Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Ray Allen once said Kobe, "needed 2.5 stars to win a ring".. remind you of anyone??

Bosh, Wade + veteran role players = 2.5

Irving, Love + veteran role players = 2.5

The only superstar who didn't need it... Kawhi Leonard

Default Re: Ray Allen once said Kobe, "needed 2.5 stars to win a ring".. remind you of anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    Bosh, Wade + veteran role players = 2.5

Irving, Love + veteran role players = 2.5

The only superstar who didn't need it... Kawhi Leonard
    is 8ppg in the finals from Love superstar production?

Default Re: Ray Allen once said Kobe, "needed 2.5 stars to win a ring".. remind you of anyone??

Kawhi the only NBA superstar who needed 0 lottery picks (including himself) to get it done. That bald phaggit MJ couldn't even accomplish that feat. Remarkable. GOATwhi

Kawhi never went 1-9 in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    is 8ppg in the finals from Love superstar production?
    Who said superstar? Kevin Love is an All Star who was a consistent #1 on bad teams. You sound dumb

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

kawhi was playing with parker, manu and duncan during his first ring

kawhi then proceeded beat a team that had the best player out for the whole series except for 12 minutes gametime

I'd say he's more lucky than good. he's still good.

Kawhi 2014 - 1 All-Star teammate
    LeBron 2016 - 0 All-Star teammate
    Kawhi 2019 - 1 All-Star teammate

I can't say I see your point OP

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Steph needs 3 and a half to win a ring. He is basically a 4th option guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Kawhi 2014 - 1 All-Star teammate
    LeBron 2016 - 0 All-Star teammate
    Kawhi 2019 - 1 All-Star teammate

I can't say I see your point OP
    How convenient you don't mention the 2 other rings LeBron had w All Stars

Quote Originally Posted by nashwade
    kawhi was playing with parker, manu and duncan during his first ring

kawhi then proceeded beat a team that had the best player out for the whole series except for 12 minutes gametime

And LeBron had WADE and BOSH and Allen (3 Hall of Famers let alone "All Stars") during his 2 real rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    How convenient you don't mention the 2 other rings LeBron had w All Stars
    Didn't need to, Bron has won without an All-Star teammate. Kawhi hasn't, next question.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Teams were less talented then. Maybe more talented than their numbers considering the defenses played then relative to today....but still less talented because the modern style CBA was new, salary caps were smaller, and the teaming up had not really began.

That was around the time having just one other star to play with was really rare. A lot of players were bitter over Kobe having had Shaq so long. Ray is talking about a time where the only people who had high end #2s had Glenn Robinson, Finley, Peja and Antione Walker. Walker was the highest scoring #2 in the league....other than the Shaq/Kobe duo.

The early 2000s Lakers had that advantage over everyone. Everyones elses duo would be a star and a really good player. Or just two low end stars. Shaq/Kobe had eachother.

Oddly the closest anyone came to having 3 legit stars? Maybe Ray on the Bucks who had himself, Glenn, and Cassell....them and the Mavs.

But none of those teams had anyone called a superstar other than their #1. Nash wasnt considered great till the rule changes opened up the game.

Tmac....Ray....AI...Vince...Stackhouse..Pierce...a ll of them were jealous of Shaq. Ray made a big deal of it when Shaq was gone and the Lakers won 35-42 games for 3 years and missed/did nothing in the playoffs like all the others used to do on their own.

They had a little beef that isnt talked about often. One of the first over used gifs on here was Kobe blocking Ray in what I think was a preseason game.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Remind me of anyone? Yeah, Ray Allen

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    Remind me of anyone? Yeah, Ray Allen

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Teams were less talented then. Maybe more talented than their numbers considering the defenses played then relative to today....but still less talented because the modern style CBA was new, salary caps were smaller, and the teaming up had not really began.

That was around the time having just one other star to play with was really rare. A lot of players were bitter over Kobe having had Shaq so long. Ray is talking about a time where the only people who had high end #2s had Glenn Robinson, Finley, Peja and Antione Walker. Walker was the highest scoring #2 in the league....other than the Shaq/Kobe duo.

The early 2000s Lakers had that advantage over everyone. Everyones elses duo would be a star and a really good player. Or just two low end stars. Shaq/Kobe had eachother.

Oddly the closest anyone came to having 3 legit stars? Maybe Ray on the Bucks who had himself, Glenn, and Cassell....them and the Mavs.

But none of those teams had anyone called a superstar other than their #1. Nash wasnt considered great till the rule changes opened up the game.

Tmac....Ray....AI...Vince...Stackhouse..Pierce...a ll of them were jealous of Shaq. Ray made a big deal of it when Shaq was gone and the Lakers won 35-42 games for 3 years and missed/did nothing in the playoffs like all the others used to do on their own.

They had a little beef that isnt talked about often. One of the first over used gifs on here was Kobe blocking Ray in what I think was a preseason game.

So we're just gonna sit here and act like the Spurs and Kings did not exist back during that time...got it.