Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

I think that Portland Trailblazers will select Kevin Durant with the number one pick in the Two Thousand And Seven National Basketball Association Draft.

The Portland Trailblazers don't really need Greg Oden as much as they need Kevin Durant. Yes, Martell Webster is good and Travis Outlaw, if they extend a qualifying offer to him, is decent, but placing Kevin Durant in that Portland Trailblazers lineup would be lethal.

PG - Jarret Jack

SG - Brandon Roy

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Zach Randolph

CT - LaMarcus Aldridge

Most people are predicting that Greg Oden will be picked, but if Greg Oden is picked, people will be shaking their heads "Why did the Portland Trailblazers select Greg Oden when they already have LaMarcus Aldridge???" It's crazy.

It's like the time when the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. The reason why the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan is because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, so it would've been redundant to sign Michael Jordan.

The Portland Trailblazers will probably select Kevin Durant.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

I don't think this will happen, not a chance. And no, this isn't a "need over talent" pick. Portland already has a solid frontcourt and yet Oden is still the consensus choice based on his talent and potential.

But imagine if it did. What kind of "thank you" present from Seattle would be most appropriate for such a blunder?

No they won't... Hakeem and Sampson ... Duncan and Robinson. Who says two big men can't play alongside?

NBA rookie of the year

Aldridge is more of a PF anyway, and Oden is your standard traditional center type (pretty much to a tee).

So that's really not an issue. The Blazers probably were going to deal Zach Randolph anyway, no.1 pick or not.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaider
    I think that Portland Trailblazers will select Kevin Durant with the number one pick in the Two Thousand And Seven National Basketball Association Draft.

The Portland Trailblazers don't really need Greg Oden as much as they need Kevin Durant. Yes, Martell Webster is good and Travis Outlaw, if they extend a qualifying offer to him, is decent, but placing Kevin Durant in that Portland Trailblazers lineup would be lethal.

PG - Jarret Jack

SG - Brandon Roy

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Zach Randolph

CT - LaMarcus Aldridge

Most people are predicting that Greg Oden will be picked, but if Greg Oden is picked, people will be shaking their heads "Why did the Portland Trailblazers select Greg Oden when they already have LaMarcus Aldridge???" It's crazy.

It's like the time when the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. The reason why the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan is because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, so it would've been redundant to sign Michael Jordan.

The Portland Trailblazers will probably select Kevin Durant.

youre saying they should take durant cuz they already have a big in aldridge by comparing it to selecting sam bowie ahead of jordan cuz they already had a sg in drexler?

Since before the draft, I had the Blazers labeled as the only team that would consider drafting Durant before Oden but I never thought they would win it so I never really thought about it.

But since the draft, I honestly think that theres a legit chance they will take Durant.

I mean a lineup of

Jack/Rodriguez
    Roy/Webster
    Durant
    Aldridge
    Randoph/Magloire

is pretty intriguing. If Durant lives up to the hype, they could content in 2-3 seasons. And its going to be hard to trade Randoph, so why not keep him?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by knicks15
    youre saying they should take durant cuz they already have a big in aldridge by comparing it to selecting sam bowie ahead of jordan cuz they already had a sg in drexler?

Ummm...yeah.

Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

They also have .agloire and Pryzstiff too. Somebody has to go,

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
    They also have .agloire and Pryzstiff too. Somebody has to go,

They don't really have Jamaal Magloire. He's a free agent.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Magloire is a free agent and Przybilla is irrelevant.

Local High School Star

Ummm...yeah.
    if youre comparing it to the jordan situation, they should select oden. being that they had a sg in drexler and shoulda took jordan anyway, while they have a big in aldridge and should take oden anyway. if they were going for need like the blazers were, they would select durant as they did bowie. ummm yeah

Local High School Star

if youre comparing it to the jordan situation, they should select oden. being that they had a sg in drexler and shoulda took jordan anyway, while they have a big in aldridge and should take oden anyway. if they were going for need like the blazers were, they would select durant as they did bowie. ummm yeah

I respectfully disagree with you. They already have a Center in LaMarcus Aldridge, Joel Pryzbilla, and Raef LaFrentz. They're pretty weak in the Small Forward department, so choosing Kevin Durant would be a no brainer. Ummm...yeah.

Local High School Star

I respectfully disagree with you. They already have a Center in LaMarcus Aldridge, Joel Pryzbilla, and Raef LaFrentz. They're pretty weak in the Small Forward department, so choosing Kevin Durant would be a no brainer. Ummm...yeah.

so why would u compare it to the sam bowie thing when they went for need. if you need a sf and u draft durant ahead of oden, youre drafting for need. yeah.

Local High School Star

and whenever u include joel pryzbilla and raef lafrentz in your reason for not drafting oden, u should get a 10 day ISH ban

Local High School Star

so why would u compare it to the sam bowie thing when they went for need. if you need a sf and u draft durant ahead of oden, youre drafting for need. yeah.

Because they didn't need Michael Jordan because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, which is similar to what I'm saying. They already have LaMarcus Aldridge and their position of need is Small Foward, so they should select Kevin Durant. Ummm...yeah.