Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Does Kyrie Irving have the most complete scoring skill set since kobe.

Durant has more skills that matter. He's tougher to contain in the half-court, for sure.

He probably won't be regarded as a better scorer than MJ, but it'll be fun to watch him try.

Banned

Default Re: Does Kyrie Irving have the most complete scoring skill set since kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    dude said vehicle

English ain't your strong suit, boy.. thats not even the most embarrassing here though, that would be how utterly clueless you are about basketball.

didn't even see that. future rep

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    He shoots a lot better than either one of them in that middle range. He shoots about equal as Kyrie from long range. His dribble is more impressive for his height. He shoots off the dribble better than either one of them. His pull up jumper is better than either of theirs. But I agree with the rest that your wrote minus what Etc might mean.
    You're right he shoots better.. Idk his midrange percentages but I've seen that part of his game become compromised when refs swallow their whistles in the postseason, stop calling that rip through stuff, and just generally let defenders push back/lay hands

Durant height also comes into play big even with his shooting.. he's like a more athletic dirk, just got that rare height and shooting ability. If Durant was 6'6 or 6'3 like kobe and Kyrie would his percantages be anywhere near the same? He relies on height to shoot over the top unimpinged.. kobe and Kyrie have to work to create their space more diligently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    You're right he shoots better.. Idk his midrange percentages but I've seen that part of his game become compromised when refs swallow their whistles in the postseason, stop calling that rip through stuff, and just generally let defenders push back/lay hands

Durant height also comes into play big even with his shooting.. he's like a more athletic dirk, just got that rare height and shooting ability. If Durant was 6'6 or 6'3 like kobe and Kyrie would his percantages be anywhere near the same? He relies on height to shoot over the top unimpinged.. kobe and Kyrie have to work to create their space more diligently.
    His height is part of his arsenal, just like athleticism is for Kobe. And he gets worse in the playoffs? He has the highest career playoff ppg average of any player since Jordan and that's on 58.3 TS% despite his first playoffs being a terrible 25 ppg on 50 TS%
    Last edited by Joyner82reload; 08-03-2015 at 03:29 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    His height is part of his arsenal, just like athleticism is for Kobe. And he gets worse in the playoffs? He has the highest playoff ppg average of any player since Jordan...
    What are Kobe and Durant athletic stats.. ? Durant pretty damn quick and can jump. I'm not saying he's any less effective just that he has a clearer physical advantage over his opponents that kobe does.. kobes quick but not the quickest, average height for his position, strong but never where it was really brought up, it's mostly just coordiantion/body control which is pretty much a direct effect of practicing so many moves and becoming totally fluent in them.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Put the pipe down, boy. At his very athletic peak, Kobe had a 3i inch vehicle and an extremely slow first step.
    Don't embarrass yourself by putting him on Durants level from an athletic standpoint.

And yes, Durant, iis infintantly more complete than Kobe ever was offensively.
    You just lost all credibility. If you said he's has a more complete offensive game than Kobe, I would disagree but it would a reasonable debate even if im wrong.
    But INFINITELY better? Get outta here. You obviously don't know sh*t

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Beast.

AI w/ elite (curry level) shooting, and Jordanesque finishing ability.

Durant is the best scorer since MJ. anyone who actually watches the game with no bias can tell you that. i like lebron and i can still see that durant is the best scorer since MJ.
    people don't understand that if durant doesn't win a single ring but stays healthy for 10 more years, he would be top 15 GOAT just based on his scoring even though it is very unlikely that he doesn't win at least 2 rings if he stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

Durant is way quicker compared to guys his own size than Kobe and Kyrie are.

Prime Kobe was quicker than most guys his height. Durant is quicker than EVERYONE his height.

So if you're hypothetically making Durant 6'6", you have to account for the quickness he would gain from being shorter.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el

Prime Kobe was quicker than most guys his height. Durant is quicker than EVERYONE his height.

So if you're hypothetically making Durant 6'6", you have to account for the quickness he would gain from being shorter.
    Imagine if Kyrie was 6'6+

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el

stick to talking about the loser wizards and loser wall. They will never get kd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    Shut up goon call me when the lakers are in the playoffs.

A bold statement considering how the majority of all posters on here labeled Kobe's skill level as GOAT all-time with the Kareem, Bird and MJ.

I feel like OP is a Lebron-hater who is propping up Kyrie to discredit Lebron.. so many agendas on ISH.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    You are the most aggressively stupid poster on this site. Literally 0 contributions to any discussion....ever. You make Laker and Kobe fans look bad.

I know you don't watch any wizards games, so keep your mouth shut about Wall.

Kevin Durant has [COLOR="DarkOrange"][COLOR="Red"]4[/COLOR][/COLOR] seasons with a higher Ortg than Kobe's BEST season......and he's played less than half as many seasons. He's also led the league in scoring 4 times to Kobe's 2. Durant has 6 seasons with a higher TS% than Kobe's best season.

Kevin Durant has done all of these things in less than half of Kobe's career.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 08-24-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KellhitEmup15
    Shut up goon call me when the lakers are in the playoffs.
    Call me when your team reaches 16 championships