Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Default Re: Swap Wade & Kobe in '09 & '10

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    you're comparing a 6 game playoff and a 7 game playoff to a 23 game span and another 23 game span..

and i've been talking playoff stats the entire time.. my initial post was about playoff stats.. not "shifting" anything

it was Young X who "shifted" to regular season stats when he brought up Kobe 02..

and then he looked like a dumbass because Kobe shot significantly better on even more attempts come playoff time
    Wade is a career .326 in the playoffs; Kobe is a career .331.

you really thought you were slick trying to say Kobe shot 25% in 02, check the playoff stats next time before coming off like a dumbass

and cool, wade shot 40% over 7 games, doesn't mean he can sustain that over a championship run while still shooting 6-7 threes per game

in fact.. the very next year in 2011 over a 21 game span.. Wade shot 27% on less than 3 attempts per game..

so there goes that..
    And Kobe shot 29% on 4.
    Last edited by Inactive; 10-22-2014 at 09:35 PM.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    Wade is a career .326 in the playoffs; Kobe is a career .331.
    you're not helping your point..

Wade shoots less than 2 threes per game in the playoffs for his career..

Kobe shoots 4 threes per game for his playoff career..

not to mention Kobe has 70 more playoff games played

During Wade's last championship run he shot 0.2 threes per game..

you really thought you were slick trying to say Kobe shot 25% in 02, check the playoff stats next time before coming off like a dumbass

and cool, wade shot 40% over 7 games, doesn't mean he can sustain that over a championship run while still shooting 6-7 threes per game
    I didn`t know we were just talking about playoff stats. You got me.

They both faced the same Celtics team in 2010. Wade played significantly better and shot 9% higher from 3 on the same amount of attempts. Talk about it.

you're not helping your point..

Wade shoots less than 2 threes per game in the playoffs for his career..

Kobe shoots 4 threes per game for his playoff career..

not to mention Kobe has 70 more playoff games played

During Wade's last championship run he shot 0.2 threes per game..
    You're saying Wade's numbers in 09 and 10 don't count, because he didn't play enough games. His career numbers don't count, because he doesn't attempt enough. Regular season numbers don't count. So what numbers are we allowed to use to compare them?

And Kobe shot 29% on 4.
    okay

When Wade has gone on long playoff his three point attempts are always under 3 attempts per game. His highest during a finals run was 2.5 in 2011..

Wade has never sustained his "40% 3pt shooting on 7 attempts per game" over the course of a long playoff run because he can't..

Kobe has b2b championship runs where he shot 35%+ on 5-6 three point attempts per game

so i'm not really sure the point you're trying to make..

that Wade could sustain those %'s while still attempting 7 threes per game over a 20+ game playoff run? Because there is absolutly nothing to suggest that, and is actually the opposite of how he's played during his finals runs..

You're saying Wade's numbers in 09 and 10 don't count, because he didn't play enough games. His career numbers don't count, because he doesn't attempt enough. Regular season numbers don't count. So what numbers are we allowed to use to compare them?
    when did i say they don't count?

i'm saying that using a 7 game span from a losing series to try and show that he could sustain those numbers over a 20+ game finals run is absolutly ridiculous..

it's completely silly to compare %'s from a 7 game span and compare it to a 23 game span where the competition is getting increasingly harder

look at his actual 20+ game playoff runs.. his 3pt attempts are nowhere close to what they were in 09 & 10

it's just not how he plays

the only time he's attempted more than 2 threes per game over a long playoff run he shot 27%..

Wade doesn't even like to shoot 3's
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 10-22-2014 at 09:52 PM.

can someone post 09 wade stats?

I hate the dude but who here really believes the lakers wouldn't have won in 09 with wade?

