Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Knicks are making the playoffs this year

I took a whole bunch of substances and had a substantial amount of alcohol, the lady fell asleep 3 hours ago and its 5.20 am here.

anyway its like noon cali time so i was chatting with my friends over basketball, and i told him, seasons are hard to predict, because there are at least 4 teams that COMPLETELY do not perform as they are expected the season prior.

For instance? Hawks? Everyone had them 6~8 seed in East. They got 1st and made it to the ECF.

OKC? Everyone had them 1~3 seed. Injuries yes, but didn't even make the playoffs.

Heat?3~5 seed. Missed playoffs.

Who will be one of the few teams that will completely throw us off guard? As an NBA fan, I really want the Knicks to succeed. The energy itself in the league is different when they're good. I think they will make the playoffs. As a 7~8 seed and get knocked off in the first.

Default Re: Knicks are making the playoffs this year

I'll take it. Don't want them giving up a lottery pick. And I want Zingy to have a taste for the playoffs, and as long as they don't get annihilated with Melo taking 30 shots every game, I can deal with the loss in stride and consider it baby steps in the legend of Porzingis

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Are they still using the triangle? Because if they are...they are absolutely not going to make the playoffs.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 07-21-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Worst team in the league.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I'll take it. Don't want them giving up a lottery pick. And I want Zingy to have a taste for the playoffs, and as long as they don't get annihilated with Melo taking 30 shots every game, I can deal with the loss in stride and consider it baby steps in the legend of Porzingis
    Melo had a .53 ts% last year, the team had a .508 ts% on 1 leg he was still more productive than those bum teammates last year. Granted its a completely different team with a lot more talent this year so I expect him to get a little help this year.

wait..... is this not clear? solid roster, pretty weak east. would be a miracle not reaching the playoffs with that roster next season

Quote Originally Posted by sejoon101
    I took a whole bunch of substances and had a substantial amount of alcohol, the lady fell asleep 3 hours ago and its 5.20 am here.

anyway its like noon cali time so i was chatting with my friends over basketball, and i told him, seasons are hard to predict, because there are at least 4 teams that COMPLETELY do not perform as they are expected the season prior.

For instance? Hawks? Everyone had them 6~8 seed in East. They got 1st and made it to the ECF.

OKC? Everyone had them 1~3 seed. Injuries yes, but didn't even make the playoffs.

Heat?3~5 seed. Missed playoffs.

Who will be one of the few teams that will completely throw us off guard? As an NBA fan, I really want the Knicks to succeed. The energy itself in the league is different when they're good. I think they will make the playoffs. As a 7~8 seed and get knocked off in the first.
    imo they'll make the PO in the east as a low seed IF they are injury free (a big IF imo). They have very good rim protection in lopez and porzingis, and a plus defender in afflalo, which will be needed with calderon and melo on the team. Offensively it might be tricky, but a triangle with calderon and melo isn't a bad starting spot. Porzingis can hit the midrange too and afflafo has a decent shot.

The problem with this team is going to be the lack of bench and thus no depth. Melo and calderon are also fragile, and if any of this dudes gets injured the offense will go down the drain real fast. Also, because of lack of depth this team will either tire out fast or rely on a horrible bench, losing many games in the 2nd half anyway you cut it.

You'll see a lot of knicks fan in denial this season, saying "if we were healthy", "unlucky loss", "we're better than our record", but in reality the bench will absolutely destroy this team.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    wait..... is this not clear? solid roster, pretty weak east. would be a miracle not reaching the playoffs with that roster next season

It's all about health, if they stay relatively healthy there is no way they miss the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    It's all about health, if they stay relatively healthy there is no way they miss the playoffs.
    yes. if melo stay healthy and puts up like 24-26ppg playoffs are locked. NY has get some nice role-player pieces.
    Porzingis can pu up 14/10.

They are the favourite to win their division, so off course they will make the playoffs. It's also the Eastern Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    yes. if melo stay healthy and puts up like 24-26ppg playoffs are locked. NY has get some nice role-player pieces.
    Porzingis can pu up 14/10.

We'll have direction and play defense. It'll be much improved over last year.

Would love to see Zinger get a little burn in the Playoffs. Next season the team should solidify with a few more signings and a lot of luck healthwise.

I'll say this again, tho - if they start terribly slow, and fingers start pointing, I could see Melo packing his bags.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Wait so the OPs logic is that the Knicks will make the playoffs because...every year some random teams do better or worse than a lot of people predict?

Porzinger MVP.