Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Your GOAT player you've seen in real life

Sometimes your perspective changes just by seeing them perform in person

1. Kidd - Puts up 24/13/6/6 the first time I saw him. Best floor general I've seen ever. I've seen Nash and CP3, but for some reason, I just feel like Kidd had the better understanding of the game on the court. His movements were so efficient and his defensive IQ is just amazing to me. Wished I saw Stockton live...

Honorable mention:

2. KG - Saw like 20+ games when he was in Minny and the passion and heart that shine in his game is something to admire. Those thunderous dunks he through back in the days were nasty. Those blocks with emotions...the dribbling up the court like KD and Lebron mixed into one...Damn I miss him forreal. Gonna go trade for him on my 2K Wolves team now.

Default Re: Your GOAT player you've seen in real life

somebodies never seen a heat or cavs game

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings

I've seen every big name player in person since like 2004. Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Shaq, Dirk, etc. Those two I mentioned in the OP are just my favorite to watch live.

Oh and Iverson was a joy too. Probably 3rd on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings

You probably haven't neither. Pics or it didn't happen.

Never saw an NBA game live.

But this kid Brad States I played against in high school was pretty damn good. Shaky handles and streaky jump shot but 6'5, athletically built and damn could the guy run and dunk, Blake Griffin-esque windmills, between legs dunks, etc. and I'm not exaggerating. Probably the best I've ever seen.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Jordan, Kareem, Bird/Magic/Hakeem, etc...

Kobe Bryant when he was still wearing #8 during his amazing MVP-worthy 2005-06 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Kobe Bryant when he was still wearing #8 during his amazing MVP-worthy 2005-06 season.
    your avatar.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Sometimes your perspective changes just by seeing them perform in person

1. Kidd - Puts up 24/13/6/6 the first time I saw him. Best floor general I've seen ever. I've seen Nash and CP3, but for some reason, I just feel like Kidd had the better understanding of the game on the court. His movements were so efficient and his defensive IQ is just amazing to me. Wished I saw Stockton live...

Honorable mention:

2. KG - Saw like 20+ games when he was in Minny and the passion and heart that shine in his game is something to admire. Those thunderous dunks he through back in the days were nasty. Those blocks with emotions...the dribbling up the court like KD and Lebron mixed into one...Damn I miss him forreal. Gonna go trade for him on my 2K Wolves team now.
    I saw Carmelo play live a few times at MSG. I was also at a game when JR Smith dropped 34 and also a game when Iman Shumpert went 1/7 on pretty much wide open shots .

Went to a Brooklyn vs. Nets game in 2012, the rivalry was real. Some people who were sitting behind me were trash talking some Brooklyn fan a few rows down.

Been to some college games besides about 2-3 NBA games in real life. I plan to go to 2-3 a year until I can afford season tickets at MSG.

Former roommate have watched the Sixers play (whey they were decent in the 2012 playoffs) and watched the Heat in some Eastern Conference Final games vs. Pacers.

Saw a Lakers @ Bulls game in 2003, saw Kobe and Shaq..those two are probably the best players I've seen at a game.

Also saw Derrick Rose at Simeon.

Banned

Saw Durant and Lebron in person. Both suck

Tim Duncan is the greatest player I've seen on the court

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I saw Carmelo play live a few times at MSG. I was also at a game when JR Smith dropped 34 and also a game when Iman Shumpert went 1/7 on pretty much wide open shots .

Went to a Brooklyn vs. Nets game in 2012, the rivalry was real. Some people who were sitting behind me were trash talking some Brooklyn fan a few rows down.

Been to some college games besides about 2-3 NBA games in real life. I plan to go to 2-3 a year until I can afford season tickets at MSG.

Former roommate have watched the Sixers play (whey they were decent in the 2012 playoffs) and watched the Heat in some Eastern Conference Final games vs. Pacers.
    Brooklyn vs Nets game? lol...Brooklyn vs Knicks I'm assuming?

I've never been a part of a rival game besides a Packers vs Vikings game, but yeah it can get pretty hostile. Would've been super cool if I could've experienced a Bad Boy Pistons vs Bulls playoff game or Heat/Knicks back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Saw a Lakers @ Bulls game in 2003, saw Kobe and Shaq..those two are probably the best players I've seen at a game.

Also saw Derrick Rose at Simeon.
    I saw both Kobe and Shaq, but not as teammates.

Shaq's presence was very intimidating. Fans go nuts with those under the basket facials. Crazy how he got up and down the court at that size.

And for Kobe, love his game. Everyone expects him to shoot it and he just makes it look so difficult yet so smooth. I've seen Dirk do those fadeaways and he makes them look easy. It's like Bean purposely makes them look hard somehow. lol

I saw D-Rose once. He killed Minny with 3s. It was like the most effortless 30/10 game I've ever seen. K-Love is quicker in person but gotta work on his finishing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Saw Durant and Lebron in person. Both suck

Tim Duncan is the greatest player I've seen on the court

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Never saw an NBA game live.

But this kid Brad States I played against in high school was pretty damn good. Shaky handles and streaky jump shot but 6'5, athletically built and damn could the guy run and dunk, Blake Griffin-esque windmills, between legs dunks, etc. and I'm not exaggerating. Probably the best I've ever seen.
    That sucks man. I'm not so high on NBA games, but I try to see as much all-stars as possible. I got free tickets once where it was like 4-5 rows behind the scorers table and damn...too bad it was old Kidd on the Mavs, but that game was super special to me. You gotta see 1 game up close for once in your life IMO.