Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Cuba

Default Re: One on One: Jordan vs. LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    I am sorry but that is just plain ridiculous...Shaq isn't even capable of dribbling the ball down the court...but more importantly Shaq is not capable of MAKING A SHOT....he would be forced to get in the paint everytime and if there is any kind of ref at all in this game then Jordan could just rack up charging fouls and force Shaq to shoot for the outside???

you think that Shaq has the speed to make a move to the basket on Jordan????? HELL NO...Jordan would steal the ball out of Shaq's clumby hands on a regular basis....

and on the other side of the court you have Jordan who is one of the greatest shooters of all time, Shaq would have no chance at all...Shaq would be forced to stay in the paint and if he went out to defend Jordan then he would get burned by Jordan's speed and end up watching a dunk....

this is a no brainer really...Shaq's entire game is based on him standing in the paint and having a great gaurd pass the ball to him...you are asking him to actually move around and play some basketball against Jordan and that is something that Shaq is simpley not capable of...he would get torched and the score would be ridiculously huge in favor of Jordan...

LMAO, there would be a ref in a one on one game, are you serious? Who cares if he's capable of making a jumpshot, the point is that MJ would not be able to stop Shaq from backing him down to the point Jordan is standing under the hoop. This is nearly a 180lbs weight difference, it's the equivalent of two Jordan's leaning on one Jordan, according to some of you just one Jordan is all that is needed to tear the fabric of space and time.

Why would Shaq need a dribble, he outweighs Jordan by nearly 2x, that is an absurd amount of weight difference. There is no amount of leverage MJ can gain to stop that much weight from pushing him around, he would need to snare Shaq's foot in a bear trap and tie the other end to a Ford F-150 to pull Shaq out of the paint.

Im literally cracking up here, I cannot believe how ridiculous this post is. Im almost certain you dont play basketball.

Why would Shaq need a dribble, he outweighs Jordan by nearly 2x, that is an absurd amount of weight difference. There is no amount of leverage MJ can gain to stop that much weight from pushing him around, he would need snare Shaq's foot in a bear trap and tie the other end to a Ford F-150 to pull Shaq out of the paint.
    And I was cracking up at that.

Shaq is not a skilled player, he is a dominant player.
    You crackhead. You don't know anything.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

MJ wins 21 to 15 Lebron

Lebron's 15 points will be all dunks maybe 1 or 2 jumpshot. MJ's 21 will be based on a variety of moves, fadeaways jumper, dunks, you name it.

Jordan will make Lebron look like a high school player again.

Jordan's defense will limit Lebron's effectiveness.

Jordan's a better scorer, 10x more efficient, and one of the most fundamentally sound player ever.

Lebron might win a game by extreme luck which will irritate Jordan's nerves and then MJ will go ahead and win the next 10 games.

Enough said.

I Am A huge Lebron Fan But Even i Would Have To Go With The 6 Time Champion

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    LMAO, there would be a ref in a one on one game, are you serious? Who cares if he's capable of making a jumpshot, the point is that MJ would not be able to stop Shaq from backing him down to the point Jordan is standing under the hoop. This is nearly a 180lbs weight difference, it's the equivalent of two Jordan's leaning on one Jordan, according to some of you just one Jordan is all that is needed to tear the fabric of space and time.
    ok if there is no ref and no rules then you are right...Shaq could just punch Jordan in the face and knock him out every play...
    Why would Shaq need a dribble, he outweighs Jordan by nearly 2x, that is an absurd amount of weight difference. There is no amount of leverage MJ can gain to stop that much weight from pushing him around, he would need to snare Shaq's foot in a bear trap and tie the other end to a Ford F-150 to pull Shaq out of the paint.
    why would shaq need to dribble?...this is basketball isn't it?

the last time I checked you had to dribble the ball down the court if you want to get in shooting range...

oh wait...I forgot....there are no refs so shaq could just run holding the ball...my bad.
    Im literally cracking up here, I cannot believe how ridiculous this post is. Im almost certain you dont play basketball.
    to think that Shaq has the ball skills to beat Jordan in a game of one on one is seriously one of the dumbest things I have ever heard here...the fact that you think it is funny to think that MJ would win is really sad...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    I am sorry but that is just plain ridiculous...Shaq isn't even capable of dribbling the ball down the court...but more importantly Shaq is not capable of MAKING A SHOT....he would be forced to get in the paint everytime and if there is any kind of ref at all in this game then Jordan could just rack up charging fouls and force Shaq to shoot for the outside???

you think that Shaq has the speed to make a move to the basket on Jordan????? HELL NO...Jordan would steal the ball out of Shaq's clumby hands on a regular basis....

and on the other side of the court you have Jordan who is one of the greatest shooters of all time, Shaq would have no chance at all...Shaq would be forced to stay in the paint and if he went out to defend Jordan then he would get burned by Jordan's speed and end up watching a dunk....

this is a no brainer really...Shaq's entire game is based on him standing in the paint and having a great gaurd pass the ball to him...you are asking him to actually move around and play some basketball against Jordan and that is something that Shaq is simpley not capable of...he would get torched and the score would be ridiculously huge in favor of Jordan...
    That post explains it all, you don't play basketball.
    Do yuo know how wide shaq is? Getting around him is not an easy thing to do, on defense for the steal, or getting by on offense.
    1 on 1 you don't need handles, Shaq gets the ball posts up and gets jordan all the way to the post. There are no charges when you're playing 1 on 1 and shaq mull through players, he goes over them. It's feeling your defense with your back and taking what the defense gives you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bq63G0DUYh8
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_xU7FZY3KcM
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8CBvWWbAQ-o

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    you know what he ment Richie...

yes Shaq has skills there are is question but he is talking about ball control skills...and Shaq has zero of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6

Obviously, you don't know anything. Since when are dunks, baby hook shots, 45% free throw percentage, and simply mauling guys to get to the hoop considered skilled? Any 350 pounder can use his weight and barrel people over. How many guys at 7'+ can do just about anything from defense to 3 pointers other than Dirk Nowitzki?

This thread lacks logic after Loki.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    That post explains it all, you don't play basketball.
    yes I have and I know that size is huge whenit comes to one on one, I have played hundreds of one on one games and I have been beaten by players shorter than myself...I also have a large friend that I cuold beat every time...but we are comparing I guy who is not capable of dribbling the ball of shooting to the GOAT....it is ridiculous.
    Do yuo know how wide shaq is? Getting around him is not an easy thing to do, on defense for the steal, or getting by on offense.
    WTF...???

you seriously don't think Jordan could get past shaq?...when has shaq EVER had to guard someone on the outside???

he would get burned...every time...EVERY....SINGLE.....TIME

and if he wants to just sit in the paint then he is going to have fun watching Jordan rain shoots over his head...
    1 on 1 you don't need handles, Shaq gets the ball posts up and gets jordan all the way to the post. There are no charges when you're playing 1 on 1 and shaq mull through players, he goes over them. It's feeling your defense with your back and taking what the defense gives you.
    you don't need handles???....seriously???

ok...it is you that has not played very much basketball in your life...not me

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    Obviously, you don't know anything. Since when are dunks, baby hook shots, 45% free throw percentage, and simply mauling guys to get to the hoop considered skilled? Any 350 pounder can use his weight and barrel people over. How many guys at 7'+ can do just about anything from defense to 3 pointers other than Dirk Nowitzki?
    Dirk is a bad defender. Shaq has no skills? Explain to me why his arsenal is so big then?

- Baby hookshot, almost unblockable
    - Turn arnound baseline drive, usually into a dunk
    - A variety of drop-step layups
    - Drop step dunks
    - Post up and turn around
    - Pump fake turn arounds, pivots, etc.
    - A massive variety of back-to-the-basket maneuvers.

And that was only his offense. Saying Shaq has no skills and is only pure muscle is one of the stupidest things I've heard anyone say about one of the greatest centers ever. Just because he has a reputation of dunking, that doesn't mean that's all he can do. He has great fundamentals, quickness, and footwork. Not to mention his great low-post passing ability. Shaq has no skills? How can you get into the NBA, win 4 rings, Finals MVP's, all-star MVPs, all-nba selections, and more, just off being a power dunker? You oubviously don't watch tape of prime Shaq play. He isn't Dwight Howard you know. He has more in his repetoire than just dunking. Go start a topic about Shaq having no skill and pure muscle and see how many people call you a stupid moron.
    Last edited by Richie2k6; 06-01-2007 at 10:11 PM.

-primetime-

these videos prove my point...the very fact that they are on youtube shows how rare it is that he ever dribbles the ball...did you hear the annoucers?? they were laughing about it

-primetime-

A compilation of videos of Jordan posterizing Shaq:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8g40udNBfM

[QUOTE=Richie2k6]

- Baby hookshot, almost unblockable

Once again, the hook shot. Any tall guy taking a hook shot is almost unblockable.

- Turn arnound baseline drive, usually into a dunk

Back to the dunk.

- A variety of drop-step layups
    - Drop step dunks
    - Post up and turn around
    - Pump fake turn arounds, pivots, etc.
    - A massive variety of back-to-the-basket maneuvers.

Once again, we're back to low post moves, more specifically posting up, turn arounds, hook shots, and dunks, which we already covered.

No doubt, Shaq was very agile and athletic in his prime, but his game always consisted of dunks and baby hooks, which start off with post up moves. Any 7 footer can block shots, dunk, and get rebounds. Power has always been Shaq's most valuable asset. Without it, where would he be?