Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I read an interview with Nolan and it sounds like he has no plans to release an extended version of the movie. In the same interview, he made it sound like there wasn't that much deleted scenes. He stated that most of the editing came in the writing room before the scenes were even shot.
    I read that as well. This other article seems to contradict it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    For me it goes:

TDK

Rises
    Begins

But I can easily see why anyone would rank Begins over Rises. It was definitely a much tighter film and they both had the same basic storyline.
    Yeah, mine is:

TDK

Begins
    Rises

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    I really loved Batman Begins and from the countless reviews I've read Batamn Begins is BY FAR the runt of the little... but I just don't see how. Not "by far" anyhow. That movie was wank material.
    If I had to post a 0.5 rating for me personally...

The Dark Knight 9.5/10.0
    The Dark Knight Rises 9.0/10.0
    Batman Begins 8.5/10.0

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    For me it goes:

TDK

Rises
    Begins

But I can easily see why anyone would rank Begins over Rises. It was definitely a much tighter film and they both had the same basic storyline.
    I guess and more in-depth of how it "all came to be" for me was what really set the tone for it all. It put a new perspective and understanding to the whole Batman persona and the magnitude of just how massive the "Wayne Family" was to the the city of Gotham. Never before did it seem the Wayne family was that important in all of the Batman franchise.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Just re-watched the ending again and it brought back the same exact feelings and made me tear up a bit just like it did in theaters. One of the greatest movie trilogies of all time, right up there with LOTR and Star Wars (before 1-3 were made) no doubt. Man such fu**ing good movies. Wish I had a better job then so I could have seen it multiple times in theaters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDlRUnTL9g

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Does anyone else think the ending might've been a bit better if the last shot was just Alfred looking up with that slight hint of satisfaction but never actually seeing Bruce? I dunno, sometimes an ambiguous ending makes for more of an emotional impact. I didn't need absolute confirmation that Bruce was still alive.

Fantastic series though. I'm holding out for the supposed "Collector's" edition Blu-ray trilogy that will come out next year.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Does anyone else think the ending might've been a bit better if the last shot was just Alfred looking up with that slight hint of satisfaction but never actually seeing Bruce? I dunno, sometimes an ambiguous ending makes for more of an emotional impact. I didn't need absolute confirmation that Bruce was still alive.

Fantastic series though. I'm holding out for the supposed "Collector's" edition Blu-ray trilogy that will come out next year.
    I'm holding out for Man of Steel. Nolan about to revive another Superhero movie franchise .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Yup, a lot of people said the same thing in that massive TDKR thread that was here around the time the movie came out. The ending of Rises seemed forced and a cop out by Nolan IMO.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Rises was a good enough movie and all, but the whole premise of Batman, the Joker, a guy who wears Darth Vader breathing apparatus and can punch through cement pillars... like SMFH. Trying SO hard to be serious and then having Batman talk like that along with everything else... like I said, good enough movies, I enjoyed them, but I laugh my ass off at Christoper Nolan trying to make people take them as a serious piece of drama.

As a comic book flick it's almost flawless
    If you have realistic perceptions on the dynamics and nature of the story , you will find it silly

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    As a comic book flick it's almost flawless
    If you have realistic perceptions on the dynamics and nature of the story , you will find it silly
    Right, I definitely can (and did) enjoy them for what they are. But I'm not the one trying to make it a serious drama piece; the director is. And you're right, it's silly.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Rises was a good enough movie and all, but the whole premise of Batman, the Joker, a guy who wears Darth Vader breathing apparatus and can punch through cement pillars... like SMFH. Trying SO hard to be serious and then having Batman talk like that along with everything else... like I said, good enough movies, I enjoyed them, but I laugh my ass off at Christoper Nolan trying to make people take them as a serious piece of drama.
    Superhero films based on comic books tend to be unrealistic. For example, The Avengers had a massive green man and I've yet to see one in real life. I think Nolan should have made it slightly more cartoonish instead of opting for the crime/drama/action/thriller mood he eventually settled for. For example, if Selina Kyle had a tail attached to her costume/outfit, it would have been far easier for me to acknowledge her as a highly flexible thief come Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJohnson
    Superhero films based on comic books tend to be unrealistic. For example, The Avengers had a massive green man and I've yet to see one in real life. I think Nolan should have made it slightly more cartoonish instead of opting for the crime/drama/action/thriller mood he eventually settled for. For example, if Selina Kyle had a tail attached to her costume/outfit, it would have been far easier for me to acknowledge her as a highly flexible thief come Catwoman.
    I'm aware that they're unrealistic. I'm not the one walking into Batman films expecting to take them seriously. Christopher Nolan is the one trying to force down our throats that these are serious dramatic pieces, and that's laughable to me. You're making a f*cking Batman movie, enough with trying to make us believe this shit is real-life.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Now onto Superman.

Nolan's movement away from the traditional superhero Movie, toward action suspense, is going to be the catalyst for a new type of superhero film that will be popular for a long time.

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

Ill still take the 2 Tim Burton/Michael Keaton Batmans over Nolan/Bale Batmans