Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Why did Lebron-led Cavs fail to win the title?

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Wade isn't dumb, he saw the writing on the wall so he pursued and convinced LBJ to join him in Miami. He knew when LBJ reached his peak, he wasn't going to beat him so he gave up his alpha dog status on his team to have LeBron on his side. Current LeBron destroys current Wade if they are on opposing teams. LBJ is looking to add his name to at least top 5 GOAT while Wade is lucky to crack top 25...

This is Bron's time now.

I disagree with all this. Wade joined with LeBron for the same reason LeBron joined with Wade. It was nothing to do with writing on the wall. If it was then it wouldn't have taken almost two years (i.e. Wade being injured throughout last season) for Wade to take a step back.

Wade would step up to LeBron and that would be a matchup. And, like I said, the Heat would likely be clearly better than Cleveland, from #2 on.

Banned

The 2009 and 2010 LeBron-lead Cavs had enough talent to make it to the Finals. But winning it all, and against the Lakers(a powerhouse at the time), I don't think so. They lack the mental toughness that a true title contending team has.

In 2009 series vs Magic, nobody helped out LeBron. The 2010 Boston series, once LeBron quit everybody else followed.

LeBron definitely needed Wade and Riley to get him over that mental blockage. Sure, LeBron has taken over the #1 option slot for Miami but I'm pretty sure behind the scenes, Wade is the emotional/mental #1 option leader on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I disagree with all this. Wade joined with LeBron for the same reason LeBron joined with Wade. It was nothing to do with writing on the wall. If it was then it wouldn't have taken almost two years (i.e. Wade being injured throughout last season) for Wade to take a step back.

Wade would step up to LeBron and that would be a matchup. And, like I said, the Heat would likely be clearly better than Cleveland, from #2 on.
    Agree to disagree

They just weren't deep enough as a team. They played great team defense, but you're not going to win a title when your best players after LeBron are Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, Anderson Varejao, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Drew Gooden, Boobie Gibson, Damon Jones, and Anthony Parker.

College superstar

Now people use the "not enough help" excuse but LeBron fan boys and Cavs fans and most fans in general were singing a very different tune before being upset by the Celtics.

Shaq+Lebron on the same team=championship. A dominant post player is the missing piece in the puzzle for Cavs.
    Cavs were a top 4 team this year with a horrible Frontcourt and if U add the Greatest Center of all time who is past his prime but still a top 5 Center in the league who can gaurd Howard,Bynam Ect.. to a year better Lebron and probably another addition via MLE Cavs would be in great Shape as long as everyone is healthy.

Shaq Would Muscle Howard righht out of the blocks ie: Perkins except with Longer reach to effect his hooks. He would also teach that young cat Bynam how its done. Were u watching Shaq this year he played his best ball in the past 3 years and would be a Legit 16 and 10 a night for the Cavs but also provide leadership. Anyway U slice it He is a huge upgrade from Z or Wallace on Both Ends as Cavs get a post scorer Rebounder and Also a BIg Who can Gaurd any real Post man in the NBA. What also happens is Z would than become a bench Center(where he belongs) basically splitting minutes with Shaq and it would keep both fresher for Playoff run. Best part of the Whole thing is Cavs would still be able to sign a big name FA in 2010 so it helps them now and in future.

So is this a sure thing now? Jamison is officially on the Cavs?

If so, damn that's a good team. Lakers vs. Cavs is going to be so exciting.

Oh shit Cleveland is the clear favorite now, will the Wizards buy out Z so he can return to the Cavs?
    The tools are there now Lebron....

Shaq
    Jamison
    Lebron
    Parker
    Williams

Bench:
    Hickson
    West
    Gibson
    Telfair
    Varejao
    Z
    Powe (coming back from injury)

WOW...deepest team in the league? Cavs-Lakers will be epic.
    if Z gets bought out, then its over, this team will be completely stacked, the second unit alone is fkn scary, telfair jawad williams jamario moon hickson and Z, very young team cept for Z. im just worried now that the cavs are too stacked, if anyone understands that.
    Wow! Cavs are a much better team now with Jamison and they didn't have to give up Hickson. I was hoping the Cavs get Amare so he can screw them over. With Jamison, he can fit into any team perfectly so he won't have any trouble fitting in the Cavs in the mid-season. And just as I thought Ferry was a retarded GM, he's looking like the executive of the year already.
    The Cavs made off like bandits

Congrats to Lebron on MVP (and scoring title?) # 2, and championship (and finals MVP) #1
    Cavs officially the team to beat in the East and Maybe the NBA. They are sooo deep wonder who will be losing out on minutes ?
    Lebron just got EXACTLY what he needed to win it all. Better fit than Amare.
    ...and Big Z will be back in a month.
    crazy.

they have to be the favorites now.
    This deal was great for the Cavs, they keep all their players and get Jamison for a 30th pick and they also get Telfair. It doesnt matter about all the other stuff you guys are talking about with defense and him being nothing more than shooter. Jamison adds another legit 20 ppg scorer with the ability to shoot and score in multiple ways and you get him FOR NOTHING is great.He isnt a big personality and doesnt have character issues.Forget his defense his offense is what gets him paid. Defense isnt a problem with AV and Powe backing him up.
    Laker fans r testy.. Cavs beat them twice already pre-Jamison..once they get Z back will be same team + Jamison...I think the Lakers r too soft for the Cavs...it is Cleveland's yr..
    With Jamison on board, the Cavs have the best roster in the East, and they should win the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Now people use the "not enough help" excuse but LeBron fan boys and Cavs fans and most fans in general were singing a very different tune before being upset by the Celtics.

bet some of those were from Lebron23

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    The Celtics were a much better team. That is why the Cavs couldn't beat them.
    And there it is. Plan and simple. Sometimes you run into a team that is just better in every phase of the game.