Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #151
Voice of Reason
Good High School Starter
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I'm just wondering why can't the C's win the division when they were healthy they were leading the division and were actually playing solid basketball. Right now they are only 2 games out and none of the teams are really hot so the C's can most likely keep pace until they get healthy.

Maybe so...for some reason i think the youth and inexperience will cost Boston games dispite Pierce trying to lead the junior mints. Thats really why i didnt include them. They are young.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #152
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 7,943
Default

One of the posters a while ago brought up a good point about Bosh. He is like Elton Brand was in Chi. An individual talent that didn't translate wins for the team. The Raptors had a losing record BEFORE Bosh got injured. Just like Chicago got good by trading Elton for picks, Colangelo being the smart GM he is will trade Bosh to a weak team for several draft picks. Then the Raptors can build and be formidable.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:48 PM   #153
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
One of the posters a while ago brought up a good point about Bosh. He is like Elton Brand was in Chi. An individual talent that didn't translate wins for the team. The Raptors had a losing record BEFORE Bosh got injured. Just like Chicago got good by trading Elton for picks, Colangelo being the smart GM he is will trade Bosh to a weak team for several draft picks. Then the Raptors can build and be formidable.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Chris Bosh is 22/12 every night. He is extremely clutch and always takes (usually makes) the last shot.

Chris Bosh is much better then the Chicago version of Elton Brand, and any Bulls fan will tell you they wish they didn't trade Brand for that pick. Bosh is only 22 years old, it's a little early to label him a losing player.

The current Bulls + Elton Brand are title contenders.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:49 PM   #154
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Maybe so...for some reason i think the youth and inexperience will cost Boston games dispite Pierce trying to lead the junior mints. Thats really why i didnt include them. They are young.

well the youth can be a good think they were the main reason the C's were playing good basketball when they were healthy and they continue to do so. The Fact that the race is still tight and will most likely stay that way you can't really count out any team.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #155
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 7,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Chris Bosh is 22/12 every night. He is extremely clutch and always takes (usually makes) the last shot.

Chris Bosh is much better then the Chicago version of Elton Brand, and any Bulls fan will tell you they wish they didn't trade Brand for that pick. Bosh is only 22 years old, it's a little early to label him a losing player.

The current Bulls + Elton Brand are title contenders.

if what i said was the dumbest thing you ever heard, then you didn't read what you typed. the current Bulls are there BEAUSE THEY TRADED BRAND!!!
they would never had the opportunity to draft hinrich in 03 or gordon and deng with the 3 and 7 pick in 04 if brand had been there.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #156
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
if what i said was the dumbest thing you ever heard, then you didn't read what you typed. the current Bulls are there BEAUSE THEY TRADED BRAND!!!
they would never had the opportunity to draft hinrich in 03 or gordon and deng with the 3 and 7 pick in 04 if brand had been there.

First of all, they didn't draft Deng, they traded for the pick.

Secondly, who knows if they still suck enough to draft Hinrich and Ben Gordon. All I know is that many Bulls fan will tell you that they'd rather have Brand + 2 picks (whether they be high enough to draft Kirk and BG only god knows, they'd still be first rounders).

You don't trade young 20/10 bigs that can block shots. It's a dumb move no matter how you spin it. This is the first year Bosh has a decent team around him and he's only played 16 games or so.

So yes, saying that trading Bosh for picks would be a good idea is retarded and if you find a single non-Raptor hater that agrees with you I will change my avatar to the Knicks logo.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #157
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 7,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
First of all, they didn't draft Deng, they traded for the pick.

Secondly, who knows if they still suck enough to draft Hinrich and Ben Gordon. All I know is that many Bulls fan will tell you that they'd rather have Brand + 2 picks (whether they be high enough to draft Kirk and BG only god knows, they'd still be first rounders).

You don't trade young 20/10 bigs that can block shots. It's a dumb move no matter how you spin it. This is the first year Bosh has a decent team around him and he's only played 16 games or so.

So yes, saying that trading Bosh for picks would be a good idea is retarded and if you find a single non-Raptor hater that agrees with you I will change my avatar to the Knicks logo.

get raedy to change your avatar. more people think it partner. the raptors are loser with Bosh and they will continue to be so with him.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:49 PM   #158
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,314
Default Re: Does everyone agree the Raptors will win the Atlantic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I said at the beginning of the season that the Raps would be in a battle for the top spot and I was a laughing stock. Guess it's not too funny of a thought now.



I said it at the beginning, I said it here^^ in december, and i'm saying it now. and we clinched. Done and done.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #159
tmacman
3/8
 
tmacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 828
Default Re: Does everyone agree the Raptors will win the Atlantic?

Raps will lose to Mia though in the play-offs, sorry to break it to ya.
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #160
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,314
Default Re: Does everyone agree the Raptors will win the Atlantic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacman
Raps will lose to Mia though in the play-offs, sorry to break it to ya.
It's not a guarantee that we're playing Miami. They're only a half a game behind Washington who lost Caron Butler.

Last edited by bokes15 : 04-01-2007 at 10:01 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy