Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops


Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2015, 11:01 AM   #46
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,686
Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
damn dudes neggin u hard.

I def can't understand how people accepted his comeback to the Cavs, but I think the fit of Cleveland is much better than the Heat was. The Heat had star power and better D, but the way the Cavs are playing... I dunno they might even have better coaching.

I'm never gonna forget the decision or him quitting vs Boston. I'm not gonna forget him quitting on Miami either or the unbelievable scenario of him ditching Cleveland like nothing and coming back as if he never left (and the fans accepting him as if he had been off fighting in a foreign land.)

I USED TO HATE BRON BUT NOW HE'S BACK. I LOVE HIM. Even dudes on this forum. Not trying to call anyone out, but that's some bitchmade shit. If you posted about him and hating him, you need to keep hating him. Even if he's on your team. At the very least, don't embrace him. I can watch the Cavs without embracing Bron. It's just like o that guy, out there throwing passes out of bounds and shit.

-Smak


it's simple...winning cures all. Lebron's return put the Cavs back on the map, their likely going to the Finals again with him. you can hate Lebron all you want, but if you're a Cavs fan you have no choice but to embrace him and the fact that with him returning, you're once again relevant in the NBA.

everyone sees the flip/flop on Lebron on this board with many posters...those diehard Cavs fans who hated him for leaving might show a tough guy front here, but deep inside they're loving him being a Cav again.

same with Destra here, he hates Lebron now that he's no longer a Heat, even goes as far to say he prefers the Heat now that Lebron is gone and the media attention isn't around anymore. i find it bizarre because you rather no media attention and a lackluster team? or a media attention crazed Heat with Final aspirations every year?

personally, give me the shot at titles with everything involved. no better feeling that being in contention with a shot at another ring than to be on the outside looking in.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:28 PM   #47
DukeDelonte13
NBA All-star
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,096
Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
damn dudes neggin u hard.

I def can't understand how people accepted his comeback to the Cavs, but I think the fit of Cleveland is much better than the Heat was. The Heat had star power and better D, but the way the Cavs are playing... I dunno they might even have better coaching.

I'm never gonna forget the decision or him quitting vs Boston. I'm not gonna forget him quitting on Miami either or the unbelievable scenario of him ditching Cleveland like nothing and coming back as if he never left (and the fans accepting him as if he had been off fighting in a foreign land.)

I USED TO HATE BRON BUT NOW HE'S BACK. I LOVE HIM. Even dudes on this forum. Not trying to call anyone out, but that's some bitchmade shit. If you posted about him and hating him, you need to keep hating him. Even if he's on your team. At the very least, don't embrace him. I can watch the Cavs without embracing Bron. It's just like o that guy, out there throwing passes out of bounds and shit.

-Smak


Im a cavs fan. I want the best player in the league to be on my team. Am I as big of a fan as I used to be? No, but i'm very happy the cavs are contenders.

Lebron pre miami was cool, he was was this hometown hero, now he's just more of a mercenary. He came back. I don't hate the guy, but i'm not buying Lebron shoes and Lebron jerseys.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #48
FLDFSU
Local High School Star
 
FLDFSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,947
Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
Maybe he was referring to Lebron's wish of Miami drafting Napier and if he was planning to leave anyway, Lebron shouldn't push for Napier.

Or Riley could do what is best for the team and draft who HE thinks is best for Miami. GMs should not be listening to players and do their own job. If you don't want a player, don't draft him.
FLDFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:51 PM   #49
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,686
Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLDFSU
Or Riley could do what is best for the team and draft who HE thinks is best for Miami. GMs should not be listening to players and do their own job. If you don't want a player, don't draft him.

with a player like Lebron on the team, you gotta hear them out some or at least discuss the possibilities in picking him up. doubt this uncommon with susperstars in any organization and making moves.

same goes for trades and and waivers...pretty sure Lebron would of been totally against Mickey's move to dump Mike Miller last year, however uninvolved and pushed Lebron to questioning his future under the owner and if he's best for his career.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #50
FLDFSU
Local High School Star
 
FLDFSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,947
Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
with a player like Lebron on the team, you gotta hear them out some or at least discuss the possibilities in picking him up. doubt this uncommon with susperstars in any organization and making moves.

same goes for trades and and waivers...pretty sure Lebron would of been totally against Mickey's move to dump Mike Miller last year, however uninvolved and pushed Lebron to questioning his future under the owner and if he's best for his career.

Well that is fine. But then realize that Lebron's interest are not necessarily the same as the Heat or Riley's interest. If you listen to a player. That is on YOU if it does not work out.

Riley gets paid to be the GM and make basketball decisions, not Lebron, or Wade, or Bosh, or Dragic. If Riley thinks G. Dragic's brother should go, then he should go. If Dragic feels that Riley should not have traded his brother and then leaves during FA then so be it.

So good point about Mike Miller.

Everyone, players, owners, GMs, etc. should learn how to look out for No. 1. Lebron made a business decision to come to Miami. He made a business decision to leave Miami.

Riley, if this is directed at Lebron, needs to grow up and get over it.

In 3 years, if Riley had the chance to trade Lebron for Durant, he would do so. And he would probably do it without notice or apology.
FLDFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #51
Dresta
A humble prophet
 
Dresta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Medina
Posts: 10,155
Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
once Lebron decided to opt-out on his 5th year with Miami, you had to have some thought that he was on his way out...if you didn't you're the moron, as well. you basically saw how fed-up he was with the team during the Finals, same expressions he gave during his last playoff appearance verse Boston in 2010, when Boston won. he looked drained and fed up of the situation. clear signs he was thinking about leaving.

same scenario with Cleveland before he left in 2010...he refused to restructure mid-year, toured the country for a new home, yet everyone in Cleveland wants us to believe they were played. eff that!!! Cleveland played themselves thinking he was coming back...Lebron was leaving Cleveland since the mid-season, and the only way he was remaining a Cav was IF they won the title that year. if you didn't see those signs prior to the 2010 summer, you're a moron too
How does any of this change the fact that he handled yet another exit like the disloyal egomaniac he is? You can write as may paragraphs of excuses as you want, but in the end, Bron played the team he'd just been on 4 finals runs with, the same way he played the Cavs (just with better PR tactics). Man got Riley to fly out to Vegas and to sit through a whole meeting with him when he'd already written that absurd letter - just admit he's a cunt and move on with your life

I mean, are you really so stupid as to be incapable of recognising why it might be considered rude not to inform a team you shared so much success with, and which was prevented from moving in order to await your decision? The reason they thought Bron was staying was evidently that they thought he wouldn't be the same dick he was to the Cavs to them, and they were wrong. But stop denying he's a dick, christ.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #52
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,686
Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
How does any of this change the fact that he handled yet another exit like the disloyal egomaniac he is? You can write as may paragraphs of excuses as you want, but in the end, Bron played the team he'd just been on 4 finals runs with, the same way he played the Cavs (just with better PR tactics). Man got Riley to fly out to Vegas and to sit through a whole meeting with him when he'd already written that absurd letter - just admit he's a cunt and move on with your life

I mean, are you really so stupid as to be incapable of recognising why it might be considered rude not to inform a team you shared so much success with, and which was prevented from moving in order to await your decision? The reason they thought Bron was staying was evidently that they thought he wouldn't be the same dick he was to the Cavs to them, and they were wrong. But stop denying he's a dick, christ.

disloyal egomaniac? again, loyalty only applies to fans and their team, not to a player and the organization because the loyalty is NEVER reciprocal. an organization can ship a player at the latest minutes into the night without said player even being aware, but for a player to do the same to an organization is somehow disloyal.

hang your hat high on Wade for "sticking it through" (though he was shopping himself in 2010, how loyal is that to the Heat fanbase? ) but at the point where Lebron chose to opt out and not take the 20mil for his 5th year is where you can pretty much say to yourself, we have a serious chance in losing him! so for you to think he's disloyal at that point, or even the Heat front office to think that, is plainly absurd. has nothing to do with what type of person he is, he owes nothing to the Heat once he said he was opting out...same way he owed nothing to the Cavs when he didn't restructure or resign. the Heat or Cavs could try and make moves based on him resigning, but if he hasn't marked his name on that contract, cut your losses and do better next time.

Last edited by r15mohd : 04-22-2015 at 02:33 PM.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:53 PM   #53
Dresta
A humble prophet
 
Dresta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Medina
Posts: 10,155
Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Listen you utter cretin: none of what you say has anything to do with how he handled his exit in Miami, or in Cleveland - stop ignoring or simply obfuscating the point by incessantly replying to things i haven't said.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #54
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,686
Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
Listen you utter cretin: none of what you say has anything to do with how he handled his exit in Miami, or in Cleveland - stop ignoring or simply obfuscating the point by incessantly replying to things i haven't said.


everything to do with it...deny all you want tho!

rain all week in SoFlo and I'm stuck here trying to make you see the light
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy