Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 05:32 AM   #31
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,314
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What was Michael Ruffin trying to do? Its his fault. He should be benched for the rest of the season for such stupidity.
agreed.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:43 AM   #32
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World
 
loot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,014
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What was Michael Ruffin trying to do? Its his fault. He should be benched for the rest of the season for such stupidity.

He didn't throw the ball high enough. Sht happens. If he'd hold onto the ball they'd fouled him, he'd miss both ft's, Wizards time out and another chance to tie the game. At least he made the interception.

I don't think you can really blame him like that. I agree it looked goffy and I feel sorrry for the Wizards, but then again if you bench Ruffin you'll be left with two center/pfs who can only defend each other aggressively.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:50 AM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 47,153
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
He didn't throw the ball high enough. Sht happens. If he'd hold onto the ball they'd fouled him, he'd miss both ft's, Wizards time out and another chance to tie the game. At least he made the interception.

Thats a retarded logic. Because you're basically predicting the future as to support his bonehead decision. Assuming the chain of events would have taken place and the Raps would have had another chance to tie the game. Come on thats an incredible reach that can be easily countered with numerous events.

Ruffin gets the ball....Raps attempt to foul, no foul is call he dribbles out enough clock and is fouled. Ruffin hits 1 of 2, 2nd missed FT Wash gets the ball back either time expires or Wash is back on the FT line. If anytime is left for Toronto a depseration heave comes up short. Gilbert takes off jersey and gives to fan.

Quote:
I don't think you can really blame him like that. I agree it looked goffy and I feel sorrry for the Wizards, but then again if you bench Ruffin you'll be left with two center/pfs who can only defend each other aggressively.

You can blame him because he made a half ass attempt thinkin the game was over. Same botched play Plaxico Burress did getting the first down and spiking it before realizing he wasnt touched and this aint college football where you go down and play stops.

You bench Ruffin and thats that...Wash doesnt have much downlow to scare anyone no way. Rather let him meditate on his mental error and make sure it doesnt happen again. There is really no excuse for the play.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:20 AM   #34
Take Your Lumps
Banned
 
Take Your Lumps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,732
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

WOW @ the Wiz announcer

He sounded like someone just told him his daughter was a prostituting heroin addict.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:29 AM   #35
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 13,383
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

how would you like to face your teammates after such a debacle?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #36
bballnoob
Local High School Star
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,712
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
He didn't throw the ball high enough. Sht happens. If he'd hold onto the ball they'd fouled him, he'd miss both ft's, Wizards time out and another chance to tie the game. At least he made the interception.

I don't think you can really blame him like that. I agree it looked goffy and I feel sorrry for the Wizards, but then again if you bench Ruffin you'll be left with two center/pfs who can only defend each other aggressively.

Raps had no timeouts left.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:00 AM   #37
Vendetta
Banned
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,276
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

He should be waived.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:10 AM   #38
Zan Tabak
Only the finest
 
Zan Tabak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -lll──lll-
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

Mo has a nack of hitting weird circus shot's ..so as much as last night's shot was incredible..im not completely surprised..But that was a Major F-up by Ruffin..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:21 AM   #39
geeWiz15
Banned
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,257
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

you guys are completely ridiculous.

do you cut Josh Howard because of his timeout in the Finals? pass on Webber in the draft because of his timeout in the NCAAs? one dumb play, even if it did have gigantic playoff implications not in our favor, is not enough to warrant getting rid of a player. Mike Ruffin is one of 3 players on the Wizards who attempts to play defense. you might ask: why was he on the floor? because nobody else on the roster can be trusted to not give up an easy score.

should we cut Jamison for all the easy buckets he's given up by being a **** defender? should we cut Haywood for letting Portland have that wide open layup to win it 2 weeks ago? should we cut Hayes for one of about a dozen game-losing mistakes including but not limited to passing the ball to Iverson with the game on the line, missing 3 wide open midrangers that all 3 would have won it, losing a WIDE open rebound off a missed free throw to lose the game, etc.

