Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hunger games

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Default Re: Hunger games

Seems like everyone I know has read these damn books and/or is going to see this movie.

Will this be what kills Twilight?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Seems like everyone I know has read these damn books and/or is going to see this movie.

Will this be what kills Twilight?
    at work (magazines) we see sales that are similar to what Twilight got. We hope that continues

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    Is it just me or did they kind of rip off Battle Royale.
    Nah think it is only you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    No one gives a shit the dude who hates Big Bang theory hates it, or the dude who didn't like the Nikki Minaj album (although people who do like it scare me) and people hate Tim Tebow or people hate the Walking Dead whose discussion thread has become a thread to discuss if Zombies are realistic.

EVERY thread is a discussion if people like something or not and why. Me, who has READ Hunger Games (have you?) and Battle Royal think it's a valid point, they took an interesting concept (it is the concept that attracts you, right?) and turned it into something neutered for pop culture and teenage girls, and i think that's what screws it up.

THAT is my opinion. If you don't like it too ****ing bad, i don't get how criticism of Hunger Games is not allowed in a Hunger Games thread when every single thread in the OTC is arguing some point.
    stop whining bitch. all you ever do in threads is whine like a bitch. grow a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    stop whining bitch. all you ever do in threads is whine like a bitch. grow a pair.
    Oh **** off, all i said was i didn't like it and you all caught feelings. We can't say we don't like movies now?

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

I'd totally f#ck Jennifer Lawrence.

let me know if it's better than Battle Royale

Decent playground baller

just saw this last night out of curiosity and i must say it's a pretty good movie, the story didn't stray away from the book according to some reviews and jennifer lawrence just nailed the part. her acting was just wow. something i haven't seen in this kind of genre, twilight trio were awful actors.

at first i was, WTF? with the whole twisted survival of the fittest plot, then as the movie progressed, it just got better. the ending was kinda meh, but i was blown away by jennifer lawrence's performance and the movie was pretty great overall. 86% in rotten tomatoes.

Banned

Oh **** off, all i said was i didn't like it and you all caught feelings. We can't say we don't like movies now?
    caught feelings? LAWL stop whining like a bitch sport, aren't you 30+ years old with a wife and kids?

caught feelings? LAWL stop whining like a bitch sport, aren't you 30+ years old with a wife and kids?
    Explain to me why I have to like the movie.

Banned

Explain to me why I have to like the movie.
    no one said you did, just stop whining and moaning about it like a premenstrual female

Lol. I haven't seen or read the Hunger Games but...

According to Wiki the premise is:
    It is written in the voice of sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where the countries of North America once existed. The Capitol, a highly advanced metropolis, holds absolute power over the rest of the nation. The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged 12 to 18 from each of the 12 districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can survive.
    And the author's inspiration is:
    Collins says that the inspiration to write The Hunger Games came from channel surfing on television. On one channel she observed people competing on a reality show and on another she saw footage of the invasion of Iraq. The two "began to blur in this very unsettling way" and the idea for the book was formed.[

That bit[COLOR="Black"]ch[/COLOR] straight up ripped off Battle Royale. Every author steals shit, inspiration is free. But that is pretty striking.

no one said you did, just stop whining and moaning about it like a premenstrual female
    i posted once and you started attacking me so try again.

i posted once and you started attacking me so try again.
    Dude, we must all bow down to Nick Young--that fukking tool. He's clearly the master and expert of everything there is in life.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Lol. I haven't seen or read the Hunger Games but...

According to Wiki the premise is:

And the author's inspiration is:

That bit[COLOR="Black"]ch[/COLOR] straight up ripped off Battle Royale. Every author steals shit, inspiration is free. But that is pretty striking.
    it's Battle Royal without the clear political and societal (about japanese society though) subtext. I think if you know of Battle Royale first it's more striking because without that, it feels kind of childish. But if you don't know Battle Royale clearly this would not bother you.

The first time i brought this up i caught such shit and four other people have brought it up. It's not me just pulling things from the air.