I'm not sure why people are focusing on 3 point shooting. Jordan wasn't a good 3 point shooter and '09 and '10 Wade is probably the closest we've seen to first 3peat Jordan in terms of playing styles. I have no doubt Phil would have made it work and taken full advantage of Wade's strengths.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I'm not sure why people are focusing on 3 point shooting. Jordan wasn't a good 3 point shooter and '09 and '10 Wade is probably the closest we've seen to first 3peat Jordan in terms of playing styles. I have no doubt Phil would have made it work and taken full advantage of Wade's strengths.
    Haven't you been listening to Mark Madsen...genius expert on the Triangle offense?... He has no idea what he is talking about as far as the triangle offense. Wade being a 3pt shooter doesn't matter in the Triangle offense. The Triangle is not for your stars...it's for your role players. Neither Jordan nor Pippen were shooting 3pters in the first 3peat and they did just fine. Must have been a miracle that the 91, 92 Bulls won it all then using the triangle since nobody even averaged one 3pt make during the regular season or playoffs.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-22-2014 at 10:08 PM.

when did i say they don't count?

i'm saying that using a 7 game span from a losing series to try and show that he could sustain those numbers over a 20+ game finals run is absolutly ridiculous..

it's completely silly to compare %'s from a 7 game span and compare it to a 23 game span where the competition is getting increasingly harder

look at his actual 20+ game playoff runs.. his 3pt attempts are nowhere close to what they were in 09 & 10

it's just not how he plays

the only time he's attempted more than 2 threes per game over a long playoff run he shot 27%..

Wade doesn't even like to shoot 3's
    He had two 20+ game playoff runs when he was relatively healthy. He shot 38% in one (2006), and 27% in the other (2011). Kobe shot just as badly in 2011, and 2012. Kobe shot just as badly for his career.

They've each had 5 20+ game playoff runs in their careers. Kobe averaged .325 in his. Wade averaged .318 in his.

Wade shot 36-40% on 7+ attempts, two years in a row. Those are the only years he attempted more than 2.5 shots. Those are also the years in which he attempted career high regular season 3PA, so it's not a coincidence that he took more in the playoffs. Those happen to the two years we're comparing.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    can someone post 09 wade stats?

I hate the dude but who here really believes the lakers wouldn't have won in 09 with wade?
    30.2/5/7.5 2.2 steals 1.3 blocks .491/.317 shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Lmfao..Paul and Howard are not winning on those 2009 and 2010 teams. Even if you change the roster style to fit Dwight. And Dirk is no guarantee either, although I could see him winning in 2009.

Is CP3 putting up 34/6/6/1/1 on 63% TS in the 2009 WCF? Or 32/6/7/1/1 on 53% TS in the finals?

Is CP3 putting up 34/7/8/1/1 on 64% TS in the 2010 WCF? And people trash Kobe's 2010 Finals because of that game 7...but he did put up 30/7/4/2/1 on 56% TS over the first 6 games..not sure CP3 does that against that Celtics team.
    CP3 is putting up 22/6/13 with superior defense while shitting on Kobe's efficiency

You think he gets outplayed by Nash?

His control of the game would make sure of everything...

I didn't realize you were such a stat whore tbh. You thinks so little about the game besides what the box score tells you.

CP3 won't ever put up that many ppg, but baskets can be created by the unit... Paul won't be the one finishing it, but he'll give you 12+ apg on those Laker teams while contributing with 20 something points.

Pretty sure LeBron/Wade/Dirk/Paul win with those teams... Howard is hard because you'd need to flip the strength of those bigs on guards... Say for Gasol, he gets, Rondo... About 2rd aswell among PG's (2010), and similar league-wide... Then another all-around hydro ala Odom, or KEEP Odom?

That's another team that could very well compete for the title...

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    CP3 is putting up 22/6/13 with superior defense while shitting on Kobe's efficiency

You think he gets outplayed by Nash?

His control of the game would make sure of everything...

I didn't realize you were such a stat whore tbh. You thinks so little about the game besides what the box score tells you.

CP3 won't ever put up that many ppg, but baskets can be created by the unit... Paul won't be the one finishing it, but he'll give you 12+ apg on those Laker teams while contributing with 20 something points.

Pretty sure LeBron/Wade/Dirk/Paul win with those teams... Howard is hard because you'd need to flip the strength of those bigs on guards... Say for Gasol, he gets, Rondo... About 2rd aswell among PG's (2010), and similar league-wide... Then another all-around hydro ala Odom, or KEEP Odom?

That's another team that could very well compete for the title...
    LOL at you calling me a stat whore...except just yesterday you were talking up last year's Dwight as a top 5 player just because of his "efficiency"..and blatantly went against everything that was said by people who actually watched him.

And we're not talking about CP3's regular season.