Ruffin is a very good defender, he plays hard, he's six ten, and he's a workhorse- the Wizards are NOT in a position to toss aside such a player because of one mental mistake when the Wizards are a team that makes at least a dozen horrible decisions each game, most of them on defense, and every month or so they make a decision that costs them the game. this is Ruffin's first offense. if we cut a guy when he screwed up even just in crunch time we would have a roster of 0 players. as spectacular a ****up as this was, and even though it has immeasurable playoff implications (Toronto is now ahead of us for good and Miami moves ahead in the conference) for a regular season game, he's not going anywhere. if anything I'd play him more because now he's probably motivated to make up for his mistakes and can help us defensively.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #40
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,588
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

Mo Pete yelled out: "ONE HAND ON YA!!!" Damn, what a shot.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:34 AM   #41
Vendetta
Banned
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,276
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
you guys are completely ridiculous.

do you cut Josh Howard because of his timeout in the Finals? pass on Webber in the draft because of his timeout in the NCAAs? one dumb play, even if it did have gigantic playoff implications not in our favor, is not enough to warrant getting rid of a player. Mike Ruffin is one of 3 players on the Wizards who attempts to play defense. you might ask: why was he on the floor? because nobody else on the roster can be trusted to not give up an easy score.

should we cut Jamison for all the easy buckets he's given up by being a **** defender? should we cut Haywood for letting Portland have that wide open layup to win it 2 weeks ago? should we cut Hayes for one of about a dozen game-losing mistakes including but not limited to passing the ball to Iverson with the game on the line, missing 3 wide open midrangers that all 3 would have won it, losing a WIDE open rebound off a missed free throw to lose the game, etc.

Ruffin is a very good defender, he plays hard, he's six ten, and he's a workhorse- the Wizards are NOT in a position to toss aside such a player because of one mental mistake when the Wizards are a team that makes at least a dozen horrible decisions each game, most of them on defense, and every month or so they make a decision that costs them the game. this is Ruffin's first offense. if we cut a guy when he screwed up even just in crunch time we would have a roster of 0 players. as spectacular a ****up as this was, and even though it has immeasurable playoff implications (Toronto is now ahead of us for good and Miami moves ahead in the conference) for a regular season game, he's not going anywhere. if anything I'd play him more because now he's probably motivated to make up for his mistakes and can help us defensively.

Waived.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:41 AM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 47,153
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
you guys are completely ridiculous.

do you cut Josh Howard because of his timeout in the Finals? pass on Webber in the draft because of his timeout in the NCAAs? one dumb play, even if it did have gigantic playoff implications not in our favor, is not enough to warrant getting rid of a player. Mike Ruffin is one of 3 players on the Wizards who attempts to play defense. you might ask: why was he on the floor? because nobody else on the roster can be trusted to not give up an easy score.

should we cut Jamison for all the easy buckets he's given up by being a **** defender? should we cut Haywood for letting Portland have that wide open layup to win it 2 weeks ago? should we cut Hayes for one of about a dozen game-losing mistakes including but not limited to passing the ball to Iverson with the game on the line, missing 3 wide open midrangers that all 3 would have won it, losing a WIDE open rebound off a missed free throw to lose the game, etc.

Ruffin is a very good defender, he plays hard, he's six ten, and he's a workhorse- the Wizards are NOT in a position to toss aside such a player because of one mental mistake when the Wizards are a team that makes at least a dozen horrible decisions each game, most of them on defense, and every month or so they make a decision that costs them the game. this is Ruffin's first offense. if we cut a guy when he screwed up even just in crunch time we would have a roster of 0 players. as spectacular a ****up as this was, and even though it has immeasurable playoff implications (Toronto is now ahead of us for good and Miami moves ahead in the conference) for a regular season game, he's not going anywhere. if anything I'd play him more because now he's probably motivated to make up for his mistakes and can help us defensively.

Horrible argument considering the players you mentioned are 2-3 times better than Michael Ruffin. Michael Ruffin played 23gms this year. He avg 0.3ppg 2rpg in 10mins of action. For his career he's never avg over 3ppg. Poor FT shooter and his career bests came in Chicago where he avg 19mins and avg 6rpg and Utah where he avg 17mins and avg 5rpg. He's been in the league 6yrs. But yeah he provides defense. Therefore you are gonna pull the stats dont tell the whole story picture. But his defense isnt that great. Its similar to Eric Snow if that. Its good, he shows effort, digs in but what results come from it? Does he contain/shut down his man? And if he was that good of a defender wouldnt he be given more minutes on a team that lacks defense especially interior???

