the stuff he decides to not say)

unfortunately that will never happen and he'll be a moron forever. I just want us to trade him right now.

He's basically a 7mil expiring though!
Old 07-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #42
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleave
He's basically a 7mil expiring though!

True. I dunno, if he can help us get rid of Kenny+get a draft pick back for more expirings than I'd deal him but if not we might as well keep him and maybe Mike, see what happens.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #43
DEBORAH
Not airballing my layups anymore

Exclamation Re: Artest to Knicks heating up?

Unless PETRIE was not telling the truth, ARTEST is here to stay, he said there is no trade. Just maybe the new coach will be able to sit down with him and explain what he needs to do ( during game) and what he does not need to do and if he does not cooperate, he will be pulled.

DEBORAH
DEBORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #44
dleave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBORAH
Unless PETRIE was not telling the truth, ARTEST is here to stay, he said there is no trade. Just maybe the new coach will be able to sit down with him and explain what he needs to do ( during game) and what he does not need to do and if he does not cooperate, he will be pulled.

DEBORAH

I think the situation is more like Petrie's not calling teams up trying to give Artest away, but if someone calls him with the right offer, he'll be gone.

I would just love to see Brand in a Kings uniform and I don't think that even has a shot at happening unless we keep Artest and he opts out and we get his 7 mil. Brand has a lot of those same characteristics that helped Webber thrive in this offense.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #45
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

I'd love to see Brand come to Sac, but really there's not a great chance of it. The dude owns his own movie production studio. He's definitely a Hollywood type (which is weird because he seems so low key).

Unless we can offer more cash than the Clippers (or more likely the Lakers) it's gonna be hard to get him away from LA.

With that said, Artest's 7 mil off the books definitely helps the Kings in free agency. No matter who they go after.
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: