Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: If you're into your cousin, you just might be a

Hey Jefferson, are the 72 virgins your cousins? So it's a family reunion or a sex party??

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    Are you able to admire a cousin's assets without wanting to marry and impregnate her?
    depends whether or not your mother's available.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Hey Jefferson, are the 72 virgins your cousins? So it's a family reunion or a sex party??

I remember reading someplace once that we are all 50th cousins at the very least due to a bottleneck event maybe 50,000 years ago. Our DNAs are not very diverse due to that. Not sure what to make of it or my point but I just felt like pointing that out. We all can be genetically linked back to maybe several thousand individuals

I would think that means we are losing diversity over time but I don't quite know much about genetics

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I remember reading someplace once that we are all 50th cousins at the very least due to a bottleneck event maybe 50,000 years ago. Our DNAs are not very diverse due to that. Not sure what to make of it or my point but I just felt like pointing that out. We all can be genetically linked back to maybe several thousand individuals

I would think that means we are losing diversity over time but I don't quite know much about genetics
    Through DNA testing, scientists believe every human alive can trace a common male and female ancestor in East Africa...

[Quote]
    Bustamante and his colleagues assembled a much bigger piece of the puzzle by sequencing the entire genome of the Y chromosome for 69 men from seven global populations, from African San Bushmen to the Yakut of Siberia.

By assuming a mutation rate anchored to archaeological events (such as the migration of people across the Bering Strait), the team concluded that all males in their global sample shared a single male ancestor in Africa roughly 125,000 to 156,000 years ago.

In addition, mitochondrial DNA from the men, as well as similar samples from 24 women, revealed that all women on the planet trace back to a mitochondrial Eve, who lived in Africa between 99,000 and 148,000 years ago

Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Dayuum!

Cant lie, those numbers (if true) surprised me alot, we south euro/balkan Muslims think that marrying cousins or any related in any possible way is horribly disgusting, I never heard of a Muslim marrying a cousin (coming from Balkans ex. Yugo/Bosnia/Montenegro/Croatia) until we came to Denmark... where i first met middle-east muslims, for mostly Kurdish people and Pakistanis i heard its more common.... from my personal experience i heard/saw its most common with KURDS, i knew a couple of Kurdish dudes (none of them devout/religious actually, infact they hate Muslims lol, mostly Arabs "for stealing their country")... but ofcourse ive heard about it being more common in middle-east....

Has nothing to do with religion tho, its a traditional thing i guess, but ofcourse its more common in middle-east, where most of the muslims are.....

I know also in Islam there is no objection about marrying some long relative... but ofcourse its forbidden to marry some close relative... like mother, sister, sisters daughters, foster-sister, step-daughter, grand mother? and so on lol.... and i would think a freaking cousin is a way to close relative aswell? but nah? wtf...

Still tho, those numbers.... if accurate, are pretty damn high....
    Last edited by pauk; 05-20-2019 at 04:02 PM.