Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Some Pau trade ideas

The Lakers could have had Josh Smith if they had also been willing to take on Marvin Williams, which would have given them 2 young, athletic players in the front court.

And even if it didn't work out, Josh and Dwight are both expirers, giving the Lakers tons of cap space to start the rebuilding process.

College superstar

Just wanting to bump this thread for all those people that said I was overrating Pau.

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Two things first:
    Boston
    Trade restrictions won't allow this in the TM. Bass, Bradley, Green for Pau.
    Celtics are doing well without Bradley (a lot of guard depth), and Pau is significantly better than Green and Bass, neither of whom has a shot at an All-Star game... ever.
    What the? I'll fly to Boston and hit Danny over the head if this ever happened.

Are Celtics doing well without Bradley? Give up Green? Okay..

lol never mind, didn't see the date. Still, no thanks.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski
    What the? I'll fly to Boston and hit Danny over the head if this ever happened.

Are Celtics doing well without Bradley? Give up Green? Okay..

lol never mind, didn't see the date. Still, no thanks.
    Ya it is pretty dated, but just wanted to bump this for everyone that was saying Pau was washed up, not worth that much, etc. He clearly still knows how to play, and just needs an opportunity.

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Ya it is pretty dated, but just wanted to bump this for everyone that was saying Pau was washed up, not worth that much, etc. He clearly still knows how to play, and just needs an opportunity.
    The only people who bad mouths Pau are fake Laker fans, often with Kobe as their avatar.

I would not mind if he came to Boston obviously. Hes an superb player with high basketball IQ. But just not for that trade mentioned, today. For Bass, yes ;-)

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski
    The only people who bad mouths Pau are fake Laker fans, often with Kobe as their avatar.

I would not mind if he came to Boston obviously. Hes an superb player with high basketball IQ. But just not for that trade mentioned, today. For Bass, yes ;-)
    Green's resurgence may have made the trade pretty lopsided. I never expected him to start playing so well. He's not a first option, and it would be worth it, probably for both teams, to do a straight up trade (would never work in salaries), but adding in a superb defender and a good backup, yeah... it is no longer valid.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Just wanting to bump this thread for all those people that said I was overrating Pau.
    You are. He's been on the decline the past 3 years.

College star

2) I do NOT think the Lakers should trade Pau. Way too hard to get good value for you (as you will see from my trades)
    The Lakers should not trade Pau because he deserves respect for bringing them 2 rings as the #1 option.

But if you're worried of not getting good value, hell, the Fakers got Gasol for just a Kwame Brown. If you're trading Gasol, you will get Carmelo, CP3, Lebron and D-Wade.

Banned

Cant cavs offer some picks for Pau? I mean they need a good center/vet and Pau is both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrewer
    Cant cavs offer some picks for Pau? I mean they need a good center/vet and Pau is both of those.
    Irving + varejao for Pau+meeks + morris.

get it done Mitch

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    Irving + varejao for Pau+meeks + morris.

get it done Mitch
    LOLOLOL 3peat

If the Hornets aren't sure about Eric Gordon's health:

Pau Gasol

for

Eric Gordon
    Ryan Anderson

LA gets the SG that can replace Kobe during his abscence (and when he retires), and a PF to replace Pau that fits better next to Howard (as proved last season).

Nash
    Gordon
    World Peace
    Anderson
    Howard

Good team considering Kobe won't be there.

NOLA gets rid of Gordon's contract, and gets a great player to play next to Anthony Davis, who can help him improve, and who's also expires next season.

They'd be competitive while, due to Pau's expirer, they'd be able to sign a good free agent in 2014.
    IMO they'll be able to replace Gordon with this season's pick, so it's not that big of a deal to lose him.