Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PS4 or XBOX ONE: Which Console to Get?

I'm in the market for a console. Decided I may wait til Black Friday sales. I have the Wii U but I think I'm done with that system. May even trade it in if it makes sense.

I'm a morning gamer. i play for 1-2 hours some days before work. I also play on sunday mornings. Usually play sports games but I rotate in one other genre at a time. Any reason not to get the cheaper XBOX(I've always had XBOX)? All my friends do have PS4 tho

Banned

Default Re: PS4 or XBOX ONE: Which Console to Get?

1. Get whichever console your friends have, unless you don't play multiplayer ever.

2. Get whichever console has the more appealing exclusives to you.

Nothing else matters. Don't listen to "PS4 is more powerful", there's essentially no noticeable difference between the two. And that's coming from someone who owns a PS4.

Banned

You DON'T want to miss out of Halo 5. Trust me

[QUOTE=Shade8780]1. Get whichever console your friends have, unless you don't play multiplayer ever.

Nothing else matters. Don't listen to "PS4 is more powerful", there's essentially no noticeable difference between the two. And that's coming from someone who owns a PS4.[/QUOTE

That makes sense. I have been hearing that but I suspected what you are saying.

Gonna have to look up the list of exclusives. I don't really play multiplayer with them unless we are in the same room. It would just mean I'm at a disadvantage due to controller familiarity.

Is the xbox one OS still buggy? I think the shitty Wii U OS wouldnt bother me but it pissed me off everyday

You DON'T want to miss out of Halo 5. Trust me
    I would def play it and beat it. But i wouldnt have any buddies for co-opt this time and the multiplayer is beyond me. Kids these days are too good at shooters for me. Plus my reflexes are now shit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I would def play it and beat it. But i wouldnt have any buddies for co-opt this time and the multiplayer is beyond me. Kids these days are too good at shooters for me. Plus my reflexes are now shit
    Find some people on here or Halo forums to play with.

I'm not sure about the Xbox OS, I don't have one.

Banned

[QUOTE=IGOTGAME]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    1. Get whichever console your friends have, unless you don't play multiplayer ever.

Nothing else matters. Don't listen to "PS4 is more powerful", there's essentially no noticeable difference between the two. And that's coming from someone who owns a PS4.[/QUOTE

That makes sense. I have been hearing that but I suspected what you are saying.

Gonna have to look up the list of exclusives. I don't really play multiplayer with them unless we are in the same room. It would just mean I'm at a disadvantage due to controller familiarity.

Is the xbox one OS still buggy? I think the shitty Wii U OS wouldnt bother me but it pissed me off everyday

Ive had more issues with my ps4 crashing to the main screen. My xbox one hasn't had any issues besides nba2k making my live log out when it launches but i think that's game related. But then ive seen some people say they had issues on both systems so who knows.

Buy what your friends have or what has the exclusives you want. I use my xbox one morr but that's because i prefer the controller and os if i didn't have that I'd be just as happy on the ps4.

Hold up....with xbox they have something called ea access!! this sounds amazing, only 5 dollars a month and I can play a ton of EA games. Sounds perfect.

Is there some hidden downside to EA Access...

Banned

Hold up....with xbox they have something called ea access!! this sounds amazing, only 5 dollars a month and I can play a ton of EA games. Sounds perfect.

Is there some hidden downside to EA Access...
    Not every game though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Acc...s_in_the_Vault

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Thats rough. If the price stayed the same it would be worth it for sports gamers. I'm going to give them 60 bucks for FIFA anyway (unless PES definatively takes over) so why not get an extra good game or two per year.

Like Dark Souls? Get Bloodbourne. PS4 exclusive

Like Destiny? Has PS4 exclusives.

PS4 as a console is selling more than Xbone.

Your friends have PS4? No brainer then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding
    Like Dark Souls? Get Bloodbourne. PS4 exclusive

Like Destiny? Has PS4 exclusives.

PS4 as a console is selling more than Xbone.

Your friends have PS4? No brainer then.
    I'm leaning towards it. But symmetrical sticks make me sick. I always feel weird using them.

I'm leaning towards it. But symmetrical sticks make me sick. I always feel weird using them.
    Meh, I used 360 for a long time. Didn't bother me at all going to ps4. Ps4 has smaller controller and the touch pad is nice too. Most game utilize it as a inventory or minimap button

National High School Star

There's no right answer here, as everyone has said, get what your friends have and get what ones exclusives appeal to you more.

That said, don't trade in the Wii U, you get bugger all for slightly old games/systems. Plus the Wii U is a gem IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    There's no right answer here, as everyone has said, get what your friends have and get what ones exclusives appeal to you more.

That said, don't trade in the Wii U, you get bugger all for slightly old games/systems. Plus the Wii U is a gem IMO.
    I haven't touched it in 4 months. Haven't even turned it on once. I have like 6 really good games. But my SO really wants me to keep it and. It Mario maker. I think I might just kee it because 200 bucks for 6 games a system and 2 controllers does kinda feel like shut.

National High School Star

I haven't touched it in 4 months. Haven't even turned it on once. I have like 6 really good games. But my SO really wants me to keep it and. It Mario maker. I think I might just kee it because 200 bucks for 6 games a system and 2 controllers does kinda feel like shut.
    If you are gonna sell anything like that, best bets is at a garage/yard sale. You'll get less then what you want, but more then anywhere else