Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation OMG: Gerald Green Has Half A Finger On His Right Hand !!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually hit open layups letsdothis's Avatar

Default Re: OMG: Gerald Green Has Half A Finger On His Right Hand !!!!!!!!!!!!

a little bit late bro. i think most people already knew that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by letsdothis
    i just found out

haw did it happen??

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro
    i just found out

haw did it happen??
    http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39402

"He had his mother's class ring on and he caught it on a nail," explained his father, Gerald Sr.

Gerald was attempting to dunk on a Nerf-type hoop in his bedroom.

"They couldn't reattach it," said Gerald Sr. "They had to shave it. That was a long night. It was just a tragic time."

Young Gerald now expertly hides that ring finger on his right hand. He had to get used to playing without the tip of his finger on his shooting hand.

That may be one reason why early in his career Gerald couldn't even make the team. He was cut altogether as a freshman at Dobie High in Houston and the next year was a mid-season addition to the sophomore team.

Mr. Green was hesitant to go into much details.

When asked if the finger injury was the reason his son was cut, he said, "I'll let you put that together. ... It's just the way people perceive you."

Banned

How in the world does he palm the basketball when he dunks?

...and he shoots and makes 3s with that hand, damn...

That's very something I have personally seen. One of the best basketball players from the crew I kicked it with in high school had half a finger on one hand. I never knew for a long time, and I never really got to see it like the other kids. He always had his hand in fist shape when just standing around, really good at hiding it.

He got it from lifting a car frame up and everyone else let go and his finger got smashed.

There was also this kid about 6-8 who caught his tooth on the net and ripped out one of his two front teeth. Had this gigantic gap.

Banned

I know it's been posted many times before but:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TA0MzI-xw3c
    Pape Sow (9) making fun of Gerald's half finger

Local High School Star WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar

Pape Sow is a god.

Also, it apparently doesnt have that much affect once you get used to it. I wouldn't know but I do know there is a footballer over here(Aussie Rules) had the same finger amputated in the middle of his career and it hasnt had any affect on his skills. You can quite easily palm a ball without using the ring finger(assuming you can palm a ball in the first place) that much I can testify to.

And Yes... Old news.

A very good local player, who also played for Nike's Promotional team in the Netherlands lost his ringfinger too. He's a pointguard.

He lost it when he dunked a ball and his engagement ring got caught in the net of the basket. Scary thought: there were hundreds of people watching as it was during a showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    There was also this kid about 6-8 who caught his tooth on the net and ripped out one of his two front teeth. Had this gigantic gap.
    **** man, that's some scary stuff. I never really thought about it that way. People dunk with their heads touching the net all the time, including all those reverse dunks. Can you imagine if Vince Carter caught his ear or something on it? Damn.

Guess I'll be keeping my head well away from the net in future

Quote Originally Posted by letsdothis
    damn, i didnt kno that.......

jus makes you appreciate his game more

Quote Originally Posted by sydneyking
    I know it's been posted many times before but:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TA0MzI-xw3c
    Pape Sow (9) making fun of Gerald's half finger
    Where exactly did he make fun of it? I didn't see.

when he actually starts playing well, ESPN will do a huge story on it.

RP 4 lyfe

old news