Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #31
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,734
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
so where were you all those years when he was unstoppable and hitting game winning shots???? you wouldve been a God send...oh wait, thats flawed logic too.


obivously you couldn't leave anyone else on those Lakers open so doubling the post was not an option

Kareem would however see more difficulty in the era of zone defense

Jordan would do better versus the double team

and

I dont think a center can win this because they need to be fed the ball

if Kareem could bring the ball up the floor and take people off the dribble I'd give it to him

but he cant so calling him number one

just aint right
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #32
eauclaire447
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 553
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
flawed logic God boy

if you fronted the post, Kareem wouldn't be able to get the ball

Double Jordan and he would still score on you

Kareem needed to be set up

Advantage MJ

and on pure scoring rawness

Kobe is definitely top five
and you have to admit that it is easier to contest a jumpshot than it is to contest his skyhook...you need a ladder to contest that shot.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #33
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,734
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
and you have to admit that it is easier to contest a jumpshot than it is to contest his skyhook...you need a ladder to contest that shot.

I aint dissing Cap

jsut saying he's not better than MJ as a scorer

he's up there but I have issues with putting a center number one all time
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #34
eauclaire447
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 553
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
obivously you couldn't leave anyone else on those Lakers open so doubling the post was not an option

Kareem would however see more difficulty in the era of zone defense

Jordan would do better versus the double team

and

I dont think a center can win this because they need to be fed the ball

if Kareem could bring the ball up the floor and take people off the dribble I'd give it to him

but he cant so calling him number one

just aint right
good points.......but is ludicris to not consider him the most dominant just because he wasnt bringing the ball down, setting the play up and then killing people with his shot. these arguments get rather sketchy and inconclusive when it comes to comparing centers to guards. since when is taking someone off the dribble the determining factor in dominating a game???
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #35
eauclaire447
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 553
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

plus, you could also make the argument that it was harder for kareem to dominate the game because he had to work to get position before he could even get the ball to go to work.....jordan had the ball in his hands ALL the time.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #36
eauclaire447
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 553
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

i like these arguments better than the evolution ones, more civil (except for the God boy slur) dont take faith to see both sides of the argument
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #37
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,377
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
AI is top 5.
I think this is why he got banned
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #38
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,734
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
i like these arguments better than the evolution ones, more civil (except for the God boy slur) dont take faith to see both sides of the argument


God boy was all in good fun

no foul intended

just curious if you remembered me from our theological debates
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #39
eauclaire447
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 553
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
I think this is why he got banned
good enough reason for me...j/k
he does have an argument though.....he can take over games, but top 5 might be a little much
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #40
eauclaire447
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 553
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
God boy was all in good fun

no foul intended

just curious if you remembered me from our theological debates

i could have amnesia and still remember those good times
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #41
Voice of Reason
Good High School Starter
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 920
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
I think this is why he got banned

AI ranks 3rd all time in ppg avg.
AI ranks 28th all time in total points at 20,556. (5,839pts away from ranking top 10 all time which is possible to do. If he played 4yrs he just have to avg 1460pts for the season)
AI has won 4 scoring titles. He is now only the fourth player in league history to earn at least four scoring championships. Michael Jordan won it 10 times, and Wilt Chamberlain did it 7. Iverson joins George Gervin as the only two players to win four.

Try again
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #42
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,452
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
AI ranks 3rd all time in ppg avg.
AI ranks 28th all time in total points at 20,556. (5,839pts away from ranking top 10 all time which is possible to do. If he played 4yrs he just have to avg 1460pts for the season)
AI has won 4 scoring titles. He is now only the fourth player in league history to earn at least four scoring championships. Michael Jordan won it 10 times, and Wilt Chamberlain did it 7. Iverson joins George Gervin as the only two players to win four.

Try again

Payton and K.J are better.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:13 PM   #43
rzp
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,311
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
AI ranks 3rd all time in ppg avg.
AI ranks 28th all time in total points at 20,556. (5,839pts away from ranking top 10 all time which is possible to do. If he played 4yrs he just have to avg 1460pts for the season)
AI has won 4 scoring titles. He is now only the fourth player in league history to earn at least four scoring championships. Michael Jordan won it 10 times, and Wilt Chamberlain did it 7. Iverson joins George Gervin as the only two players to win four.

Try again

can a guy with ***** 42.2%fg be called "unstoppable/dominating scorer"?
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #44
Voice of Reason
Good High School Starter
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 920
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
can a guy with ***** 42.2%fg be called "unstoppable/dominating scorer"?

Yes.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #45
rzp
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,311
Default Re: top 5 unstoppable/dominating scorers last 30 years

he is an unstoppable shooter u mean?
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy