Saw a basketball once

Question Has Devin Booker has hit the Rookie Wall?

This kid can't hit the backside of a barn right now! Horrible shooting slump. His game needs some major fixing. He can't defend, he can't create his own shot, he can't penetrate to the basket and this is the player you Suns fans said was Untouchable during this past trade deadline.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Default Re: Has Devin Booker has hit the Rookie Wall?

Must admit he really played like shit after the all star break.

Though, on paper, he's still the ideal player to pair up with Bledsoe. His stroke is clean and he's shown good sense for passing the basketball. He got length which separate him from Branon Knight.

However he's 19 and I think the organisation is expecting too much from him, much because they have nothing left to get the fans excited about, so they went the distance to hype Booker up. The Suns are also bothered by injuries, and since the break where he made a little name for himself, teams are now guarding him differently. Plus the fact that we got no one to take attention away for D.Book to operate.
    Who are the opposing teams going to prep their scouting report for? Ronnie Price? PJ Tucker? Jon Leuer? or the bunch of d.leaguer the Suns give up 10 days contracts to? Best pieces we have left that can put up some points are Alex Len and Mirza. The kid got to learn how to play through this stretch though. Whether he will be better than good, I think it's hard to judge for now. I still think he can potentially be a very good player, I might eat crow but I standby that opinion for now.

and back to OP, he's still the most untouchable piece on this Suns team, at least not until we see how he will come to perform after we got better pieces in place.

I hope the kid pick it up soon.
    Last edited by livingby3's; 03-02-2016 at 04:59 AM.

His development hasn't been so smooth, until Markieff was traded the locker room was in strife. He is still the youngest player in the league and still adjusting. I may be biased but I still think he is "untouchable" on this Suns team. This season is lost for them anyway, just let him gun.

With his stroke he'll be valuable forever. Lots of rookies hit periods like this. He'll recover. Poor man's Brad Beal IMO (less athletic)

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Isn't there a statistic that shows players shooting worse during the 2nd half after entering the 3pt contest?

Obviously it isn't affecting elite guys like Curry but I could imagine a rookie having a hard time recovering from altering his form for the all star break when he had a decent in game rhythm going for him.

I still think he is too soft mentally to develop into a dominant force, but 15 ppg on high efficiency seems very realistic with a better team and more experience.

Ball handling and defense should be his first priority once the season ends

Quote Originally Posted by wobcommish
    This kid can't hit the backside of a barn right now!