Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default The Bulls can't have a bad offseason. Paxson/Forman need to get things done.

There's just no excuse for having a bad offseason. Fans are sick of the same old crap. If the Bulls don't get Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Love or a superstar player like them, the Bulls will have failed big time this summer. Enough teasing. It's time for this organization to take the team to the next level. They have the talent there with Rose and Noah and Butler and Taj. They have players they can trade and draft picks they can trade and Boozer they can amnesty to get something major done.

The Bulls can't start next season with this same team. They need to step it up this summer and become a true contender.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The Bulls can't have a bad offseason. Paxson/Forman need to get things done.

The Bulls could technically get both Melo and Love right? Trade Love for Gibson+Dunleavy+Snell and they'll increase their salaries by about $2M. Then amnesty Boozer, and they'll be at about $49.5M. They could trade away their draft picks and Greg Smith, and they'll be at about $48.5M. They could start Melo out at about $17.5M. Fill out the rest of their roster with minimum guys to surround Noah/Love/Melo/Butler/Rose. Am I missing something?

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Default Re: The Bulls can't have a bad offseason. Paxson/Forman need to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    The Bulls could technically get both Melo and Love right? Trade Love for Gibson+Dunleavy+Snell and they'll increase their salaries by about $2M. Then amnesty Boozer, and they'll be at about $49.5M. They could trade away their draft picks and Greg Smith, and they'll be at about $48.5M. They could start Melo out at about $17.5M. Fill out the rest of their roster with minimum guys to surround Noah/Love/Melo/Butler/Rose. Am I missing something?
    Some defense.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    Some defense.
    Yes. Thats why I'm a little hesitant on hoping for a Love/Gibson trade.

I don't care if he's not that great of a defensive player, I'll take Love over Taj. Don't get me wrong, I really like Taj. But Love is a superstar player. Noah, Love and Rose is a championship core.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Reports are showing superstar free agents are hesitant to sign with Bulls due to spoiled fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Reports are showing superstar free agents are hesitant to sign with Bulls due to spoiled fans.
    What spoiled Bulls fans are there? We've put up with so much crap from the Bulls organization. Simply making the playoffs and getting eliminated in the first or second round doesn't cut it anymore. They need to build a real contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    What spoiled Bulls fans are there? We've put up with so much crap from the Bulls organization. Simply making the playoffs and getting eliminated in the first or second round doesn't cut it anymore. They need to build a real contender.
    Don't shoot the messenger.

New reports showing big name free agents that once had the Bulls on their short list have now backed off due to the fans saying stupid things on message boards and expecting unrealistic progress. One of the big names recently said, "I don't know man, I wanted to go play with the Bulls because they have a great coach, great culture, and a lot of good pieces that I want to play with, but the idiot fans keep putting pressure on the front office to knee-jerk and get rid of all the things I like about the team." Then later adding, "When your fans treat the NBA like it's a video game, then I don't want to play there. Chicago fans aren't the worst, but they're up there."

So I guess you're just happy with the Bulls continuing to draft mediocre players that won't make a huge difference rather than actually getting something done this summer to make this team a contender.

The Bulls have Noah, they have Rose (hopefully), RIGHT NOW is the time to get something done and bring in Carmelo Anthony or Love.

And it's NOT unrealistic to go after Anthony or Love this summer. The Bulls have what it takes to get things done. They need to.
    Last edited by Upgrayedd; 05-22-2014 at 02:28 AM.

It's a very simple concept. Your feelings, my feelings, any fan's feeling about what should happen, will not magically make certain things happen. Even if you have the best GM and best trade chips, that means nothing.

You are a disillusioned person. I bet you also believe that when you root for a team, you have some magical power to change the outcome.

I don't even know what you're talking about there.

Again, it's not unrealistic to go after 'Melo or Love this summer. And the Bulls must take that chance. Fans are getting sick of the same crap.

Because you're disillusioned. If things were all right upstairs, then you would understand. I can explain it 100 different ways, and it wouldn't matter.