Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: If Melo dont take knicks to the playoffs in 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by Millslapped
    6-8
    pacers are by no means a lock
    Yeah the east is a bit sad. I see Orlando winning somewhere between 36-42 games and still making the play offs. It's a stepping stone year for us though, we will get stomped first round but it's just a sign we are moving in to a competing mode and we'll try to attract the vets we need next off season while our youth develops. Our line up still has so many question marks on how the rotations will be and who will step up but there's a lot of positives there.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Truthfully they should of switched milwaukee and memphis a long time ago. Memphis is definitely east.

Not only is Memphis in the eastern half of the U.S.,
    The Grizzlies play like an EC team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Yeah the east is a bit sad. I see Orlando winning somewhere between 36-42 games and still making the play offs. It's a stepping stone year for us though, we will get stomped first round but it's just a sign we are moving in to a competing mode and we'll try to attract the vets we need next off season while our youth develops. Our line up still has so many question marks on how the rotations will be and who will step up but there's a lot of positives there.
    i think one more trade is made here soon. either that or harkless was only freed up for a spot for harvey

They will be in the playoffs this season. Unless Melo gets hurt there's no way they're going to miss out in that shitty conference. At this point Melo HAS to feel the pressure to prove his worth, right? Then again, who knows. He may just be that lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    They will be in the playoffs this season. Unless Melo gets hurt there's no way they're going to miss out in that shitty conference. At this point Melo HAS to feel the pressure to prove his worth, right? Then again, who knows. He may just be that lazy.
    With the Knicks luck, this will be the season Melo tries super hard, but the rest of the east will magically become unshitty and the Knicks will still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3

Not only is Memphis in the eastern half of the U.S.,
    The Grizzlies play like an EC team.
    True but Grizzlies need Another go to player to give them a chance to make the finals or win a ring. If they were east then bron would have a hard ass time making the finals just to lose for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    True but Grizzlies need Another go to player to give them a chance to make the finals or win a ring. If they were east then bron would have a hard ass time making the finals just to lose for sure.
    Not necessarily. I thought they had a chance against the Warriors this year but Conley and Allen missed games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Millslapped
    i think one more trade is made here soon. either that or harkless was only freed up for a spot for harvey
    I think they already had a spot for Harvey. I could see them bringing in a big man who performs in summer league. Unless they have a buyer for Frye and are clearing room to move him as he is the one picked to be gone at the all star break to a competitor.

With the Knicks luck, this will be the season Melo tries super hard, but the rest of the east will magically become unshitty and the Knicks will still suck.
    I thought last year the east was going to magically unsuck. Remember early on when everyone was saying that FINALLY the east was looking competitive? I just don't know what the fvck is going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I thought last year the east was going to magically unsuck. Remember early on when everyone was saying that FINALLY the east was looking competitive? I just don't know what the fvck is going on there.
    Well the East wasn't too bad from say 2008-2012 or so? There were Big 3/4 Celtics, Brans Cavs and later Big 3 Heat, D12 led Magic, and the Bulls were very good in 2011 and 2012. The rest wasnt great but better than 5-8 seeds in the east were last year iirc. And that was still 4 legit teams at one time in the east.

Well the East wasn't too bad from say 2008-2012 or so? There were Big 3/4 Celtics, Brans Cavs and later Big 3 Heat, D12 led Magic, and the Bulls were very good in 2011 and 2012. The rest wasnt great but better than 5-8 seeds in the east were last year iirc. And that was still 4 legit teams at one time in the east.
    Don't forget about the mediocre hawks too.

I don't blame Melo for being lazy, given the roster around him.

He has accepted the title of 'loser'.

He will never win a ring as 'the man', and he probably will never win one at all.

He should focus on his personal brand.

NY is playing in one of the worst divisions (or the worst). second place is a lock and looking to NY roster now....with Melo having a solid year without injury they will pass raptors as well. so nearly a playoff lock due to division champion.

def. not really impressive making the playoffs dude

Man keep sticking up for him. As long as you're not putting him over Bran

Seriously though I don't even like Melo and I imagine his laziness is maddening for you guys but there's not a whole lot he could have done with some of the teammates he's played with.
    If you're calling Melo lazy, then you obviously haven't been watching.

My only beef with Melo is his lack of trust in teammates and triangle. And I can't blame him too much, either. It's make or break this season. If they fail to make playoffs, he will demand a trade next year.

I won't cry about it.

Your love of the hafling's leaf has addled your mind...