Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Wade falling apart at 30, while Kobe at 34 ....

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

pretty much nobody in the nba should be compared with kobe

whether it be what hes done or what hes doing right now at his age. no one in the league can touch it with a 10 foot pole

nobodies like kobe. nobody in the league will even come close to his 5 titles. let alone jordans 6

and nobody will ever come close to the longevity kobe has.

after kobe breaks kareems record. itel never be broken again because highschool to nba was banned and the best players coming up are nearly entirely dependant on flashy non fundimental body dominance and physical advantages.

and the bigger you are the harder/faster your body slows and forces you become a post player

i dont see much of a banging post game out of durant. and when his speed is gone. hes finished. same for lebron... and wades already done
    Don't wake the kids up. They haven't seen any player's entire career played out. They think when you are on top of the world, you stay there.

These kids are the same kids who watched vince carter win those dunk contests and think he is the next jordan.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Well, it's not like anybody will idolize Tim Duncan, even though they could learn a lot of fundamentals from him.

I can get Kobe (sort off), but Melo and Pierce over Duncan in terms of fundamentals ?
    Never said OVER Tim Duncan, just forgot to add his name. But then again most young players coming up will be from the 1 to 3 positions; most people arent 6"11 so watching Duncan wouldnt be necessary.

Since were on the topic Webber back in his Sactown days would be a great big man for kids to idolize also. High and low post, above average ball handling which allowed him to take slower big guys off the dribble, the court vision etc

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

pretty much nobody in the nba should be compared with kobe

whether it be what hes done or what hes doing right now at his age. no one in the league can touch it with a 10 foot pole

nobodies like kobe. nobody in the league will even come close to his 5 titles. let alone jordans 6

and nobody will ever come close to the longevity kobe has.

after kobe breaks kareems record. itel never be broken again because highschool to nba was banned and the best players coming up are nearly entirely dependant on flashy non fundimental body dominance and physical advantages.

and the bigger you are the harder/faster your body slows and forces you become a post player

i dont see much of a banging post game out of durant. and when his speed is gone. hes finished. same for lebron... and wades already done
    I disagree with the part about Durant though.
    He has his height and his jumpshot. If anything he'll go down the path of Kobe, and not like Wade/Bron.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Yea Wade is not playing like himself, and he's injury prone. but he's still more unselfish than Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Damn OTH I thought you were a good Lakers fan. Just another mamba apostle after all. We get it "Be" is the "GOAT GAWD".

Nah..

I think you're just biased. (Happens to haters)

He said to ignore the "who is better" debate,
    Just simply look at how they are performing.

One guy, should be priming it, is looking like a shell of his former self.

While the other guy, who should look like a shell of his former self, is looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Nah..

I think you're just biased. (Happens to haters)

He said to ignore the "who is better" debate,
    Just simply look at how they are performing.

One guy, should be priming it, is looking like a shell of his former self.

While the other guy, who should look like a shell of his former self, is looking great.
    Of course I'm biased, everyone on this whole damn site is to some extent outside of a very few select posters. Of course Kobe is better than Wade right now, that's not exactly hard, though.

Damn OTH I thought you were a good Lakers fan. Just another mamba apostle after all. We get it "Be" is the "GOAT GAWD".
    you were supposed to be a tmac fan but you were unmasked to be another stupidass lebron fan so you of all people can't talk.

I think wade is just coasting and leaving himself healthy for the playoffs. Well see in April who's done and who's not. Wade is still a beast now though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    you were supposed to be a tmac fan but you were unmasked to be another stupidass lebron fan so you of all people can't talk.

I think wade is just coasting and leaving himself healthy for the playoffs. Well see in April who's done and who's not. Wade is still a beast now though...
    *****, don't tell me who I am. T-Mac is my boy for life, no one talks about him on here except for me and a few other posters. LeBron is my 2nd favorite and he is incredibly relevant, so of course I'm going to talk more about him.

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

No way my man Kobe Bean catches Kareem. No way.

Of course I'm biased, everyone on this whole damn site is to some extent outside of a very few select posters. Of course Kobe is better than Wade right now, that's not exactly hard, though.
    For me, it should have been hard. Outside of a select few years, they've been very close to each other IMO.

They should still be the top 2 SG's in the game, trying to duke it out for #1 SG spot.

I hate that these threads are still here to remind us of it over and over again, like damn...

The reason why Wade falling apart at age 30 is LeBron.. LeBron is a bad teammate, he doesnt motivate his team.. This thing will happen when you have the same work ethic as LeBron..

He doesnt help his team in practice or makes them work hard.. He just let them do what they want thats why Wade is already satisfied in what he has right now.. Dude is no longer interest to be the best and already content to be a 2nd fiddle..

Unlike Kobe who makes his teammate better, motivates them to work harder and makes them to have a goal as a player.. Just like what happened to Shaq before he joined Kobe, Shaq was a lazy ass bummed who doesnt care about winning and Kobe turn him into a monster inside the court.. After Shaq left the Lakers, he return back to his former self with no motivation and goal as basketball player..

This is what a leader like Kobe can do to a team, player or even coach.. He makes Shaq a top 10 player, makes Phil a GOAT coach and turn the Lakers into another dynasty.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    I say Kobe had some illegal procedures done on him.
    Wade is dumb enough not to follow suit.
    Yeah, wade doesn't use HGH...

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Since were on the topic Webber back in his Sactown days would be a great big man for kids to idolize also. High and low post, above average ball handling which allowed him to take slower big guys off the dribble, the court vision etc
    I agree. KG and the Gasol brothers come to mind too.

Wish there was a video on fundamental post move drills by Kevin McHale, though.

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

In order to do that youd have to teleport Magic fresh outta Michigan state onto this Lakers team can you imagine guys like Artest trying to keep up with him on the break ahaha? Kobe will never have the post up game and the freakish length/ size/accuracy advantage(skyhook come on now) Kareem was blessed with. It was automatic those last few years even though he could barely get his ass up the court. Anyway getting off topic. Kobe is top 10 of all time while D Wade maybe lucky he scratches top 30 in my humble opinion... For a sg longevity Kobe could break record

Be's longevity forces me to grudgingly respect him.