Last night he had more fouls than pts, blocks, steals, assists, turnovers combined. In 26mins of action but he pulled down 5rbs and played good D last night dispite that costly turnover.

But yeah I'm not gonna draft Webber because of his bonehead timeout call at UNC because I said i would bench Ruffin for the rest of the season. And the irony behind you using the word RIDICULOUS? Comedy. You have no counter, no reply no nothing because you know your argument is weak as hell. And I'd destroy it. For someone who throws jabs at GoBB for playing devils advocate you sure you arent doing that? Hmmm, fall back nerd.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:03 PM   #43
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,314
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Horrible argument considering the players you mentioned are 2-3 times better than Michael Ruffin. Michael Ruffin played 23gms this year. He avg 0.3ppg 2rpg in 10mins of action. For his career he's never avg over 3ppg. Poor FT shooter and his career bests came in Chicago where he avg 19mins and avg 6rpg and Utah where he avg 17mins and avg 5rpg. He's been in the league 6yrs. But yeah he provides defense. Therefore you are gonna pull the stats dont tell the whole story picture. But his defense isnt that great. Its similar to Eric Snow if that. Its good, he shows effort, digs in but what results come from it? Does he contain/shut down his man? And if he was that good of a defender wouldnt he be given more minutes on a team that lacks defense especially interior???

Last night he had more fouls than pts, blocks, steals, assists, turnovers combined. In 26mins of action but he pulled down 5rbs and played good D last night dispite that costly turnover.

But yeah I'm not gonna draft Webber because of his bonehead timeout call at UNC because I said i would bench Ruffin for the rest of the season. And the irony behind you using the word RIDICULOUS? Comedy. You have no counter, no reply no nothing because you know your argument is weak as hell. And I'd destroy it. For someone who throws jabs at GoBB for playing devils advocate you sure you arent doing that? Hmmm, fall back nerd.
owned
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:06 PM   #44
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,314
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
you guys are completely ridiculous.

do you cut Josh Howard because of his timeout in the Finals? pass on Webber in the draft because of his timeout in the NCAAs? one dumb play, even if it did have gigantic playoff implications not in our favor, is not enough to warrant getting rid of a player. Mike Ruffin is one of 3 players on the Wizards who attempts to play defense. you might ask: why was he on the floor? because nobody else on the roster can be trusted to not give up an easy score.

should we cut Jamison for all the easy buckets he's given up by being a **** defender? should we cut Haywood for letting Portland have that wide open layup to win it 2 weeks ago? should we cut Hayes for one of about a dozen game-losing mistakes including but not limited to passing the ball to Iverson with the game on the line, missing 3 wide open midrangers that all 3 would have won it, losing a WIDE open rebound off a missed free throw to lose the game, etc.

Ruffin is a very good defender, he plays hard, he's six ten, and he's a workhorse- the Wizards are NOT in a position to toss aside such a player because of one mental mistake when the Wizards are a team that makes at least a dozen horrible decisions each game, most of them on defense, and every month or so they make a decision that costs them the game. this is Ruffin's first offense. if we cut a guy when he screwed up even just in crunch time we would have a roster of 0 players. as spectacular a ****up as this was, and even though it has immeasurable playoff implications (Toronto is now ahead of us for good and Miami moves ahead in the conference) for a regular season game, he's not going anywhere. if anything I'd play him more because now he's probably motivated to make up for his mistakes and can help us defensively.
Wow, your ridiculous Wizards bias and this statement alone has probably cost you an MVP vote in VC's thread. It was a bonehead play, just admit it, live with it, and move on. Don't try and throw other people's mistakes into it to try and make his seem less important. And as far as you saying "I'd play him more", that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:25 PM   #45
bballnoob
Local High School Star
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,712
Default Re: Mo Pete's Game Tie-ing Shot vs. Wiz

at Webber and Howard comparisons.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy