Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default *The Truth About Chris Paul*

I understand how great a player he is statistically, I also find myself mesmerized by his skillful artfully abilities on the court when he's all the way on, but lets face the truth about Chris Paul....HE'S NOT A WINNER!! I can see it in his eyes, he doesn't have the ability to lead a team to a title...He may show that "fire" in burst but on an overall consistent stand point he doesn't bring his A game and the Will to win A game with him.

Now before you start to make illogical opinions like:

Lost to the Rockets on an inferior team without HCA and with him missing the 1st 2 games.

If that series went 7, how does he lose on a better team with HCA?
    Let me tell you, he plays with a top 3 PF in Blake Griffin, yes Blake F*CKING Griffin who's a versatile big man who in the playoffs averaged 25ppg 12reb 6ast blk on 50%fg, (MONSTER NUMBERS) and a Top 3 Center in Deandre Jordan, yes Dre Day Jordan the King of rebounding and blocking shots avereging 11ppg 15reb 2blks on 71%fg only to up his scoring in the playoffs with 13ppg 13reb 2.4blks and 71%fg.....So how does he not have a team?? I didn't even mention having a All-Time great Coach in Doc, playing with one of the greatest 6th men in the game in Crawford, and having a 3pt shooter in Reddick and a defensive perimeter player who can also hit a 3 in Matt Barnes....His team has everything you needed to win a title: A defensive big man in the middle for rebounding blocking shots, a All-Star type player in who can get you 20 and 10 along with assist, a role player who can shoot the 3, a role player who can also shoot the 3 aswell as defend his position, and a 6th man who can warm up and score anytime...Give stars like Kobe, Curry, Durant and WestBrook that kind of team and you'd get titles instantly. Not with CP3 though because he's just not a winner.

It's a shame really, because tell me how many times you said to yourself "Man, if CP3 just gets agressive with his scoring here, there's no way he can be stopped"?? I've said it alot...Dude can dribble to any spot on the court he wants. With any pick he always get to within 6 to 8ft from the rim where he has an unstoppable touch jumper. I mean he's capable of putting up 42pt 10ast 4stl games in the playoffs non stop but he just flops off....I remember when he was in New Orleans and he had some memorable games vs Spurs i the playoffs, yet he then shuts himself down by not being agressive scoring in games when they need it because once again....HE's NOT A WINNER

I just see it in players eyes, yeah they can have great games with stats but at the end of the day it's that fight, even when your not scoring or assistin or watever you still do other things to win a game like rebound, defense, making your teammates believe they can't be stopped on the court, exc...Paul just doesn't have any of those qualities...So if you're a CP3 fan and your're waiting for a ring then you should keep waiting, because as long as he's the LEADER of a team he wont ever win one.

#Overrated

Default Re: *The Truth About Chris Paul*

Read the post again. I said the Clippers were worse than the WARRIORS, not the ROCKETS. We were comparing how CP3 would do on the Warriors vs how Curry would do on the Clippers.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    .His team have everything you needed to win a title
    Stopped reading after this.

Clippers pretty much had zero depth. When you're relying on guys like Austin Rivers and Big Baby in the playoffs, you're in trouble. Doc Rivers is somewhat to blame. He's apparently the coach/GM. Why do you think they went after Stephenson, etc. They lack depth tremendously and it showed in the playoffs.

His NBA career isn't over yet.

Local High School Star

A championship team has multiple perimeter, post and high low threats. Clippers only had one high low threat and one perimeter go to threat in cp3. Warriors otoh has duo backcourt threats, multiple Swiss army knives in dre and Barnes (better depth) and had high low as well as post threat in bogut, ezeli and green so you knew they were serious. Clippers had high post griffin, hack Dj and cp3 wing threat (great player but not a great wing perimeter player like durant, harden, bron etc

Quote Originally Posted by Young X

Read the post again. I said the Clippers were worse than the WARRIORS, not the ROCKETS. We were comparing how CP3 would do on the Warriors vs how Curry would do on the Clippers.
    Even if you meant THAT:

Lets say CP3 and Curry cancel themselves out:

Griffin>>>Thompson
    Jordan>>>Green
    Crawford=Iggy
    Matt Barnes=Harrison Barnes
    Reddick>Livingston
    Austin Rivers>Barbosa

Doc Rivers>>>Steve Kerr

Imagine Curry getting doubled with the Clippers??? Blake getting the ball near the top of the ft line and running it into the paint verses Green?? Or Matt Barnes getting WIDE THEE F*CK OPEN NO ONE WITHIN 8ft 3s vs Iggy Non shootin ass?? No more slow ass Andrew Bogut getting athletically sh!tted on by a 6ft8 player and a Russian, instead Jordan who can block shots and out rebound a team???

I mean seriously, If Curry was on the Clippers, they'd been the ones hoisting the title with a 4-0 sweep of the Cavs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

What a meltdown.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Even if you meant THAT:

Griffin>>>Thompson
    Jordan>>>Green
    Crawford=Iggy
    Reddick>Livingston
    Austin Rivers>Barbosa

Doc Rivers>>>Steve Kerr

Imagine Curry getting doubled with the Clippers??? Blake getting the ball near the top of the ft line and running it into the paint verses Green?? Or Matt Barnes getting WIDE THEE F*CK OPEN NO ONE WITHIN 8ft 3s vs Iggy Non shootin ass?? No more slow ass Andrew Bogut getting athletically sh!tted on by a 6ft8 player and a Russian, instead Jordan who can block shots and out rebound a team???

I mean seriously, If Curry was on the Clippers, they'd been the ones hoisting the title with a 4-0 sweep of the Cavs.

I actually tend to think CP3 is a tad over-rated by most...especially here...

But...

In what ****ing world is Jamal Crawford as valuable as Iggy? You lose all basketball credibility stating this.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I actually tend to think CP3 is a tad over-rated by most...especially here...

But...

In what ****ing world is Jamal Crawford as valuable as Iggy? You lose all basketball credibility stating this.

Exactly what I was thinking. This guy is an idiot.

/thread

I fail to see the purpose of these endlessly rehashed posts.

CP3 is a very good player. Anyone can see that.

If he wins a title, he is a "winner". If he doesn't, he's "not a winner".

Why do you PTI-motherfvckers need to keep talking about this?

Even if you meant THAT:

Griffin>>>Thompson
    Jordan>>>Green
    Crawford=Iggy
    Reddick>Livingston
    Austin Rivers>Barbosa

Doc Rivers>>>Steve Kerr

You're completely ignoring team defense. GS was the #1 defense and the Clippers were #15.

Also the Warriors had a good bench while the Clippers had the worst bench in the league. They actually played better offensively with Curry on the bench in the playoffs than on the floor.

No logical, non-biased fan thinks the Clippers were better than the Warriors last season. GS had multiple defenders and were extremely deep while the Clippers had 2 good defenders and 4 above average players overall.

"HES NOT A WINNER" what a deep analogy

If Im not mistaken, he was like the only guy who played well in that game 7? Then the refs stopped their late comeback on a Harden bailout, ON CP3 himself?

OP mega meltdown

Skip Bayless couldn't have said it better himself. You can frequently tell by looking in a players eyes who a winner is

Banned

Off Topic:

I'm predicting when Chris Paul's contract with the Los Angeles Clippers expires that he joins the New York Knicks with Carmelo Anthony as the two of them are butt buddies and will be on their last run for a championship.

Don't take this as fact, but I think Carmelo was mad that the Knicks drafted Porzingis and traded Tim Hardaway Jr. for Jerian Grant. He was mad at the KP selection because he wanted to play PF along with Chris Paul and figured the best player to be beside him is a lockdown defender (like Justice Winslow) or a rim protector (like Willie Cauley-Stein). He was mad at trading THJ for Grant because you're giving away a valuable shooter and athlete for a guy that plays the same position as Chris Paul.

Crawford = iggy?

Kill yourself op