CP3 actually played the 2009 Nuggets that Kobe absolutely destroyed for 34/6/6 on 63% TS....CP3 gave them 17/10 on 51% TS and got blown out 4 times in 5 games..including a monstrous 4 point performance in a 58 point slaughter. He's not even on the same planet as Kobe that year as far as playoff performance goes. Get your biases out of this.

And no, I don't think CP3 on the 2010 Lakers is beating that Suns team, and he is DAMN SURE not taking out the Celtics. No chance in hell. Again, I love how you throw out stats all the time, but the one time it doesn't work in your favor, you accuse people of being "stat whores". The fact of the matter is CP3 isn't touching Kobe's 2010 WCF of 34/7/8 on 64% TS and elite clutch play...he's just not doing it.

And 2009-2010 Dwight and Rondo aren't winning either. Nope. Dwight had a terrific cast around him in 2009..they had a terrific coach that knew how to coach around Dwight, and they surrounded him with shooters everywhere. We really gonna act like 18 ppg peak Rashard Lewis, 17 ppg peak Hedo, 17 ppg peak Jameer is some pile of trash now? They built a pretty good team around Dwight..and he came up short. Was absolutely shut down in the finals and turned into purely a rebounder and defender.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 10-22-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Right, lets judge CP3 based on 5 1st round games....

Kobe sucked epically in the 1st round of 2010, but his team was capable of overcoming him...

What do you mean "efficiency" ? Who puts that in "" ? Lmfao...

Just another stan despising FG% and "efficiency"...

Big thanks for pointing out his 4-pointer, alters the overall statistics... Stats in a 58 point loss....

Why are you even talking about Paul through 5 games here? Lets do the same for 2009 Wade, right?

Paul was a MONSTER in the regular season.... THROUGH 82 GAMES.

23/6/11/3 on 50% FIELD GOAL

Put up better stats than Wade ffs...

In every pro argument I've seen you in... "X isn't replacing Kobe's..." Nitpicking at its finest. They dont need to replace those exact stats... Learn something about basketball, then get back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Right, lets judge CP3 based on 5 1st round games....

Kobe sucked epically in the 1st round of 2010, but his team was capable of overcoming him...

What do you mean "efficiency" ? Who puts that in "" ? Lmfao...

Just another stan despising FG% and "efficiency"...

Big thanks for pointing out his 4-pointer, alters the overall statistics... Stats in a 58 point loss....

Why are you even talking about Paul through 5 games here? Lets do the same for 2009 Wade, right?

Paul was a MONSTER in the regular season.... THROUGH 82 GAMES.

23/6/11/3 on 50% FIELD GOAL

Put up better stats than Wade ffs...

In every pro argument I've seen you in... "X isn't replacing Kobe's..." Nitpicking at its finest. They dont need to replace those exact stats... Learn something about basketball, then get back to me.
    He was an absolute monster in the regular season. No one was disputing that.

I just want to know where was that in the playoffs?

I know for a fact that when Lebron, Kobe, Durant as of recently put huge numbers in the regular season and underperform in the playoffs, they get TORN TO SHREDS. Durant put up ****ing 33/10/5/1/1 on 61% TS against the Clippers with 39/16/5 in the closeout game...and people still clowned him hard for that series because of some stupid meme about Paul guarding him.

Why the double standard for CP3 here? Are we not talking about playoffs here?

The funniest thing is that if Kobe in 2009 put up a 4 point game in a 58 point loss, a 14 point game in a 15 point loss, a 21 point game (37% FG) in a 29 point less...all in the same series....and not just that but in the first round, you would be one of the first if not THE first guy to spam this board and rip him apart.

Once again, I find it amusing how you don't see how thoroughly transparent your agenda is.

Not sure about Wade, but I can at least entertain the thought. Dude was a beast back then. But Howard and Paul? Come on now, those guys were one tier below Kobe, Wade, and Bran. Wasn't 09 the year CP3 got blown out by 60 at HOME in the playoffs?

Hell, CP3 hasn't even made the WCF with this Clippers team. Why not? You could make the case Paul wasn't even the best player on his team last year. Kobe didn't have any more help in 09 and 10 than Paul has had the last few years. You know what the difference is? He's just not as good or dominant as prime Kobe was. No shame in it. Guy is a great player, one of the best PG's of his generation...but not in the same tier as Kobe.