Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: US- Official Movie Discussion Thread

It was a very well-made movie. Great writing, and great acting, especially by Lupita Nyong'o. Had some funny moments too. I enjoyed it a lot and the plot twist left me shook. I'm probably gonna watch it again next weekend

Also, im already looking forward to Jordan Peele's 3rd movie.

I should have been working yesterday but I wanted to see this and I was
    Not disappointed. It wasn’t quite what I expected but I mean that in a good way.

I was certainly interested when I saw the trailer but in my mind I’m like, •So this basically black Coraline mixed with Strangers and or Funny Games. It still was like that but it had a far more ambitious story to tell.

I def have some critiques with it because as with quality movies, I was captivated enough to think about it for a while after.

This was a fantastic work of art in this genre and medium. The suspense was palapable and given time to breathe to accomplish the most organic and effective form of it.

Saw it last night, 8.7/10

Definitely gets you thinking. Wasn't scared at all. My friends were.

A lot of people didn't understand this movie but I recommend youtubing or searching up the spoiler theories.

I just didn't like that they spent the entire movie to just at the end reveal what truly was happening. The twist came too fast at the end rather than allowing viewers to figure it out as they went.

I thought Get Out was better by slightly a margin but a fan of his movies now for sure.

I'm in the theater right now. I'm so bored I decided to browse ISH

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    I'm in the theater right now. I'm so bored I decided to browse ISH
    what movie did you see?

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    what movie did you see?
    A film with one of the most contrived plots I have ever seen that is beside other glaring shortcomings.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by enayes

Coming out this weekend, "Us", from the Director of "Get Out".

Who's excited?

boycotting this racist bullshit. jordan peele said this week in an interview that he won't make any movies with white lead actors

imagine a white producer saying that about black actors. he'd be hung by his balls

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    A film with one of the most contrived plots I have ever seen that is beside other glaring shortcomings.
    what was the title of the film?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    boycotting this racist bullshit. jordan peele said this week in an interview that he won't make any movies with white lead actors

imagine a white producer saying that about black actors. he'd be hung by his balls

They dont need to say it. They just do it anyway. And I dont think its because of racism. People are more likely write/make movies about people similar to them. Martin Scorsese is an old Italian American new yorker. I should expect his movies to have a lot of themes similar to my upbringing? He makes north eastern ethnic group movies often featuring immigrants. Im not looking for the NWA movie from him. Im expecting Goodfellas and Departed.

I enjoyed this movie a hell of a lot more than Get Out. Like significantly more. Wasn't a huge fan of Get Out. This one is extremely solid and heavily nuanced.

That being said... the impression that I get is that there are multiple underlying themes to this movie and there isn't just one message. A plethora of real life social discussions, some specific to the U.S.[;)] in a historical sense, some in a modern U.S. sense, and some not related to the U.S. though most of it is... are touched on and explored.

I'm far too stupid to be able to unpack everything within this film with one viewing... as is everyone else that posts here.

How long did it take you to figure out the twist?

I picked it up pretty quickly. I usually do. I watch this type of movie hoping im wrong and then it always goes as expected. They did it well though.

Way better than M Night Shamanbdlsnfnkldfmdskinddkannaan has in a lot of his. The village pissed me off. I assumed I knew the twist about 15 seconds in and was right.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

I don

Dunno what others got from this film

Kinda disappointed and underwhelmed

The twist at the end was pretty cool, but the script at the start about abandoned tunnels had you putting 2 and 2 together pretty quick

6/10, not scary, lots of forced comedy, decent acting, poor dialogue

It wasn't perfect by any means. But, if you have fun with the movie it is rewarding. Going in there knowing what to expect from his previous movie made this a non factor for horror. I think he's doing well in his career so far and I'll support any movie he puts forward in the future. It wasn't a fail by any means but he set the bar high with get out

Saw a basketball once

I really like watching movies and basketball sports and really need an app that can watch these two shows. Is that hard?

Use netflix. As for basketball, I'm not sure which app will allow to let you watch it.