Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy
    Sweet! But... how are they getting him?
    after the season when AI is unrestricted.
    unless Orlando has a bunch of expiring contracts and a good young player to offer.

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy
    Sweet! But... how are they getting him?
    Rashard/Cook for Iverson works numbers wise.

The only way Denver deals AI is if they get mostly expirers in return. Their goal is to shed salary, like they did in the Camby trade and they still have a $77M payroll this season.

There are only a few team that have the expirers to make it work, then they have to add talent and picks.

NY (Marbury, Rose)
    Dallas (Kidd)
    Cleveland (Wally, Snow, Varejo)
    Miami (Marion)

and maybe some others. Ideally Denver should also look to unload 1 of Nene or Martin since those contracts are also holding back the team. (AI, K-Mart, Nene and Melo alone make $60M)

Personally I would love see AI in Cleveland with LBJ.

Wally
    Varejao
    West/Gibson
    Snow
    2#1's

for

AI
    K-Mart/Nene
    Atkins

CAVS

Mo Williams / Atkins
    Iverson / Gibson
    LBJ / Kinsey
    K-Mart / Hickson
    Ilgauskas / Wallace

WOW!
    Last edited by ChuckOakley; 09-26-2008 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Rashard/Cook for Iverson works numbers wise.
    Yea Im sure the Nuggets are looking to take on an even bigger contract for 5 more years.

That Rashard Lewis contract has to be the hardest contract in sports to trade. Absolutely horrible contract.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

If Denver would just like to get expirers for AI, they might as well keep him seeing that he is an expirer himself. They would his star power to keep some fans coming and a chance at the playoffs, while still being able to shed 20 mil at the end of the season.

Now if they can get some kind of young talent, then a trade would be smart, other wise no. But I personally don't think Denver's front office is very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    CAVS

Mo Williams / Atkins
    Iverson / Gibson
    LBJ / Kinsey
    K-Mart / Hickson
    Ilgauskas / Wallace

WOW!
    That bench doesn't look too good, but that starting line-up is insane.
    Last edited by Rockets(T-mac); 09-26-2008 at 07:27 PM.

I usually hit open layups

i wouldn't be upset either. the nuggets are at best an 8th seed in the western conference. i don't like iverson very much, but i'd like to see him win a championship before his career is over because of his dedication to the game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

CE-?
    PF-Michael Beasley
    SF-Shawn Marion
    SG-Dwyane Wade
    PG-Allen Iverson

Not bad on the heat.

CE-Shaq
    PF-Amare
    SF-Hill
    SG-Iverson
    PG-Nash

Not bad on the suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    If Denver would just like to get expirers for AI, they might as well keep him seeing that he is an expirer himself.
    I don't think some of the people here realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    If Denver would just like to get expirers for AI, they might as well keep him seeing that he is an expirer himself. They would his star power to keep some fans coming and a chance at the playoffs, while still being able to shed 20 mil at the end of the season.

Now if they can get some kind of young talent, then a trade would be smart, other wise no. But I personally don't think Denver's front office is very smart.

That bench doesn't look too good, but that starting line-up is insane.
    That's why in the trade I proposed they also get rid of either Nene's or K-Mart's ridiculous contract as well as landing modest talent (D.West or D.Gibson + 2 #1 picks)

After this season they would have

D.West / Carter
    JR Smith
    C.Anthony
    Klieza / Balkman
    Nene / Hunter
    +
    Thier own drafts picks
    2 Cleveland picks
    +
    Cap space

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    That Rashard Lewis contract has to be the hardest contract in sports to trade. Absolutely horrible contract.
    Its funny because when you think in terms of "untouchable" you think of Lebron, Dwight, etc. But in reality, I think Rashard Lewis is the only true untouchable player, not because of his talent, but because of the ridiculous amount he is making and the longevity of the contract. No GM in their right mind would give up anything for a contract of that magnitude unless they themselves are unloading an even worse mix of contracts. And that would be incredibly stupid and would never happen

I dont know if this has been said or pointed out, but im pretty sure it has. At the age of 33, even though he doesnt show signs of slowing down, its human nature that he will. He has accomplished individual success and made his money in the NBA. Is is time for for the championship move and go to a competitive team?

Sureley nobody would give him a big contract after this one expires right? maybe in the 10 mil range? will he be willing to take a lower cut to play for team like San Antonio. Or maybe the time frame is just right to join the last year Boston will be competitive in 2010/11, basically when the big three is on its last leg. I know many argues that Iverson cannot fit as a role player. But his perfect role (as a role player), would be off the bench, give him the ball and give a major offensive boost when needed.

I dont know when that will happen because as i said, there's no signs of slowing down. still quick and aggressive. the question is when his contract is up, what offers can he expect. He is still producing but he would have been in the league around 13 years and he is getting closer to his mid 30's. whats the highest and longest term would a team offer iverson and is he still looking for that or will he take a backseat to a championship team.

I would love to see this guy get a ring before its all said and done and i think he can do that while being a vital part for the team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Remember Nick Van Exel back when he was on the Mavs? Dude was such a spark for them off the bench. I can see Iverson in that same type of role somewhere.

Van Exel's Stats With Dallas

27.8 mpg
    12.5 ppg
    4.3 apg
    38% from deep

Seemed like he scored in loads when he was on that team
    But you have to realize that Iverson is on a whole nother level than Van Exel.

I usually hit open layups

honestly i'd like to see if iverson is about winning or stats. i think the nuggets of last year would've been much better to have allen iverson move the ball, play good defense, and score when needed. obviously that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    CE-?
    PF-Michael Beasley
    SF-Shawn Marion
    SG-Dwyane Wade
    PG-Allen Iverson

Not bad on the heat.

CE-Shaq
    PF-Amare
    SF-Hill
    SG-Iverson
    PG-Nash

Not bad on the suns.
    Apart from Amare that would be one old azz Suns first-team.