Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: global warming

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default global warming

Why did Wisconsin set a snow record at 100" ??

Why did it snow in Arizona ??

According to Trump , there is no such thing as global warming.

Wish I could be in denial , unfortunately I will be getting 8 more inch's this weekend , when daylight savings time changes..

Default Re: global warming

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper

Wish I could be in denial , unfortunately I will be getting 8 more inch's this weekend , when daylight savings time changes..

The melting polar ice, due to climate change, has allowed unusual southern dips in the polar vortex causing unusually cold temps in the U.S. This combined with increased precipitation, also due to climate change, has resulted in record snowfalls in some areas.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    The melting polar ice, due to climate change, has allowed unusual southern dips in the polar vortex causing unusually cold temps in the U.S. This combined with increased precipitation, also due to climate change, has resulted in record snowfalls in some areas.

One important thing which I rarely hear mentioned is that the rate at which a piece of ice melts is naturally exponential, not constant. The more ice that melts off, the less insulated the remaining ice is, therefore what is left melts at a faster rate than it had theretofore.

This presumably applies to ice caps. Even if the surrounding environmental temperature were to remain completely constant, once the ice begins to melt it should melt with increasing rapidity.

Ice caps forming and melting has happened countless times throughout Earth’s natural history. We know the climate changes. Everyone knows the climate changes. Nobody is out there insisting the world’s climate remains static.

Unfortunately, alarmists want to have that battle, even if it’s an imaginary one, to make sure there is a “good and bad” side of this issue so they can be on the good side. Instead of saying “okay, let’s forget about the doomsday stuff for a minute and focus on working to decrease pollution, preserve natural habitats, etc” which wont provoke as much disagreement... theyre obsessed with framing the issue in a way they THINK is dividing them from conservatives and making them look superior.

The try-harding is epic levels of absurdity.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

There was a record in Los Angeles too. Something like it didn't go above 79 degrees for a month straight. New record.

But we gots global warming doe!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper

No one is interested in your sex life you homo

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    There was a record in Los Angeles too. Something like it didn't go above 79 degrees for a month straight. New record.

But we gots global warming doe!
    Spoken like a true Trumptard.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime

Show me proof of the warming, son! Otherwise step off and enjoy the cold weather ya pencil-dick snowflake.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime

10 years ago it was idiots like you INSISTING we acknowledge global warming.

Now that the phrase doesnt fit the alarmism so conveniently the goal posts have shifted to climate change, and anyone who doesnt admit the “american cisgender patriarchy of little eichmans” is responsible for this imminent catastrophe just isnt as progressive and enlightened as you are.

My dude. You are a middle of the bell curve kinda guy. Completely generic and average. You and bladefd and maxfly etc are always looking for trendy new narratives that you can jump on to create the illusion of intellectual separation from others, which you dont actually have. But you never have things of your own to say. Youre always just backing up whatever was declared on the nightly news 15 minutes ago. #MeToo, global warming, ORANGE MAN BAD, etc.

Youre a loser trying to create a public illusion of not being a loser.

It isnt working.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Youre a loser trying to create a public illusion of not being a loser.

It isnt working.
    My god this is priceless.

rain in cali and cold temps is due to el nino. There's some argument global warming will increase number of strong el ninos. Weather is pretty complicated and most of the population are ignorant about it(myself included). Ik since a friend of mine is studying atmospheric science and I dont get a lot of what he tells me.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    My dude. You are a middle of the bell curve kinda guy. Completely generic and average. You and bladefd and maxfly etc are always looking for trendy new narratives that you can jump on to create the illusion of intellectual separation from others, which you dont actually have. But you never have things of your own to say. Youre always just backing up whatever was declared on the nightly news 15 minutes ago. #MeToo, global warming, ORANGE MAN BAD, etc.
    You are almost exactly like the psycho ex-gf who goes out of her way to mention and bad-mouth you to all her friends every chance she gets even months after you broke up with her and moved on to the next girl

You are obsessed with me, fool. You need to move on.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    You are almost exactly like the psycho ex-gf who goes out of her way to mention and bad-mouth you to all her friends every chance she gets even months after you broke up with her and moved on to the next girl

You are obsessed with me, fool. You need to move on.

Sorry pal. Your extreme pretension when it comes to social/political matters is selfish and jeopardizes society for all of us. If you dont stop, I wont stop.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Pretty much.

It's all connected. The more greenhouse gases enter the atmosphere, the more energy gets trapped from escaping our atmosphere. The more energy gets trapped, the warmer the land/oceans/etc gets. The warmer it gets, the more evaporation you get (ice caps/glaciers melt more too so water level rises too*, further increasing evaporation). The more evaporation you get, the more precipitation you get. More precipitation means more and stronger hurricanes/typhoons. More hurricanes means more destruction of people/infrastructure/forests/wildlife/etc.

^ All of those things are positive amplifications, making matters worse for us as time passes - you never want to see runaway greenhouse effect like Venus did long time ago. Some of them also help contribute to forest fires, deforestation and desertification, which further amplifies climate change/global warming

We humans are mostly responsible for the excess greenhouse gases entering the atmosphere. It's mainly two gases causing misery due to the extreme amounts.. CO2 from coal/oil/gas and methane from excess animal breeding for our consumption. Other lesser amounts include NO2 from agriculture waste and other fluorides

*less ice caps/glacier coverage also means there is less sunlight being reflected back into space, which means more energy gets absorbed into the land/water rather than reflected back into space... one interesting fact is more evaporation results in more cloud coverage, which reflects more sunlight into space, so that results in some negative amplification but it's obviously not enough to negate overall climate change
    Last edited by bladefd; 03-07-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    No one is interested in your sex life you homo
    Of course some cun t would put a sex twist on anything , including global warming.

Rest of posts seem to be educational , and I appreciate it.

When 9/11 occurred , planes stopped flying , and pollution levels declined.

Would it not be great if every 2 weeks air flight would stop for one day ??

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]One important thing which I rarely hear mentioned is that the rate at which a piece of ice melts is naturally exponential, not constant. The more ice that melts off, the less insulated the remaining ice is, therefore what is left melts at a faster rate than it had theretofore.

This presumably applies to ice caps. Even if the surrounding environmental temperature were to remain completely constant, once the ice begins to melt it should melt with increasing rapidity.

Ice caps forming and melting has happened countless times throughout Earth