Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron's weak first step makes his postgame moves slower and less explosive

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus

Lucky bastard.
    My luck's running out... I'm 38 now - the taller you are, easier it is to LOOK old imo.

I'll look like Mobley pretty soon here

Default Re: Lebron's weak first step makes his postgame moves slower and less explosive

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    My luck's running out... I'm 38 now - the taller you are, easier it is to LOOK old imo.

I'll look like Mobley pretty soon here
    Meh. I'm not great at basketball, but I'm pretty good. If I were 6'7", with otherwise the same physical tools, I might have been able to play at a very competitive level.

It's why I hate basketball, despite how much I love it. I'm 5'8", and therefore never had a chance.

But I don't look like a freak in public, so that's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay

You, my friend, are the one changing the story.
    You're looking at a few quotes that say "MJ didn't trust his teammates".

That's true, but that's not why he was doubled - and the quotes you're reading never said that's why he was doubled - you made that part up.

But there are many quotes that actually DO say why he was doubled - and they all say it's because he was the greatest scorer of all time.. And any talk of him not wanting to pass was prefaced by mentioning how bad and undeveloped his young teammates were.

But keep deluding yourself and making things out of quotes that aren't there.. You'll continue to surprised by what happens in basketball and the end results, because you were misperceiving things from the start.

...Jordan was not a willing passer (he should've passed more)
    It's funny... The only counter-argument MJ haters have about the player who did more than any other player is "why didn't he do more?"

MJ did the most with what he was given - there isn't a SINGLE year in his career where his team underachieved their seeding.. In 1989, he took a 6-seed to 6 games in ECF with the champs, and he ALWAYS won the championship when his team had the 1 seed in the conference (compare that to Lebron, who has lost 3 times with the 1 seed).

if you weren't alive back then, sorry.
    I'm 38... I still dunk on guys (albiet, mostly off one leg now - that's how I know it's easier than jumping off two.. And that's how I notice that other players who start one-foot dunking more as they age)...

Also, I played for two D1 schools and against many NBA players... Otoh, I bet you dribble by slapping the ball like a beginner that plays once a year with their little sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus

But I don't look like a freak in public, so that's pretty cool.

very nice... unfortunately, i can't say the same

(hilarious... will rep when i can)

3ball is not 6'7, he is 6'2 and 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    3ball is not 6'7, he is 6'2 and 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    least graceful "superstar" in isolation in the history of the game. n99a literally backs 3 steps up chooses to drive in one direction then just bullrushes with head down. This is what happens when u got no first step
    THIS.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    You're trolling (no shock). Jordan catches the ball and IMMEDIATELY makes a hard move, making the defense react to him and getting into the seam. Then he elevates and contorts to seal off the next defender in the air. The defense was fine - he just made it look bad. He'd do the exact same thing today - hell, he was doing it at times at age 40 in a better defensive league than today.

Two plays from his Wizards years where he similarly makes it look like the defense "isn't even moving":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3IQKeenIKw#t=4m06s

EDIT: There's another play vs. Ruben Patterson and the Blazers, but I can't find it now.
    What people said about MJ's fluidity and zero wasted movement is so true. He just fakes one way and goes the quickest path to the basket like a running back bursting through a seam. He's 40 years old, but honestly looked quicker than most SG's by far. That burst at age 40 is unbelievable. MJ really is the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    that defense

dudes don't even move... LeBron would average 40 in this enviroment EASILY
    that damage control