Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 07-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #16
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Default Re: Kings Summer League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
btw, what does IIRC mean? lol sorry i'm not up to date on all the internet lingo.
lmao would u believe i just figured that out about 2 weeks ago .lol every time i see BM type it i'm like bro WTF?? ...then one day i was reading his post and it just flowed to me IIRC lol!

I-if
I-i
R-recall/remember
C-correctly

lol ever since i found it out i've bin using it lol shout out goes to BM lol
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:25 AM   #17
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
btw, what does IIRC mean? lol sorry i'm not up to date on all the internet lingo.

If I remember correctly.

edit: Perez got to it first lol, thanks bro.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:36 AM   #18
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Well after the 1st summer league game I can say:

Hawes seems a lot better than I thought he'd be. He showed a lot of skills out there. He can score in the post, jam it(he's not as unathletic as I thought), he has a lot of range on his J, and he's good at man to man defense+boxing out.

Justin gained a lot of strength and he was a monster. He had a couple blocks that weren't recorded and one nice one where Yi was gonna dunk it or lay it in and Justin smashed the ball back on Yi's face. His offense could still use some work but he's improved there too. I think he's going to be pretty good.

Shakur and Watkins both showed some skills. Shakur's a bad shooter but he's a good/creative passer and a good defender. Watkins showed a decent shot(hit a J and his free throws) and he's good at attacking the rim. Good free throw shooter, rebounder, and shotblocker. I'm amazed that the guy wasn't drafted, I loved his game in college also.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:38 AM   #19
dleave
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Well after the 1st summer league game I can say:

Hawes seems a lot better than I thought he'd be. He showed a lot of skills out there. He can score in the post, jam it(he's not as unathletic as I thought), he has a lot of range on his J, and he's good at man to man defense+boxing out.

Justin gained a lot of strength and he was a monster. He had a couple blocks that weren't recorded and one nice one where Yi was gonna dunk it or lay it in and Justin smashed the ball back on Yi's face. His offense could still use some work but he's improved there too. I think he's going to be pretty good.

Shakur and Watkins both showed some skills. Shakur's a bad shooter but he's a good/creative passer and a good defender. Watkins showed a decent shot(hit a J and his free throws) and he's good at attacking the rim. Good free throw shooter, rebounder, and shotblocker. I'm amazed that the guy wasn't drafted, I loved his game in college also.

Thanks for the update, I was really wishing I could see that game.
dleave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:12 AM   #20
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Well here's my take...

Hawes is going to be something special in sac...the only thing i dnt like about hawes is...lol he'll decrease the mins of Brad thus causing his trade value to be even lower lol other than that he's a winner in my book.

Hawes mid range J is that of brad's imho he has long range ..In that game he was lighting it up all over the court and he hit a 3!

Cisco was amazing imo! he was popping the nets! Each shot he called it NETS... no backboard or anything nothing bout LACE! His slashing was great and his shot selection got DRAMATICALLY better.

Now to my MVP's
JUSTIN WILLIAMS was STELLER! That guy hands were magnets to the ball whenever Shukar Pooh or whoever missed a shot he was up and over the rim ...not only grabbing the board but slamming it in all in one motion FOR EVERY TIME!!! AWSOME ...He still continues to struggle from the line but! atleast he's hitting the rim this time : lol but some were actually going in he showed improvement in that area. Like BM said his offense still is weak but on the Defensive end he was whoring Zhi Zhi and Yi . A+ for him

Darryl Watkins! OH MEN this guy reminds me soooo much of a mixture of Jason Maxielle, Haslem Joe Smith and Shawn Kemp's explosiveness. He is going to be special on the kings squad i hope we pick him up! He is REALLY strong and too like Justin was grabing boards and slamming them in one motion in the basket! ... Has real quick feet and is determined to box out!

Shakur... was fairly ok imo he is a wonderful defender! and looks to PASS 1st!! lol i kno i cant believe it either FINALLY a PG who is willing to Pass...lol yes fellow kings fans you've heard it here FIRST lol on ISH. Cant shoot a lick to save his life but he can work on that lol

Hall of Shame!!

Pooh "Teeth" Jeter...I think this guy should hang up his tennis and strap on some cleets lol hit the dug out or somthing...He was TERRIBLE!! ..I mean he has the last name to try out baseball lol...He is clearly a smush parker to tony parker...

The guy cant shoot Pass!! play d ugh! men he pissed me off soo much!
anyway i dnt wanna waste anymore precious time talking about this loser..lol he makes us black guys look terrible when it comes to playing ball! Oh and HE DRIBBLES THE HELL OUT OF A BASKETBALL Plenty plays he had hawes wide open AND calling for it in the block! this guys dribbled the shot clock to 4! then decides to pass it to hawes (while being double teamed) he surely wont be making the squad YET again for a second str8 yr!!

Douby was a no show he didnt play and PRICE believes he's Rashard Lewis or something...i mean you'd swear think he was the one signning a 5 yr deal worth 75mil lol cuz he isnt even on the roster!! damn! lol oh well Shakur will be better and a better fit anyway
Old 07-08-2007, 02:38 AM   #21
Targus™
National High School Star

so BM jr. is raising some eyebrows, huh. damn i wish i could have watched this game. probably more exciting than the UFC event. im going to go look for some video highlights. btw how did yi look?

Last edited by Targus™ : 07-08-2007 at 02:44 AM.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:07 AM   #22
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
so BM jr. is raising some eyebrows, huh. damn i wish i could have watched this game. probably more exciting than the UFC event. im going to go look for some video highlights. btw how did yi look?

Yi was pretty awful. He was getting killed by whoever he was guarding on D and on offense Hawes isn't a great defender, especially not yet, but Yi still couldn't score on him. Yi could post up either player or Watkins. He was shut down. If he wasn't bricking a shot he was invisible.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:42 AM   #23
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Since you like Hawes now, you can rid of the phoenix avatar.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:46 AM   #24
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Since you like Hawes now, you can rid of the phoenix avatar.

For sure man

BTW here's the game is anyone wants to watch it/rewatch it: http://www.nba.com/video/
Old 07-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #25
dleave
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Was Douby not suited up or did he get a coaches DNP?

I really hope we haven't given up on him already.
dleave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:49 PM   #26
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleave
Was Douby not suited up or did he get a coaches DNP?

I really hope we haven't given up on him already.
no we havent....see douby is already on the squad...they are jus using these other guys to see if they can play...we have about 4 more games to play..so douby will be in those games...Theus is just being a good coach by giving everyone an opp. to play to give them a fair evaluation
Old 07-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #27
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
For sure man

BTW here's the game is anyone wants to watch it/rewatch it: http://www.nba.com/video/

sick dude thanks i was pretty sad i missed it, watching now...
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #28
Admiral
Good High School Starter

did you guys see the missed dunk that fell in like right at the end of the 1st quarter...lol that woulda made a daily top 10 just for being ridiculous...
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #29
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
did you guys see the missed dunk that fell in like right at the end of the 1st quarter...lol that woulda made a daily top 10 just for being ridiculous...

Yeah that was from Watkins. It was pretty cool.

btw IIRC I heard Douby was injured with a back strain or something, but he should play Tuesday.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #30
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Kings/Wiz is on
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: