Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: PickUp Game: Larry Bird VS Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls

Bird D
    Pippen A+
    he's white right? and slow....so he must be bad on defense!

try again buddy

So was pippen. All you have to know about pippens drive is that he went from being a ball manger in college to an all-time great hofer. Bird left indiana cuz he couldn't cut it. Drive and inatngibles. Please.
    Bird is one of the top 10 most competitive ball players of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    A D? D? Seriously...D? D?

HAHAHAHAHA

Read this thread...please... http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=230228&page=3

Also...check this video out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Ixy8Uttq0
    Do you even know the difference between man defense and help defense?

And just so you know, id give bird a B on help defense. There's a reason why mchale as a power forward had to defend the opposing teams better scoring forward. Cuz bird couldn't. Mchale had to defend guys like worthy and wilkins.

Which also expalins why bird defensive rating is so high. He routinely defended the worse offensive forward.

The same goes for carlos boozer. Noah draws the assignment of having to defend the opposing teams best scoring bigman be it center or power forward

So was pippen. All you have to know about pippens drive is that he went from being a ball manger in college to an all-time great hofer. Bird left indiana cuz he couldn't cut it. Drive and inatngibles. Please.
    You are ludicrously biased, or deluded, or both.

Bird possessed intangible greatness. Pippen did not. It's really quite simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    he's white right? and slow....so he must be bad on defense!

try again buddy

Bird is one of the top 10 most competitive ball players of all time.
    Go back and read my post. I stated man MAN defense. Birds strength on defense was his help defense. Which is worthless in a 1 on 1 setting.

Bird

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    You are ludicrously biased, or deluded, or both.

Bird possessed intangible greatness. Pippen did not. It's really quite simple.
    I'm biased? Why don't you go back and read the road pippen traveled to get to the hall of fame. You'd be hard pressed trying to find a harder one.

And I never said bird didn't have intangibles, I said pippen did too. Pippen could score 15 pts and be the most dominant player on the court. Through his versitlity, running the offense, defense, and intangibles

I am deeply saddened by the responses in this thread.

To think that people are saying that Bird has no chance against anyone is just cray. I mean, maybe saying a 50/50 split or something.. but no chance??

People really don't understand what it means to be so competitive that you become one of the greatest players ever... Bird would find a way to win somehow against anyone.. He was a basketball genius. Yes Scottie's athleticism gives him an edge, and i think he'd be able to win like 2 out of 10 times. But Bird would just rain shots in his grill all day out of sheer ferocity and will to win.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho

To think that people are saying that Bird has no chance against anyone is just cray. I mean, maybe saying a 50/50 split or something.. but no chance??

People really don't understand what it means to be so competitive that you become one of the greatest players ever... Bird would find a way to win somehow against anyone.. He was a basketball genius. Yes Scottie's athleticism gives him an edge, and i think he'd be able to win like 2 out of 10 times. But Bird would just rain shots in his grill all day out of sheer ferocity and will to win.
    They just don't get it. An ISH thread earlier had Bird out of 30% of people's top 10 lists. Sickening. Unknowledgable or biased people...

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I'm no kid, my first NBA Finals I saw was the Rockets/Celtics in 86.

I think the thing here is we got a lot of white old timers trying to prop one of their own, I'm not black nor white, I'm nuetral.

Read carefully, I'm not saying Pippen is a better player than Bird, IMO, Bird is top 5 GOAT player while Pip is top 20, but we are not talking 5v5 ball, in a 1v1 Pip wins because he's an elite athletic and long defender while Bird was avg at best at D, advantage Pippen.

Your for sure a kid, and your opinion is bullshit as well....Bird never had a problem with length from anyone, he shot was near unblockable and he can shoot while being draped is as good as anyone...you for sure don't know what the hell your talking about son....

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    They just don't get it. An ISH thread earlier had Bird out of 30% of people's top 10 lists. Sickening. Unknowledgable or biased people...
    Just because bird is top 10 does not mean he's capable of beating every player ranked under him in a game of 1 v 1.

And this is where your obviously confused

Great college starter

I can tell the fools that never saw Pippen being matched up with Bird...Bird ate Pippen's lunch on many an occasion...and the Bulls would have to put Brad Sellers on Bird instead of Pippen cuz he was LONGER than Pippen and had a better chance at contesting...

BIRD TOOLED PIPPEN just like any other small forward during his time, PERIOD>

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Your for sure a kid, and your opinion is bullshit as well....Bird never had a problem with length from anyone, he shot was near unblockable and he can shoot while being draped is as good as anyone...you for sure don't know what the hell your talking about son....
    Do you understand the concept of 1 on 1? Do you really see bird being able to stick jumpers in pippens face more than pippens capable of going around bird or hitting open jumpers? I mean, bird must guard pippen too.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho

Was going to say something similar but you beat me to it.

Just because bird is top 10 does not mean he's capable of beating every player ranked under him in a game of 1 v 1.

And this is where your obviously confused
    You are a giant bulls homer.

So because Bird was one of the greatest offensive players and shooters of all time doesn't mean he could beat those under him?? And also doesnt mean he is CAPABLE?????!?!?! WTFFF

What does it mean then? Bird was a fraud who was only successful due to isolated situations?

How old are you? Do you even understand the essence of Bird's game? You keep saying how bird wouldnt be as effective 1 vs 1. Are you high? Is there a pattern of mental retardation in your family? I feel these questions would help me understand your views more.
    Last edited by OhNoTimNoSho; 01-23-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

I'm not sure bird could beat gerald green in a game of 1 on 1.