Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Debate over. NBA admits missing call for SPURS.

I'm sure the Spurs would have gotten something better out of a set up play than a 3 on 1 transition break

They should admit the missed foul against Westbrook and Durant on the play as well. They should admit the violation by Ginobili, which contributed to the contact.

I don't see how or why the NBA thinks it's a good idea to retroactively officiate games.

College superstar

My thoughts from what I saw at the end of the game, and what I've seen in this thread...

1) There were likely (I didn't watch the whole game) a lot of missed calls through the entire game. Each missed, or bad, call affects the outcome.

2) The Spurs got the ball anyway, in a better situation than they would have.

3) Manu stepped over the line first.

4) Refs are not perfect; players are not perfect. When players commit a turnover, or miss a shot, we don't fine them. They get coached up on how to correct the situation. Refs should be coached up on their mistakes, not fined.

5) Going back to point 1, if the NBA wants to be open about their officiating, then they should do so throughout the entire game, and not focus on just the last two minutes. Lebron was spot on with his criticisms of this approach.

Undefeated

Here's my take...: Spurs choked. Series tied 1-1 going back to OKC (away from the hicks in San antonio)

Could've called three different things against the Spurs, and yet they still choked away the game winner

Nobody to blame but themselves. OKC beat the **** out of the Spurs and handed them their 1st home loss of the playoffs. Just goes to show what you do in the regular season means nothing. OKC is now in a very good position to make possibly the greatest upset in history, due in large part because Durant is top 10 all-time ... spurs don't have an answer; not even the back 2 back reigning DPOY can stop KD.

College superstar

People need to just stop with the Manu stepped on the line. It literally has happened 10,000 times since the last time it was called.

Its the swallowing altogether. Letting Kawhi hogtie Westbrook, an inbounder go onto the floor (its a travel too) to push a defender away, Ibaka literally tackling LMA after the Mills miss. Those were all WAY over the line.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    People need to just stop with the Manu stepped on the line. It literally has happened 10,000 times since the last time it was called.

Its the swallowing altogether. Letting Kawhi hogtie Westbrook, an inbounder go onto the floor (its a travel too) to push a defender away, Ibaka literally tackling LMA after the Mills miss. Those were all WAY over the line.
    This line of thinking is why so many players travel nowadays.

Not saying you're incorrect, but rather that's a bad argument, and a slippery slope.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    This line of thinking is why so many players travel nowadays.

Not saying you're incorrect, but rather that's a bad argument, and a slippery slope.
    I don't disagree. Its about to be what happens when the league outlaws the Hack a Deandre/Drummond too. Its going to be a tech to foul someone off the ball. You think they are going to make a lot of those calls?

Same thing goes with lane violations for FTs, etc.

There were some EGREGIOUS fouls at the end of that game. The Manu toe on the line was about 6th on the list of things that HAD to be called.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YtVQv4...le&gl=US&hl=en

That also happened. Spurs fans are idiots and there should be something done about this as well.

And Dion saw that the refs aren't make the correct call for Manu stepping over the line so he took matters into his own hands. Also if that would've been called as a violation/foul, they would've went to the replay and saw that Manu stepped over the line which would've resulted in a free throw for the Thunder or a double tech at worst.

Thunder ball again. Spurs fans should be thrilled. Last night looked hella rigged.

College superstar

I don't disagree. Its about to be what happens when the league outlaws the Hack a Deandre/Drummond too. Its going to be a tech to foul someone off the ball. You think they are going to make a lot of those calls?

There were some EGREGIOUS fouls at the end of that game. The Manu toe on the line was about 6th on the list of things that HAD to be called.
    Without having watched the end of the game, I will agree with this point. With the exception being that it was a very "black or white" call, in that there's no room for personal judgement.

That said, again, it was arguably the most minor and least "effecting" foul/call that could have been made.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Red doesn't make it out the arena alive if he made that call. Dion took matters into his own hands though. Can't blame him.

Decent playground baller

The last play had mulitple infractions by the Spurs. The thing is which rule supercedes the other, meaning do the refs whistle the foul before the inbounds since the Spurs players were mugging the OKC players, which would result in a free throw pus the ball for OKC or do the refs whistle the delay of game warning on Manu.

I think Manu was intentionally trying to get a delay of game because the Spurs wanted to see what inbounds play OKC was running. The NBA said Hardens pushoff on his game winner wasnt an offensive foul so how could an inbound passer doing the same result in an offensive foul. The NBA officials are a joke.

Who cares, Spurs lost when they went 2/16 on easy shots to start the game.

And unless they can repeat game 1 or something close to it, they'll probably be down 3-1 coming back to SA. OKC has all the momentum, the home crowd, and the home refs for the next two games.

Decent college freshman

J.A. Adande Verified account 
    ‏@jadande
    NBA says Manu stepped on line, Waiters fouled Manu, Mills fouled Adams, Kawhi fouled Russ and Ibaka fouled Aldridge. Got all that?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors
    J.A. Adande Verified account 
    ‏@jadande
    NBA says Manu stepped on line, Waiters fouled Manu, Mills fouled Adams, Kawhi fouled Russ and Ibaka fouled Aldridge. Got all that?

Mills fouled Adams? That's the only surprise to me. The others seemed pretty obvious.

Decent college freshman

Mills fouled Adams? That's the only surprise to me. The others seemed pretty obvious.
    http://official.nba.com/wp-content/u...SAS-5-2-16.pdf

Two minute report.

They even provide video. It was brief. LOL He was holding onto Adams like a Chihuahua in heat.