Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Heat sign Ronny Turiaf

He is not that good, but he'll fit in perfectly with Miami's Big Three entourage.

I really don't know his worth. But I think he'll do a fine job. If he plays like Joel, he might someday get the second spot over Pittman. 11.9trb%? Needs to improve that. That's barely over Joel's 10.9trb%.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    I really don't know his worth. But I think he'll do a fine job. If he plays like Joel, he might someday get the second spot over Pittman. 11.9trb%? Needs to improve that. That's barely over Joel's 10.9trb%.

HE will be in the Rotation from Jumpstreet my Dude..

Joel Anthony 2.0

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Joel Anthony 2.0

Except a He is 2 or 3 inches taller with a little better offensive game..

Look, for any other teams this is a whatever signing. But Miami is a different type of team and having someone like Turiaf means more to them. You guys should just have watched the catastrophe that is Eddy Curry and Dexter Pittman yesterday. Those dudes have no idea what the hell is going on.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Some stats comparing Joel and Turiaf...

Offensive Reb. % / Defensive Rebound % / Block %
    Joel: 9.7 / 12.2 / 5.8
    Turiaf: 7.0 / 16.7 / 5.5

Per 36 stats:
    Points / Rebounds / Assists / Blocks
    Joel: 5.0 / 6.6 / 0.5 / 2.1
    Turiaf: 10.5 / 7.6 / 3.1 / 2.7

IMO, Joel is better defensively, at least in regards to moving his feet and covering a lot of ground, which is important in the Heat's D. Turiaf is obviously better on offense (who isn't), slightly better with defense boards, and fairly equal as a shot blocker.

It's a perfect signing as a backup, b/c Pittman and Curry were awful, and you need at least one backup in case people get in foul trouble. Ideally, he can play 10-15, Joel 20+, Bosh/Haslem 10 at the C spot.

Best thing about this whole thing though is that it will be awesome to see Turiaf's reactions to the amazing plays by Lebron, Bosh and Wade.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Best thing about this whole thing though is that it will be awesome to see Turiaf's reactions to the amazing plays by Lebron, Bosh and Wade.
    Obligatory gif.

"I'm so glad my Miami Heat signed Ronny Turiaf. You know why? Because it was for the minimum. Good job gettin' er done, Pat Riley!"

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

I'm happy about this signing. Turiaf is listed at 6'10 which is at least an inch taller than Joel. And Turiaf can finish easy dishes at the rim better than Joel can.

Joel/Turiaf/Pittman/Curry > Joel/Magloire/Dampier/Juwan Howard

But either way, the C will not be the reason the Heat win or lose games in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets

Joel/Turiaf/Pittman/Curry

"Excuse me, Mr. Jerome James?........You have a call from a 'Pat Riley' on Line 1.....I'll watch your sandwich for you."

Banned

They need another scrambler up front so this is a nice pickup. He can also pick a fight with one of the other team's big guys to get them thrown out or suspended so that's another plus come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    I'm happy about this signing. Turiaf is listed at 6'10 which is at least an inch taller than Joel. And Turiaf can finish easy dishes at the rim better than Joel can.

Joel/Turiaf/Pittman/Curry > Joel/Magloire/Dampier/Juwan Howard

But either way, the C will not be the reason the Heat win or lose games in the playoffs.
    Well, actually in the Playoffs it'll probably be Joel, Bosh, Turiaf sharing time at the C spot. Curry and Pittman are a walking disaster and should be kept off the floor if possible

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salazaar
    Well, actually in the Playoffs it'll probably be Joel, Bosh, Turiaf sharing time at the C spot. Curry and Pittman are a walking disaster and should be kept off the floor if possible
    I'm not comfortable with Bosh playing the center against teams where we're outsized against. Namely, the Bulls, Lakers, and possibly OKC. I'm fine with giving Bosh minutes against even above average rebounding teams at the center spot. But essentially all we need from Pittman and Curry is to box out and take up space on the defensive end. I don't mind playing them 4-8 mins a game against bigger teams.