Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe article. The best I have ever read.

The funniest thing to me is that Michael Jordan had a reputation for being an ******* to his teammates as well but no one ever talks about it. What he did to Kwame Brown was just sad.

Kudos to MJ on cultivating the perfect public image though so all of his flaws are ignored.

But alot of you are criticizing Kobe for the same flaws that Jordan had, whether you want to believe it or not. And Jordan is my favorite player ever along with Kobe.

But hey, Republicans buy shoes too.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by jmill
    The funniest thing to me is that Michael Jordan had a reputation for being an ******* to his teammates as well but no one ever talks about it. What he did to Kwame Brown was just sad.

Kudos to MJ on cultivating the perfect public image though so all of his flaws are ignored.

But alot of you are criticizing Kobe for the same flaws that Jordan had, whether you want to believe it or not. And Jordan is my favorite player ever along with Kobe.

But hey, Republicans buy shoes too.
    lol there are plenty of people who wrote about mj being bad to his teammate.He wanted them to be better and he yelled at them when they do dumb things, but kobe wanted to be a one man show early in his career. He didnt want the team to be better he wanted himself to be better.Give MJ shaq in his rookie year and he woulded complain.He barked at them when they are not doing there job.Kobe is just learning this concept and is also starting to hang out with his teamates and not be a loner.

And, more famously, Kobe attempted to go one-on-one against Jordan in the '98 All-Star Game, waving off a screen from Karl Malone. "Take your pick-and-rolling butt out of here; I've got Jordan iso'd!" That one didn't go over so well with the Mailman. "When young guys tell me to get out of the way," Malone said at the time, "that's a game I don't need to be in."
    tells me all i need to know about Kobe.

I could always respect Kobe's competitive spirit but he had no respect for any one.

In It to Win It

You guys are just taking out the negative points of Kobe's character. Why don't you focus on the dogged determination, confidence, diligent and obsessive work ethic, and competitiveness of his personality? Without this, Kobe would not be the player he is. It takes hard work in order to be great.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa

I could always respect Kobe's competitive spirit but he had no respect for any one.
    I've always found that to be exagerrated bull****. So what he waived off Malone's pick? give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    I've always found that to be exagerrated bull****. So what he waived off Malone's pick? give me a break
    its little incidents like that that causes the fans to hate kobe so much. if you couldnt respect the game's elite players back then as a young fella then what makes you think the young fellas of today which you're going to preach to, as a 'leader', are going to respect you???

Dunking on everybody in the park the even bigger black guy's Avatar

its little incidents like that that causes the fans to hate kobe so much. if you couldnt respect the game's elite players back then as a young fella then what makes you think the young fellas of today which you're going to preach to, as a 'leader', are going to respect you???
    what has karl malone ever done to deserve any respect? **** that guy

A man has both flaws and things you come to respect. In order to appreciate what Kobe does on the court and what kind of person he is, you have to understand both his flaws and his positives. Kobe strives to be the best ever but it takes hard work to be who he wants to be. The article basically shows he is willing to do anything to claim that title at the end of his career. Now whether he becomes that or not will be determined by how he does the rest of his career but he just wants you to know that he tried his heart out.
    "Being the best that you can be is possible only if your desire to be a champion is greater than your fear of failure." Take it how you will but Kobe definitely has that desire and I think he has put enough work into it. Now he just has to execute it in the playoffs to prove it.

Superstar

Its basketball, because Malone whose an older veteran sets a pick for Kobe, he has to go through with it? How is that disrespect? What if he saw something he didn't like? When you're running up and down the floor, your instincts take over...you just play the game, not gonna stop and realize "Oh its Karl Malone setting a pick for me". Its not like he said something to Malone.

Malone is a ***** for complaining about it. Boohoo Kobe waived off his pick.

NBA rookie of the year

Karl Malone is a piece of sh*t in general. Great player but a pierce of sh*t.

Its basketball, because Malone whose an older veteran sets a pick for Kobe, he has to go through with it? How is that disrespect? What if he saw something he didn't like? When you're running up and down the floor, your instincts take over...you just play the game, not gonna stop and realize "Oh its Karl Malone setting a pick for me". Its not like he said something to Malone.

its not Karl Malone. i actually dont give a **** about him. i never liked the guy. but if it was shaq or d-rob trying to set that pick, kobe would have just said the same thing since hes obviously so fixated on playing jordan 1v1.

Kobe has no regard for anything but his own. thats the way he'll always be perceived.

Living Legend

I'm a huge Jordan fan but I'll say this about that all star game. It like every other all star game is about entertainment. People want to see greats go one on one. They pulled Kobe down the stretch so he wouldn't show up Jordan otherwise he would have and should have been the MVP.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Kobe is a Maserati
    Lebron is a Volvo

I agree there is a gap, but a Volvo? c'mon. Lebron is at least a Porshe.

He should grow his afro back.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    He should grow his afro back.
    Gilbert Arenas liked Kobe's afro.